Author Topic: Apartment Key  (Read 26510 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Apartment Key
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2017, 07:09:37 PM »
Are you of the opinion that the rectangular part of the snib acts as an anti-slam device without involving the matter of the key? Clearly that is crucial in determining whether or not Madeleine wandered out that door on her own volition.
I think the answer to your question was Yes.  A key or turning the handle may pull this back, which doesn't happen if it is just pulled behind you.  At the McCann residence the handle on the door is unrelated to the latch (at least 120 mm above it).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 07:12:00 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2017, 08:08:35 PM »
By using the key in the lock to pull the front door closed, if Tannerman or an accomplice was the abductor, the door would latch.  From the outside it would effectively be locked and a key would be needed to get in again.   IMO .... but I haven't seen the actual lock and latch in action, so I cantg be sure. 

If it acts like i think it does, by pulling the door closed using the key, the latch would engage.

That's right, you just pull the knob and it closes behind you.  If you forget the key you're stuffed. To open it from the inside you simply slide the bar with your finger.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »
I think the answer to your question was Yes.  A key or turning the handle may pull this back, which doesn't happen if it is just pulled behind you.  At the McCann residence the handle on the door is unrelated to the latch (at least 120 mm above it).

The knob is for pulling the door behind you, it does not turn, it has no other function.  The McCanns never claimed nor denied that the double locking mechanism was ever engaged.  If the door wasn't locked with the key from the inside any small child could have opened it by pulling the slide. You don't need a key to close the door.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:15:29 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
The knob is for pulling the door behind you, it does not turn, it has no other function.  The McCanns never claimed nor denied that the double locking mechanism was ever engaged.  If the door wasn't locked with the key from the inside any small child could have opened it by pulling the slide. You don't need a key to close the door.

Precisely.

It is more than likely Madeleine was able to get out of the apartment without any difficulty.

Offline barrier

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2017, 08:50:48 PM »
Precisely.

It is more than likely Madeleine was able to get out of the apartment without any difficulty.

So I'll try again with a different tack,why is that scenario the least investigated one wonders?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

stephen25000

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2017, 08:52:47 PM »
So I'll try again with a different tack,why is that scenario the least investigated one wonders?

Possibly because the McCann's would be held responsible.

IMO of course.

Offline barrier

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2017, 08:58:35 PM »
Take that a step further,no key is needed to shut the door,window alleged to be open,gust of wind slams bedroom door,possibly the front door as well?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2017, 09:13:13 PM »
Precisely.

The narrative which has been constantly pushed is that Maddie couldn't have got out on her own but those of us who can think outside of the box know that to be false.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2017, 09:15:37 PM »
Take that a step further,no key is needed to shut the door,window alleged to be open,gust of wind slams bedroom door,possibly the front door as well?
I've never heard a mention of an open front door.

Plus, the children's window and the front door are on the same north face of 5A, so wind coming in one should have also been coming in the other.  Plus, this wind surely should have being going to ... where?
What's up, old man?

stephen25000

« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2017, 09:16:02 PM »
The narrative which has been constantly pushed is that Maddie couldn't have got out on her own but those of us who can think outside of the box know that to be false.

Indeed Angelo.

Those people who push that narrative, also know if Madeleine did get out of the apartment, then the McCann's hold responsibility.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2017, 09:19:53 PM »

That's right and leave Maddie locked outside.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2017, 09:21:59 PM »

you should understand that others are perfectly capable of thinking outside the box

Offline barrier

« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2017, 09:23:15 PM »

Plus, the children's window and the front door are on the same north face of 5A, so wind coming in one should have also been coming in the other.  Plus, this wind surely should have being going to ... where?

Least path of resistance?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2017, 09:26:18 PM »

"They were all sound asleep, windows shut, shutters shut," said Trish Cameron, Madeleine's aunt. "Kate went back at 10pm to check, the front door was lying open, the window had been tampered with, the shutters had been jammied open, and Madeleine was missing."
Trish Cameron, Timesonline 6/5/07
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2017, 09:49:01 PM »

you dont seem to have understood the narrative....for those of us that do understand the narrative it is unlikely that maddie left the apartment herself...but certainly possible
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:05:51 PM by davel »