Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 93554 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2022, 04:16:31 PM »
I do have to say that no longer being a Moderator is way much more interesting.  Life after Death as it were.  I have just rejoined The Human Race.

Mind you, I have learned a thing or two.  And this is never a bad idea.

Welcome to the dark side.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2022, 04:29:39 PM »
Welcome to the dark side.

No thanks.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2022, 04:39:20 PM »
The post did not refer to any one specific perchance .
It referred to everyone who had posted on the thread that didn’t agree with G-Unit.  She removed the offensive phrases but no points were issued.  I can only therefore assume it’s ok to refer to a collection of McCann sceptics as a gibbering bunch of pricks -  I just wanted clarity on the issue before I deployed said or similar insult.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 05:26:20 PM by Swertigo Virl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2022, 06:37:27 PM »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #364 on: March 28, 2022, 06:39:25 PM »
It referred to everyone who had posted on the thread that didn’t agree with G-Unit.  She removed the offensive phrases but no points were issued.  I can only therefore assume it’s ok to refer to a collection of McCann sceptics as a gibbering bunch of pricks -  I just wanted clarity on the issue before I deployed said or similar insult.

Why thank you mam, like being savaged by a dead sheep.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #365 on: March 28, 2022, 06:48:00 PM »
Too late .

It's still daylight here at 8pm.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2022, 07:43:52 PM »
Why thank you mam, like being savaged by a dead sheep.
it was the General’s insult, I’m sure he’d be disappointed with your assessment.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2022, 08:07:12 PM »
it was the General’s insult, I’m sure he’d be disappointed with your assessment.

Oscar Wilde: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #368 on: March 28, 2022, 09:27:38 PM »
Oscar Wilde: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness
Dial-a-cliche?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2022, 08:39:04 AM »
If a moderator sees wa post on the forum which is clearly both abusive and insulting should they automatically delete it and apply a warning to the author, or let it stand if they agree with the sentiment, despite said post being reported numerous times?

“Shut up, there's only 6 of us here, nobody gives a shit except you and maybe 2 other plebs and that's only because you keep getting well and truly owned.
Wind it in and get on topic yourself.”

Is this post within forum rules?  G-Unit clearly thinks so as she has been made aware of it and it remains on the forum at this time of writing.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #370 on: April 14, 2022, 09:21:57 AM »
If a moderator sees wa post on the forum which is clearly both abusive and insulting should they automatically delete it and apply a warning to the author, or let it stand if they agree with the sentiment, despite said post being reported numerous times?

“Shut up, there's only 6 of us here, nobody gives a shit except you and maybe 2 other plebs and that's only because you keep getting well and truly owned.
Wind it in and get on topic yourself.”

Is this post within forum rules?  G-Unit clearly thinks so as she has been made aware of it and it remains on the forum at this time of writing.

This issue has been moved up the chain of command, so I suggest you wait for the result. Well done on posting on the correct thread, however.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #371 on: April 14, 2022, 12:19:43 PM »
This issue has been moved up the chain of command, so I suggest you wait for the result. Well done on posting on the correct thread, however.

Why does it need to go up the chain of command? The obvious slur has since been repeated in another post which has also not been removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #372 on: April 14, 2022, 12:35:53 PM »
Why does it need to go up the chain of command? The obvious slur has since been repeated in another post which has also not been removed.
G-Unit obviously feels it is not abusive to call McCann supporters "plebs".

Offline misty

« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2022, 12:53:51 PM »

For me, it's not so much about the word "plebs", rather the content of the post as a whole. There is no reason for it not to have been deleted and then referred to a higher authority imo. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #374 on: April 14, 2022, 12:58:04 PM »

Is there an accepted meaning of the word?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0