Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 92436 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2021, 05:34:39 PM »
The irony is that his supporters did give it all away for free 😂😂

Ah Yes.  I had forgotten that.  Loads a people got it for Christmas.  But somedebody had to pay for it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2021, 05:50:56 PM »
So it seems that like beauty being in the eye of the beholder being awarded points for libel depends on whether or not the moderator is aware of what the truth of the matter actually is.

Not a lot to be done about that I'm afraid as we are all only human and can't know it all ;(

Hope this goes some way to resolving your query, VS.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2021, 08:57:21 PM »
Another storm in a teacup in my opinion.

Amaral said;

"I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely" Page 3, The Truth of the Lie.

and I have given a cite where his words can be found and read by anyone who wants to.

If someone accuses him of lying by saying that his real motive was to cash in on Madeleine McCanns disappearance then a cite to support that statement is needed. If a cite can't be provided then Amaral is being libelled because he's being called a liar without any evidence that he did lie.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2021, 11:12:40 PM »
Another storm in a teacup in my opinion.

Amaral said;

"I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely" Page 3, The Truth of the Lie.

and I have given a cite where his words can be found and read by anyone who wants to.

If someone accuses him of lying by saying that his real motive was to cash in on Madeleine McCanns disappearance then a cite to support that statement is needed. If a cite can't be provided then Amaral is being libelled because he's being called a liar without any evidence that he did lie.
I did not call him a liar.  I suggested an additional motive, a financial one, which is clearly evidenced by the publishing deal he negotiated and the book he wrote which went on sale throughout Portugal on Day One of its publication.  And for this I am accused of lying and given a warning.  You may call this a storm in a teacup, I call it shining a light on double standards and hypocrisy, especially as you are on record liking a post which claims Amaral solved the case in 2007.  No “IMo” but stated as a fact.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2021, 09:45:02 AM »
I did not call him a liar.  I suggested an additional motive, a financial one, which is clearly evidenced by the publishing deal he negotiated and the book he wrote which went on sale throughout Portugal on Day One of its publication.  And for this I am accused of lying and given a warning.  You may call this a storm in a teacup, I call it shining a light on double standards and hypocrisy, especially as you are on record liking a post which claims Amaral solved the case in 2007.  No “IMo” but stated as a fact.

You didn't 'suggest' that Amaral lied about his motive for writing his book, you stated it as a fact. A fact you cannot prove. Accusing someone of lying without proof is libellous. Posting opinion as fact is against forum rules.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2021, 09:50:10 AM »
You didn't 'suggest' that Amaral lied about his motive for writing his book, you stated it as a fact. A fact you cannot prove. Accusing someone of lying without proof is libellous. Posting opinion as fact is against forum rules.

As Spammy often does.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #351 on: February 12, 2021, 10:12:23 AM »
As Spammy often does.

And for which he gets sanctioned, as should everyone who does the same.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #352 on: February 12, 2021, 10:27:40 AM »
Except you didn't, you "liked" his post instead, thus giving him the green light and encouragement to post more crap.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2021, 10:28:42 AM »
Where did I write Amaral lied?  You are libelling ME by stating I wrote something which I never did.  Kindly desist from this outrageous slur!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2021, 10:44:15 AM »

But not by you.  Instead, you Liked The Comment.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2021, 07:03:15 PM »

Can I get a moderator's explanation for why the first post I made in discussion today was deleted?
(my response to concerns raised in post #307, Topic 'My Search for Madeleine by Jon Clarke'

Thankyou kindly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:08:23 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #356 on: March 28, 2022, 12:56:14 PM »
Can a moderator please explain why someone can call other members of the forum “gibbering pricks” and not receive a warning for doing so? 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #357 on: March 28, 2022, 01:14:03 PM »
Can a moderator please explain why someone can call other members of the forum “gibbering pricks” and not receive a warning for doing so?

Don't ask me.

Offline barrier

« Reply #358 on: March 28, 2022, 03:42:58 PM »

The post did not refer to any one specific perchance .
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #359 on: March 28, 2022, 04:05:55 PM »
I do have to say that no longer being a Moderator is way much more interesting.  Life after Death as it were.  I have just rejoined The Human Race.

Mind you, I have learned a thing or two.  And this is never a bad idea.