Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 135020 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2018, 02:37:27 PM »
If you watch the beginning of that video you will see that Brenda answered NO three times when asked for an interview but Brunt pushed it.  Despicable man.
brunt ran away from the world media for  weeks afterwoods    too  didnt he??

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »
brunt ran away from the world media for  weeks afterwoods    too  didnt he??

Yes, like the dossier complilers, he couldn't handle the  negative 'media' en masse. poor wee love
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2018, 02:58:16 PM »
I think that's utterly ridiculous for the reason I have given above. 

Also, if the McCanns can be criticised by the media, why can't an unmasked internet troll?

Because the former by their own actions courted the media whereas BL didn't.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 04:23:51 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
I believe Brunt went after Brenda because he had been conversing with her on twitter,  she give her real name away.    Brenda's tweets were among those others who had been stalking and threatening the McCann's.

Credible threats were made,   they threatened to kidnap the twins,  to kidnap the McCann's and beat the truth out of them among other threats.   

IMO the police didn't procecute because BL committed suicide.    Suddenly they deleted their tweets and stopped the threats.   Now though things are starting to go back to how it was.

Again Lace I will ask. How do you know that Brunt started conversing with BL before Sky received the dossier ?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 04:26:03 PM by Angelo222 »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2018, 03:22:51 PM »

Somehow these threats are deemed to be acceptable in the name of free speech and because these threats are on social media and not voiced in the street.
Strange!

BL didn’t threaten the McCanns so on this thread your point is moot. However if the McCanns were being threatened by others why didn’t the supporters pass on that information to the McCanns or their representatives? Surely if the complaint came from those threatened it would have to be looked at more closely by any police force it was reported to ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2018, 03:33:29 PM »
Again Lace I will ask. How do you know that Brunt started conversing with BL before Sky received the dossier ?

The dossier was sent to Sky News before Brunt started following Brenda on twitter.

Before her encounter with Brunt, Leyland was a keen Sky News viewer. On 29 September, five days before she died, Leyland tweeted that Brunt had started following her on Twitter. This was the day she stopped tweeting and appears to also have been when the @Sweepyface account was deleted.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-10/6/10/enhanced/webdr04/longform-original-7415-1412605501-3.jpg?downsize=1200:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 04:28:05 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »

Somehow these threats are deemed to be acceptable in the name of free speech and because these threats are on social media and not voiced in the street.
Strange!

They weren't credible threats. The people who compiled the dossier had the opinion that they might be, the police didn't agree. The law says a threat has to have a reasonable chance of being carried out to be prosecutable.

If you don't agree then your standard would also be applied to Kate McCann who said Amaral "deserves to be miserable and feel fear'"   ..... its an opinion.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2018, 03:42:41 PM »
I thought it was just Portuguese law which people had trouble understanding. It seems some find English law equally mystifying.

Fortunately I have no familiarity with English law.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2018, 03:44:50 PM »
Because the former by their own actions courted the media whereas BL didn't.
So only people who “court the media” should be allowed to be criticised by the media?  Again, what utter nonsense IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2018, 03:47:23 PM »
They weren't credible threats. The people who compiled the dossier had the opinion that they might be, the police didn't agree. The law says a threat has to have a reasonable chance of being carried out to be prosecutable.

If you don't agree then your standard would also be applied to Kate McCann who said Amaral "deserves to be miserable and feel fear'"   ..... its an opinion.

And you can guarantee that the threats made this week are not credible?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2018, 03:55:49 PM »
Exactly what is it all you angry Brenda supporters want?  For people to not be allowed to contact the media with their concerns about online threats and abuse?  For the media not to be allowed to report on individuals who have been unmasked as internet trolls or online abusers?  What?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2018, 03:56:29 PM »
Before her encounter with Brunt, Leyland was a keen Sky News viewer. On 29 September, five days before she died, Leyland tweeted that Brunt had started following her on Twitter. This was the day she stopped tweeting and appears to also have been when the @Sweepyface account was deleted.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-10/6/10/enhanced/webdr04/longform-original-7415-1412605501-3.jpg?downsize=1200:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

The point being did Brunt start following BL before the dossier was presented to Sky. Lace seems to be of the opinion that it was before.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 04:29:58 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »
Exactly what is it all you angry Brenda supporters want?  For people to not be allowed to contact the media with their concerns about online threats and abuse?  For the media not to be allowed to report on individuals who have been unmasked as internet trolls or online abusers?  What?

Personally I want reports of threats and abuse passed on to the police dealt with by the police. What is so bizarre about that ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2018, 04:02:13 PM »
Personally I want reports of threats and abuse passed on to the police dealt with by the police. What is so bizarre about that ?
I believe that is what happened in this case too, but you have failed to answer my question (no surprise there of course!)

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2018, 04:04:42 PM »
Did any of Brend’s supporters think to report the dossier compilers and Sky News to the police for “causing the death” of a pensioner?  If so what was the response?  If not, why not?