Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 135064 times)

Offline John

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #345 on: August 22, 2018, 09:29:23 AM »
Posters are reminded that this is a discussion forum with rules. Comments should be constructive and polite at all times.  Goading, snide remarks and abuse will not be tolerated. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #346 on: August 22, 2018, 09:32:24 AM »
There are procedures for dealing with online abuse and doorstepping vulnerable pensioners isn't one of them.

The procedures don't seem to be working so it's, reasonable to go to the press ti change things
We could say that Brenda should have left it to the police Re the McCann's rather than get involved with an online campaign  directed at them...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #347 on: August 22, 2018, 09:34:53 AM »
Is that agreement of the timeline or an attempt to suggest it is incorrect?

Please note the link underneath my post which is missing from yours
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #348 on: August 22, 2018, 09:44:25 AM »
Please note the link underneath my post which is missing from yours

Can you be a little less mysterious and let me know what your point is?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2018, 09:45:59 AM »
I think it's important  to remember that as regards the dossier Brenda, was not the victim.. She was one of the perpetrators... The McCann's were the victims

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »
I think it's important  to remember that as regards the dossier Brenda, was not the victim.. She was one of the perpetrators... The McCann's were the victims

In the same way Madeleine was the victim...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #351 on: August 22, 2018, 09:51:05 AM »
In the same way Madeleine was the victim...

Of course Madeleine was a victim... And so are her family.. Imo

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #352 on: August 22, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »
Of course Madeleine was s victim... And so are her family.. Imo

And so was Brenda Leyland.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #353 on: August 22, 2018, 09:52:11 AM »
And so was Brenda Leyland.

Victim of what

Offline John

« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2018, 09:52:36 AM »

Actually they weren't 'victims', they were targets as was BL.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #355 on: August 22, 2018, 09:54:47 AM »
Of course Madeleine was a victim... And so are her family.. Imo

That is yet to be determined by the Portuguese investigation. Nobody yet knows what happened to Madeleine, who was involved and who was behind what later took place.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #356 on: August 22, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »
Actually they weren't 'victims', they were targets as was BL.

I don't think it's unreasonable to refer to them as victims... There seems to be a concerted effort to sanitise Brendas actions...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #357 on: August 22, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »
That is yet to be determined by the Portuguese investigation. Nobody yet knows what happened to Madeleine, who was involved and who was behind what later took place.

That's, why I have to put imo but IMO it's almost certain Maddie was the victim of an abductor... Most likely from inside the apartment ..

Offline Brietta

« Reply #358 on: August 22, 2018, 10:02:00 AM »

Misuse of the internet is becoming more and more of a major problem with the abuse rate being numbered in thousands ... it is recognised in parliament and is the subject of many reports and academic studies.

It is ironic that the plight of victims many of whom are teenagers who feel driven to kill themselves as a result is superseded by the mess a perpetrator found herself in as a direct result of her obsession with Madeleine's parents.

Brenda Leyland was not a case of mistaken identity ... she did use the internet almost solely to excoriate the McCann family with thousands of posts over a long period.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #359 on: August 22, 2018, 10:07:28 AM »
Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  Looking at the timeline she made that rather difficult to achieve.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.