Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 135064 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #360 on: August 22, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »
Misuse of the internet is becoming more and more of a major problem with the abuse rate being numbered in thousands ... it is recognised in parliament and is the subject of many reports and academic studies.

It is ironic that the plight of victims many of whom are teenagers who feel driven to kill themselves as a result is superseded by the mess a perpetrator found herself in as a direct result of her obsession with Madeleine's parents.

Brenda Leyland was not a case of mistaken identity ... she did use the internet almost solely to excoriate the McCann family with thousands of posts over a long period.

So you think she shouldn’t have been allowed to severely criticise the McCanns?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #361 on: August 22, 2018, 10:08:58 AM »
That is yet to be determined by the Portuguese investigation. Nobody yet knows what happened to Madeleine, who was involved and who was behind what later took place.

The PJ have said the McCann's, are not suspects... Rowley has said maddie was abducted... Sutton said the McCanns are not being investigated... Could it be any clearer
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:13:11 AM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #362 on: August 22, 2018, 10:11:12 AM »
Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  Looking at the timeline she made that rather difficult to achieve.
Do you have a cite for the timeline?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #363 on: August 22, 2018, 10:12:07 AM »
The PJ have said the McCann's, are not suspects... Rowley has said madduecwas abducted... Suttin said the McCann's are not being investigated... Could ut be any clearer

lol yes if you stop the cryptic in your post.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #364 on: August 22, 2018, 10:12:21 AM »
So you think she shouldn’t have been allowed to severely criticise the McCanns?

she was doing a lot more than that  imo...she was part of a campaign spreading hatred towards the mccanns .......a word she used herself...up to 50 tweets a day

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #365 on: August 22, 2018, 10:14:56 AM »

It was in the link you posted.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #366 on: August 22, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
she was doing a lot more than that  imo...she was part of a campaign spreading hatred towards the mccanns .......a word she used herself...up to 50 tweets a day

In response to now deleted tweets.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #367 on: August 22, 2018, 10:18:32 AM »
In response the now deleted tweets.

I can't understand how anyone can support her awful behaviour... She was, ashamed of it herself it seems

Offline Brietta

« Reply #368 on: August 22, 2018, 10:19:06 AM »
It was in the link you posted.
So the one you posted ~ minus a cite ~ is false?  Have you amended it in line with forum policy or have you allowed misinformation to stand?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #369 on: August 22, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »
It was posted on the forum.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #370 on: August 22, 2018, 10:21:16 AM »
So the one you posted ~ minus a cite ~ is false?  Have you amended it in line with forum policy or have you allowed misinformation to stand?

Please point out where it is false.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #371 on: August 22, 2018, 10:24:23 AM »
It was posted on the forum.
I knew that Robitty ... but if you used the post I think you may have for reference, I believe the information it contained was wrong.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #372 on: August 22, 2018, 10:24:53 AM »
Misuse of the internet is becoming more and more of a major problem with the abuse rate being numbered in thousands ... it is recognised in parliament and is the subject of many reports and academic studies.

It is ironic that the plight of victims many of whom are teenagers who feel driven to kill themselves as a result is superseded by the mess a perpetrator found herself in as a direct result of her obsession with Madeleine's parents.

Brenda Leyland was not a case of mistaken identity ... she did use the internet almost solely to excoriate the McCann family with thousands of posts over a long period.

Her obsession with Madeleine’s parents ? From the Guardian

‘The inquest heard between November 2013 and September 2014, using the Twitter ID @sweepyface, she had tweeted or retweeted 2,210 posts, of which 424 mentioned the McCanns. Her tweets did not constitute a criminal offence, the inquest heard.’

So less than a quarter of her tweets mentioned the McCanns. To date you have chalked up over 13,000 posts, a great many more than a quarter mentioning the McCanns I’d warrant, so it would appear you have a bit of an obsession yourself. Just because your posts are supportive of the McCanns doesn’t make your behaviour any less obsessive.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #373 on: August 22, 2018, 10:25:24 AM »
I knew that Robitty ... but if you used the post I think you may have for reference, I believe the information it contained was wrong.

Again, please point out where it is wrong.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #374 on: August 22, 2018, 10:25:46 AM »
this thread isnt about the mcanns it is about brenda  it is not about their  innocence  or lack of innocence  brenda was treated badly by sky news and some supporters and thats IMHO