Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 136985 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #900 on: August 30, 2018, 02:53:26 PM »
I never thought you would have been that critical of the dossier compilers.

mcann  supporters dont have any empathy  for anyone but the mcanns they could  care less  about brenda you know it i know it they know  it   if it had not gone  wrong they wouldnt of  given  brenda anymore thought   as long as the mcanns  were protected   all IMO  the mcanns  dont  even care about    anybody online or so  supporters  say
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:02:54 PM by carlymichelle »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #901 on: August 30, 2018, 02:54:02 PM »
I'm not talking about anyone on this forum. I'm talking about people who seemed to want others to be exposed to public scrutiny but weren't prepared to expose themselves.
So you think police should not act on anonymous tip offs... Everything here is opinion... Sceptics support brenda.... Supporters, support the dossier...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:18:30 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #902 on: August 30, 2018, 02:56:54 PM »
However...

Her son Ben Leyland, who lives in America, said her ‘outing’ as @sweepyface left his mother “a broken wreck”.

He added: "She was completely destroyed by what had occurred. It was the final straw that pushed my mum to do what she did."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-sky-news-journalist-5371486

That to me implies blame?

Final straw confirms there were other factors at play

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #903 on: August 30, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »
However...

Her son Ben Leyland, who lives in America, said her ‘outing’ as @sweepyface left his mother “a broken wreck”.

He added: "She was completely destroyed by what had occurred. It was the final straw that pushed my mum to do what she did."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-sky-news-journalist-5371486

That to me implies blame?

to me too brunt  etc  the dossier  put her ove rthe edge brunt and the dossier  people are to blame for that imho

Offline Sunny

« Reply #904 on: August 30, 2018, 03:05:08 PM »
So you think police should not act on anonymous tip offs... Everything here is opinion... Sceptics support brenda.... Supporters, support the dossier...

I am sure that would at least be against forum rules. Why does it matter who anyone is.

Why did it matter who Brenda was in real life, she clearly was no threat to the McCanns yet Brunt collared her outside her house and the media attacked her like baying hounds.   

Because of the dossier people and Brunt etc's actions Brenda is dead. Unless one of the supporters can show that she would have taken her life anyway, without having her life ruined by them.   Regardless of what you think about her tweets she did not deserve that but at least one poster on here appear to think that dossier mark 2 is worth thinking about.  Then another death may be (at least partially) on their hands IMO.

Why did the McCanns not speak out on her behalf as surely this was exactly what their Hacked off campaign was all about.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:19:43 AM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #905 on: August 30, 2018, 03:21:43 PM »

It is fatuous to assume it can be so simply delineated.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:21:34 AM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Erngath

« Reply #906 on: August 30, 2018, 03:30:27 PM »
mcann  supporters dont have any empathy  for anyone but the mcanns they could  care less  about brenda you know it i know it they know  it   if it had not gone  wrong they wouldnt of  given  brenda anymore thought   as long as the mcanns  were protected   all IMO  the mcanns  dont  even care about    anybody online or so  supporters  say

Once again you post the same untruths.
No matter how often I and others tell you that we do have empathy for others as well as the McCanns, you continue to trot out the same line over and over.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #907 on: August 30, 2018, 03:34:22 PM »
It is fatuous to asume it can be so simply delineated.
That makes me smile...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:22:11 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #908 on: August 30, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »
I think it's a major problem of anonymous  social media comments, that posters make posts that they would not make to a persons face... That's exactly what happened  to Brenda... As I posted previously posters need to be more responsible... I would be happy to repeat any criticism I have made here to the person concerned

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #909 on: August 30, 2018, 05:46:42 PM »
Either the dossier compilers were doing a good thing, as claimed, in which case it shouldn’t be an issue to be associated with it, or they were doing a bad thing.
If I admitted to being one of the dossier compilers what sort of reaction could I expect from Brend’s supporters on here?  How about if I gave you my full name and contact details, could you guarantee I would be safe from harrassment and abuse?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #910 on: August 30, 2018, 05:47:49 PM »
I would love to see a definition of a 'decent' person. I see it as related to 'respectable'. In my opinion many people have been seen as decent and respectable..............until they were found out.
Exactly like Brenda.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #911 on: August 30, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »
I agree. The internet has given everyone the opportunity to express their opinions. We all read opinions we disagree with or which we find offensive. That doesn't give us the right to take action against those who have offended us. Posting anonymously and offending others isn't illegal.
You cannot be serious.  I don’t have the right to take action against those who have offended me?!  Of course I have that right!

Offline jassi

« Reply #912 on: August 30, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »
What sort of action would you have in mind ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #913 on: August 30, 2018, 05:54:45 PM »
I attach much blame to them just as I do Sky News, Jonathan Levy and Martin Brunt. In my opinion the coroner was wrong not to attach blame to what occurred. The statement by Brenda's son said it all imo.
What nonsense.  You’ll be calling for it to be made illegal for people to contact the media with their concerns about possible criminal behaviour next.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #914 on: August 30, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
I'm not talking about anyone on this forum. I'm talking about people who seemed to want others to be exposed to public scrutiny but weren't prepared to expose themselves.
What’s wrong with that?