Author Topic: Social Workers under fire over Mikaeel Kular case  (Read 16815 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: Social Workers under fire over Mikaeel Kular case
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 12:26:32 AM »
Yes, the father of the first three kids lives in Edinburgh.

So, maybe it was his request for her to bring the kids closer to him.

Mikaeel's twin is a little girl, not a boy.

Yes, that's right, I wrote it wrong. So sad for a person to lose a twin - must be a terrible thing in circumstances like this. Who knows what that poor child is going through, and will go through later in life when she begins to understand more about what actually happened. At least she is too young to understand details now, though she is probably in a lot of pain. Poor little thing.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 01:21:52 PM »
This is not RK's father. It is her step father. Her own father died at age of 43 when RK was a teenager.
Her mother remarried twice after that and this is her third husband.

Invariably, losing a parent can have a profound effect on a young impressionable teenager.  We will never know but that in itself could have sent her into a downward spiral.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 01:32:05 PM »
Invariably, losing a parent can have a profound effect on a young impressionable teenager.  We will never know but that in itself could have sent her into a downward spiral.

I inadvertently lost my mother when I was seven.  But I can't say I ever had any desire to harm any of my children.  Quite the opposite in fact.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 01:34:53 PM »
I inadvertently lost my mother when I was seven.  But I can't say I ever had any desire to harm any of my children.  Quite the opposite in fact.

its amazing how much sympathy is being shown to someone who has been charged with murdering their child compared to parents who have never even been arrested

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 01:55:58 PM »
its amazing how much sympathy is being shown to someone who has been charged with murdering their child compared to parents who have never even been arrested

It is beyond me, Davel.  Although at the moment I can only feel sorry for the terrible place she must be in.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »
We actually don't know if Rosdeep Kular harmed her child.

She hasn't been convicted.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 04:49:29 PM »

I haven't condemned her ...

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »
I haven't condemned her ...

I think I might have done.  But then I don't understand.  Why the need to hurt in the first place?

Offline John

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 04:51:10 AM »

...seems the neighbours have no doubt and in fact announced this even before the court appearance.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:55:30 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 07:57:14 AM »
...seems the neighbours have no doubt and in fact announced this even before the court appearance.

Which neighbours?

The ones who said there was a hooded individual seen running away and they have also seen an argument on the stairs.
And that the strange appearing person rang their buzzer the Wednesday night.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, 11:23:28 PM »

Announced what, John?  They knew that she was abusing this child, and did nothing about it?

I really don't think I can cope with another case of Lessons to be Learned.

Offline robo

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2014, 07:38:26 PM »
You can't blame the social workers when someone up-sticks and moves without registering elsewhere.  Seems strange to have moved away from her family support network in Kirkcaldy, maybe she moved to Edinburgh to get more work.
These are exactly my feelings also.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2014, 08:17:31 PM »
These are exactly my feelings also.

Maybe she moved because she didn't want her family to know what she was doing to that chid.