Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1352923 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #900 on: January 04, 2014, 09:46:08 PM »
back on topic....Looks like the pj wont play ball according to the latest daily mail article

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #901 on: January 04, 2014, 09:54:57 PM »
What you write is totally spot on.  I saw it for myself when in Spain.  The Russian Mafia controlled just about every bit of serious crime at that time and the authorities were almost powerless to stop it.  It was well known at the time that every prison along the road from Russia to Iberia was full of Russian criminals and probably still is.  It was the same with the Poles and the Romanians but to a lesser extent as they tended to be the petty criminals with many bringing their own sisters down to Spain to work as prostitutes on the pretence that they were being educated.  Charming people!

Yes but why would Russian etc Mafia want Madeleine. No reasons for it. They have many of their own blond girls they can even buy from parents!
It would be only in a case she witnessed something.. like a resort worker she knew doing something.. the others she doesn't know have no reason to take her.. unless their appearance is very noticable and recognisable... like they have big ears, no teeth, one leg etc

Otherwise, taking her with no prior intention would be with no reason.

Offline jassi

« Reply #902 on: January 04, 2014, 09:58:22 PM »
back on topic....Looks like the pj wont play ball according to the latest daily mail article

Ah but is it true? You can't believe everything you read in the papers.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

« Reply #903 on: January 04, 2014, 10:00:44 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533510/Police-identify-three-prime-suspects-abduction-Madeleine-McCann-following-analysis-mobile-phone-data.html
"Police believe the thieves, including at least one Portuguese man, had already carried out one raid in the resort of Praia da Luz, disturbing a child. That child’s parents, who had been drinking outside the property, rushed inside to find the intruders had fled. During their bungled investigation Portuguese police attached no significance to the break-in, which came a few days before Madeleine disappeared."

Daily Mail writer SW is calling the PJ bunglers. Why does he claim they are bunglers? Because he claims the PJ attached no significance to this interrupted break-in which occured a few days before Madeleine disappeared
"A few days before" eh? Can we take that as reasonably accurate, and not deliberately misrepresented?
Lets see whether it is the PJ, or the Daily Mail's "informed source", who is a bungler.
Few days my foot! Back soon with the true date of that baby-interrupted break-in.....
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:17:08 PM by pegasus »

Lyall

« Reply #904 on: January 04, 2014, 10:01:53 PM »

Maybe Tony Parsons is leading the negotiations >@@(*&)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #905 on: January 04, 2014, 10:02:33 PM »
Yes but why would Russian etc Mafia want Madeleine. No reasons for it. They have many of their own blond girls they can even buy from parents!
It would be only in a case she witnessed something.. like a resort worker she knew doing something.. the others she doesn't know have no reason to take her.. unless their appearance is very noticable and recognisable... like they have big ears, no teeth, one leg etc

Otherwise, taking her with no prior intention would be with no reason.

They have their own blonde girls, but couldn't they be stealing for someone else?

Redblossom

« Reply #906 on: January 04, 2014, 10:05:17 PM »
Maybe Tony Parsons is leading the negotiations >@@(*&)

@)(++(*

or someone like him, shudder

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #907 on: January 04, 2014, 10:05:30 PM »
Ah but is it true? You can't believe everything you read in the papers.

probably much of it isn't...

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #908 on: January 04, 2014, 10:23:26 PM »
They have their own blonde girls, but couldn't they be stealing for someone else?

Yes but that would be planned. This new article claims police is focusing on an unplanned event!
IMO this could happen only if Madeleine knew on of three people they are suspecting.. and could tell she saw this person.. This is what I am pointing out.. Otherwise it makes no sense to take a child along.. What for?
Not all three were child abusers and same time thieves.. this would be a bit unusual!

Redblossom

« Reply #909 on: January 04, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
Yes but that would be planned. This new article claims police is focusing on an unplanned event!
IMO this could happen only if Madeleine knew on of three people they are suspecting.. and could tell she saw this person.. This is what I am pointing out.. Otherwise it makes no sense to take a child along.. What for?
Not all three were child abusers and same time thieves.. this would be a bit unusual!

Not all three were child abusers? You suggesting one was and Maddie could identify them?

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #910 on: January 04, 2014, 10:38:07 PM »

Well the idea is that it's an unplanned event, but that's a bit difficult to believe.

As you say, why would a burglar also steal  - and possibly kill - a child.

I'm not even sure Madeleine recognising a burglar from the complex would be sufficient to motivate someone to remove her. What would make them imagine that a 3-4 year old would be able to give a sufficiently accurate report of persons or events as to incriminate them?  And why would petty thieves saddle themselves with a child, living or dead, to deal with?

More to the point, if a burglary / attempted  burglary was an inside job, then by definition it would have been known who the occupants of 5A were, and that the burglars would be walking into an apartment with sleeping children. Why would they target 5Aif they were concerned about children raising the alarm or reporting events?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #911 on: January 04, 2014, 10:39:48 PM »
Well the idea is that it's an unplanned event, but that's a bit difficult to believe.

As you say, why would a burglar also steal  - and possibly kill - a child.

I'm not even sure Madeleine recognising a burglar from the complex would be sufficient to motivate someone to remove her. What would make them imagine that a 3-4 year old would be able to give a sufficiently accurate report of persons or events as to incriminate them?  And why would petty thieves saddle themselves with a child, living or dead, to deal with?

More to the point, if a burglary / attempted  burglary was an inside job, then by definition it would have been known who the occupants of 5A were, and that the burglars would be walking into an apartment with sleeping children. Why would they target 5Aif they were concerned about children raising the alarm or reporting events?

We don't know what happened...could be an attempt to silence Maddie went too far...we will probably never know

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #912 on: January 04, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
We don't know what happened...could be an attempt to silence Maddie went too far...we will probably never know

Possibly but my question is, why would anyone connected with the Ocean Club attempt to burgle 5A that night, knowing, presumably, that the apartment was occupied and that children slept there in the early evening. Why not pick an apartment where there was no-one around at that time to disturb, such as one occupied by a couple with no children, or who had taken their children to the creche?

Choosing an apartment with sleeping children is making their operation unnecessarily complicated and it doesn't make sense considering other options were available.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:52:49 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Redblossom

« Reply #913 on: January 04, 2014, 10:46:01 PM »
Possibly but my question is, why would anyone connected with the Ocean Club attempt to burgle 5A that night, knowing, presumably, that the apartment was occupied and that children slept there in the early evening. Why not pick an apartment where there was no-one around at that time to disturb, such as one occupied by a couple with no children, or who had taken their children to the creche?

Choosing an apartment with sleeping children is making their operation unnecessaritly complicated and it doesn't make sense considering other options were available.

Good point....and probably lost on lesser brains
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:49:33 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #914 on: January 04, 2014, 10:47:41 PM »
Good point....

yes good point...lets hope SY can get to the bottom of it if Portugal give them a chance