Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599750 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #4155 on: May 10, 2019, 11:01:25 PM »

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4156 on: May 10, 2019, 11:01:37 PM »
Do not know how to respond to that, i wouldn't want to be seen as rude...
Please do Billy

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #4157 on: May 10, 2019, 11:03:19 PM »
What I am saying, if the cctv footage never had a timescale it would never have been shown, so the cctv footage MUST have had a timescale

Do we know whether the CCTV of VT in ASDA was shown in court? I'm wondering why it would have needed to be. It just shows VT buying crisps, beer and rock salt (not the incriminating sort of stuff that Nathan Matthews was shown buying in B &Q). It does not suggest that he killed Joanna; it just shows that he went shopping after dark. What would have been the point of showing it in court? He did not deny going there.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4158 on: May 10, 2019, 11:04:39 PM »
Do we know whether the CCTV of VT in ASDA was shown in court? I'm wondering why it would have needed to be. It just shows VT buying crisps, beer and rock salt (not the incriminating sort of stuff that Nathan Matthews was shown buying in B &Q). It does not suggest that he killed Joanna; it just shows that he went shopping after dark. What would have been the point of showing it in court? He did not deny going there.
Without finding it, yes I’ve read where it was shown to the jury.

Offline [...]

« Reply #4159 on: May 10, 2019, 11:04:43 PM »
Like you have been told time after time - CJ didn't need to be there because Tabak admitted to killing her - ther trial was to determine intention!

Must say, you seem to be a different person these last few days!

I know I have been told time after time... I still don't agree..

Dr Vincent Tabak may have apparently admitted to being responsible for Joanna Yeates death, and intention, isn't good enough, if a person is telling a tale on the stand we were all already aware of...

The law is not good enough... No one should be in prison for an apparent confession, evidence needs to back up said confession...

CJ and Tanaj could and would have contradicted said confession... CJ has already told us himself since the trial that his car did indeed change position...

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4161 on: May 10, 2019, 11:07:40 PM »

I know I have been told time after time... I still don't agree..

Dr Vincent Tabak may have apparently admitted to being responsible for Joanna Yeates death, and intention, isn't good enough, if a person is telling a tale on the stand we were all already aware of...

The law is not good enough... No one should be in prison for an apparent confession, evidence needs to back up said confession...

CJ and Tanaj could and would have contradicted said confession... CJ has already told us himself since the trial that his car did indeed change position...

Well, it doesn't really matter if you agree or not. There was evidence to back it up - his DNA on her cold dead flesh!

Offline [...]

« Reply #4162 on: May 10, 2019, 11:08:29 PM »

We only have the media, or can I be so bold as to say The Telegraph, telling us and showing us this ASDA video.. So seeing as I was not at the trial, i cannot say as fact that it was shown to the jury...

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4163 on: May 10, 2019, 11:09:36 PM »

The court still have to make the jury aware of what took place and the video shows where he was and what he did at a particular time. They calculated that she died prior to his trip to Asda so it provides a timeline.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4164 on: May 10, 2019, 11:09:43 PM »
Do not know how to respond to that, i wouldn't want to be seen as rude...
Defence Counsel: And do you consider that you were fluent in English then? Tabak: Yes.

Offline [...]

« Reply #4165 on: May 10, 2019, 11:09:46 PM »
Without finding it, yes I’ve read where it was shown to the jury.
Where did you read this?? In The media, or at trial?? were you there??

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4166 on: May 10, 2019, 11:10:46 PM »
We only have the media, or can I be so bold as to say The Telegraph, telling us and showing us this ASDA video.. So seeing as I was not at the trial, i cannot say as fact that it was shown to the jury...

The Asda video would have been with the police FIRST!

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4167 on: May 10, 2019, 11:10:57 PM »
Defence Counsel: How did you meet Tanja?
Tabak: We met online from a group called ‘soul -mates’.
he met her on a English site  &%%6

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #4168 on: May 10, 2019, 11:14:04 PM »
Defence Counsel: How did you meet Tanja?
Tabak: We met online from a group called ‘soul -mates’.
he met her on a English site  &%%6

Not really surprising, as he was living in England at the time.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4169 on: May 10, 2019, 11:14:26 PM »
The jury in the trial were shown the footage as prosecution barrister, Nigel Lickley QC began setting out the case against the 33-year-old Dutch engineer, telling them how Tabak continued with his normal routine after allegedly murdering Miss Yeates last December.
The video, released by Avon and Somerset Police, shows Tabak arriving at his local Asda store and walking around the shop before leaving without purchasing anything.
Tabak soon re-entered the supermarket, where he bought beer, crisps and rock salt, with CCTV footage showing him leave with his purchases.
While in the supermarket, at 10.30pm, he sent a text message to his girlfriend telling her what he was doing.
The message read: “How are you. I am at the Asda buying crisis (sic). I am bored cannot wait to pick you up.”

WHOOPS