Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599649 times)

Offline Real justice

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #4620 on: May 29, 2019, 08:28:58 PM »
You want to meet Chris Jefferies RJ? Just come to Clifton Village and you will see him doing his shopping !! Very mundane.

He moved from Canynge Rd after being released and I don't blame the poor soul.
Thanks Nina, I’ve been to Clifton village several times while stopping at Baltic Wharf, walked across the bridge, love the area and use it as a stop over many times.  Did you know they filmed only fools and horses near the wharf?

Would love to chat with him but not be intrusive

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #4621 on: May 29, 2019, 08:35:38 PM »
Ive watched The honour of Christopher Jefferies several times now mrswah, such a honourable man, he wasn’t even bothered about going after the press at first.  One person I would love to meet would be him.

I've watched it more than once, too.

Offline nina

« Reply #4622 on: May 29, 2019, 08:52:19 PM »
The Village is great, or perhaps was, it's full of coffee shops and restaurants now, but still good in my opinion.

My friend and I go for hot chocolate at a place in the Mall and it's while sitting there that Chris Jefferies is often seen walking by. Don't know about talking to him though after what he's been through. He probably wants to forget it all, so we just stick to the usual "hello, nice day" type stuff.

I mean heck what could you say to someone who's been through all that? I know that I'm very tongue tied and couldn't approach the subject.

Yes I did know about Fools and Horses, great programme. They also used to film Casualty sometimes in Clifton and Hotwell before moving to Wales I think it was. Baltic wharf is also a great place so much in the way of food, drink and of course ships!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4623 on: May 29, 2019, 09:01:19 PM »

And even today there is still a lot of horrible stuff about CJ still online. I suppose it can't be deleted?

Yes it can be deleted, problem is, that once it's online, copies can be taken and posted elsewhere. Also if posted from abroad, other countries have different laws - the internet is hard to police.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4624 on: May 29, 2019, 09:05:06 PM »
The Village is great, or perhaps was, it's full of coffee shops and restaurants now, but still good in my opinion.

My friend and I go for hot chocolate at a place in the Mall and it's while sitting there that Chris Jefferies is often seen walking by. Don't know about talking to him though after what he's been through. He probably wants to forget it all, so we just stick to the usual "hello, nice day" type stuff.

I mean heck what could you say to someone who's been through all that? I know that I'm very tongue tied and couldn't approach the subject.

Yes I did know about Fools and Horses, great programme. They also used to film Casualty sometimes in Clifton and Hotwell before moving to Wales I think it was. Baltic wharf is also a great place so much in the way of food, drink and of course ships!
Your so lucky, lovely area and close to some great places.  There was a pub just down the road where they filmed the famous shot in the bar with Trigger and Del  @)(++(*

Yes I think CJ is well best left alone, saying hello and morning must make his day Nina.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4625 on: May 29, 2019, 09:32:02 PM »
Yes it can be deleted, problem is, that once it's online, copies can be taken and posted elsewhere. Also if posted from abroad, other countries have different laws - the internet is hard to police.

Thanks Caroline. It's what I suspected.

Offline [...]

« Reply #4626 on: May 30, 2019, 07:22:53 AM »

What I do not understand, if he wanted to forget all about it, why does he go around giving speeches?
Why did he agree with the making of the Netflix program?

His appearance at the Leveson and the many Tv documentaries he appears in also... And interviews with various news channels..

Far from hiding, he is in plain sight.... Honestly, by now most people wouldn't have a clue who is... If he had not been all over the TV since the event...

The Netflix program firmly plants him in everyones mind....

The changing of his appearance really makes no difference he is all over the internet, Getty have film and images of him, that are not going away anytime soon..

Also 44, Canygne Road, will never be forgotten, the place where it is said the event took place.. Do people really want to live there still? Or rent?

It's a bit ghoulish... When other murders have happened, they pull the building down, maybe they could block the basement up, I suppose both Flats are empty now...

Nina... Did people recognise him before the tragic event?

Did you know him before all of this??

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4627 on: May 30, 2019, 07:30:05 AM »

And even today there is still a lot of horrible stuff about CJ still online. I suppose it can't be deleted?
I think this is the area of debate that angers posters, we have one person writing such ludicrous claims online re: suggesting that poor Joanna and Tabak or CJ and Tabak could be related, that Tabak had Joanna’s voice on his phone, then hides behind freedom of speech or with a snipe  “I am trying to understand what is so important about Joanna Yeates”. Or then we are plastered with faces from Facebook who have know bearing on the case whatsoever.  If you put the correct searches in online about poor Joanna, you will get links to this website, that’s how the web works, so although we condemn the way CJ was treated by the press, we are allowing this person to write his weird and false accusations to an online audience.  The debate is so much better when it’s factual and evidence, this proved it yesterday, I don’t mind opinions, BUT not when the opinion is absolute TOSH and done on purpose. 

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4628 on: May 30, 2019, 07:39:31 AM »

What I do not understand, if he wanted to forget all about it, why does he go around giving speeches?
Why did he agree with the making of the Netflix program?

His appearance at the Leveson and the many Tv documentaries he appears in also... And interviews with various news channels..

Far from hiding, he is in plain sight.... Honestly, by now most people wouldn't have a clue who is... If he had not been all over the TV since the event...

The Netflix program firmly plants him in everyones mind....

The changing of his appearance really makes no difference he is all over the internet, Getty have film and images of him, that are not going away anytime soon..

Also 44, Canygne Road, will never be forgotten, the place where it is said the event took place.. Do people really want to live there still? Or rent?

It's a bit ghoulish... When other murders have happened, they pull the building down, maybe they could block the basement up, I suppose both Flats are empty now...

Nina... Did people recognise him before the tragic event?

Did you know him before all of this??
Typical, everyone feeling sorry for CJ, then you stick the boot in.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4629 on: May 30, 2019, 07:52:02 AM »
I think this is the area of debate that angers posters, we have one person writing such ludicrous claims online re: suggesting that poor Joanna and Tabak or CJ and Tabak could be related, that Tabak had Joanna’s voice on his phone, then hides behind freedom of speech or with a snipe  “I am trying to understand what is so important about Joanna Yeates”. Or then we are plastered with faces from Facebook who have know bearing on the case whatsoever.  If you put the correct searches in online about poor Joanna, you will get links to this website, that’s how the web works, so although we condemn the way CJ was treated by the press, we are allowing this person to write his weird and false accusations to an online audience.  The debate is so much better when it’s factual and evidence, this proved it yesterday, I don’t mind opinions, BUT not when the opinion is absolute TOSH and done on purpose.

I wasn't referring to this forum at all. I am referring to elsewhere on the internet, where the rubbish posted about CJ  at the time he was in custody, still stands. I really don't believe anyone posting here is saying anything libellous re CJ.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4630 on: May 30, 2019, 07:53:44 AM »
Typical, everyone feeling sorry for CJ, then you stick the boot in.

I disagree----I think NB is making valid points here, and not sticking the boot in.

jixy

« Reply #4631 on: May 30, 2019, 07:56:19 AM »
I disagree----I think NB is making valid points here, and not sticking the boot in.

I disagree. NB questions CJ far more than he has ever questioned Tabak and his motives. The respect has only ever been for TABAK!

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4632 on: May 30, 2019, 08:01:40 AM »
I wasn't referring to this forum at all. I am referring to elsewhere on the internet, where the rubbish posted about CJ  at the time he was in custody, still stands. I really don't believe anyone posting here is saying anything libellous re CJ.
How do you know, you know nothing about the law.  Has Boris Johnson mislead the public over Brexit? The Law is changing very much regarding internet usage and the language used, Facebook, WhatsApp all the media sites are having to watch more carefully what is allowed, what if Joanna’s parents want to take NB to task over his mis information about their daughter?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4633 on: May 30, 2019, 08:02:02 AM »
What do you mean mrswah, you’re vacant?@)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Ha!!  I'm never vacant: my brain is usually fully occupied! 

Could one of you "IT experts" tell me how to insert the emojis (I think that's what they're called).  Thanks in advance!

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4634 on: May 30, 2019, 08:02:48 AM »
I never for one minute thought you would agree anyway.  @)(++(*