Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599740 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #4890 on: June 04, 2019, 02:40:01 PM »
I know, I was just winding you up for a reaction ; - )  This is what I was really referring to, beats Ian Dury's horrendous din any day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KPDNWkhnck

As for moderating, I got the job out of the blue originally because I mentioned moderator (as in silencer) more times than anybody else and admin took it that I was begging for promotion!

Oh, and this is Janet Foss with her two wet legs...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet%27s_Foss#/media/File:Janet%27s_Foss_2.jpg

I guess that's as good a reason as any  @)(++(*

Yes good song, didn't realise he was still alive!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4891 on: June 04, 2019, 02:41:29 PM »
Very nice picture of Janet Foss (Jennet) behind the waterfall is a cave that once lived the Queen of the FARIES  @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Looks like they have disappeared back there  @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline APRIL

« Reply #4892 on: June 04, 2019, 02:51:08 PM »
Very nice picture of Janet Foss (Jennet) behind the waterfall is a cave that once lived the Queen of the FARIES  @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Ooh! "Ill met by moonlight, proud Titania" &^^&* &^^&*

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #4893 on: June 04, 2019, 03:56:09 PM »
I shouldn't be encouraging this off topic stuff, I know, but who is Janet Foss? I've obviously missed out on a lot!!

Offline APRIL

« Reply #4894 on: June 04, 2019, 04:00:11 PM »
I shouldn't be encouraging this off topic stuff, I know, but who is Janet Foss? I've obviously missed out on a lot!!

Myster has provided a link.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4895 on: June 04, 2019, 04:27:34 PM »
Janet Foss is a waterfall near Malham, behind the waterfall,  is a cave where legend has it that this cave was the home of the Fairy Queen Jennet.  Basically it’s a well known tourist attraction and walk in the Dales.

Offline Myster

« Reply #4896 on: June 04, 2019, 04:31:02 PM »
Further to RJ's post...

A Foss is an Old Norse name for a waterfall... https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/foss

and... https://www.malhamdale.com/janetsfoss/
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4897 on: June 04, 2019, 05:16:39 PM »
Awww, thanks everybody!

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4898 on: June 04, 2019, 10:21:56 PM »
One thing I do agree with Tabak, when he squeezed Joanna’s neck to keep her silent, I think that part is true, but he intended for her silence to be forever.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4899 on: June 04, 2019, 10:24:02 PM »
I also read that the UK sent Tabak’s DNA and fingerprints to the USA and Holland to check their systems I suppose?  These being the Countries Tabak visited.

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4900 on: June 05, 2019, 08:47:52 PM »
One of the things I struggle with, Tabak saying he only squeezed Joanna’s throat for 20 seconds?  I know this is Tabak’s version, but it was excepted at the trial, I would have thought to strangle someone much longer time would be needed?  Cutting off oxygen supply and blood supply, I thought the body could last longer?  I only thought being asphyxiated by Carbon Monoxide Or another poison gas would take you that quick?

Offline Myster

« Reply #4901 on: June 06, 2019, 06:31:39 AM »
I also read that the UK sent Tabak’s DNA and fingerprints to the USA and Holland to check their systems I suppose?  These being the Countries Tabak visited.
And copies of his enhanced DNA to police forces throughout Britain, so I believe.

Offline Myster

« Reply #4902 on: June 06, 2019, 06:47:16 AM »
One of the things I struggle with, Tabak saying he only squeezed Joanna’s throat for 20 seconds?  I know this is Tabak’s version, but it was excepted at the trial, I would have thought to strangle someone much longer time would be needed?  Cutting off oxygen supply and blood supply, I thought the body could last longer?  I only thought being asphyxiated by Carbon Monoxide Or another poison gas would take you that quick?
In "Under The Wig", William Clegg QC (or his ghost-writer) stated that some doctors say it's possible to kill quickly by applying pressure to the vagal nerve (sic). I think that should read "vagus".  And also that certain military personnel are trained in just such a technique.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choking_game

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4903 on: June 06, 2019, 06:58:23 AM »
And copies of his enhanced DNA to police forces throughout Britain, so I believe.

I thought the sample was used up in the enhancing process???

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #4904 on: June 06, 2019, 06:59:57 AM »
In "Under The Wig", William Clegg QC (or his ghost-writer) stated that some doctors say it's possible to kill quickly by applying pressure to the vagal nerve (sic). I think that should read "vagus".  And also that certain military personnel are trained in just such a technique.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C

hoking_game

I did read somewhere that Joanna died because her heart stopped.