Author Topic: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.  (Read 220803 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.
« Reply #435 on: May 24, 2019, 02:00:25 PM »
Yes we are because of your steadfast defence of the PJ in this matter and my contention that only an incompetent and / or lazy police force would be so eager to abandon an investigation into the disappearance of a young child as a result of the unsupported confession of the child’s mother.  Where is Gerry in all this?   Not guilty of anything at all if the confession leaves him out of it!

Correct, but so what?

Don't you believe Kate's book, where Gerry would be free if she confessed to body occultation?

Gerry was poorly placed to carry a body to the wheelie bins, because it was not dark when he did his check.  Kate's check was done in the dark.

There was no evidence that would stand up in court of anything worse than accidental death followed by body occultation.

Your flogging a dead horse, IMO.

You've had your say.  I've had mine.  It's time to move on.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #436 on: May 24, 2019, 04:57:12 PM »
Correct, but so what?

Don't you believe Kate's book, where Gerry would be free if she confessed to body occultation?

Gerry was poorly placed to carry a body to the wheelie bins, because it was not dark when he did his check.  Kate's check was done in the dark.

There was no evidence that would stand up in court of anything worse than accidental death followed by body occultation.

Your flogging a dead horse, IMO.

You've had your say.  I've had mine.  It's time to move on.
Yes let’s leave our “guests” to form their own opinions about a judicial system that is happy to wrap things up neatly without having to bust a gut for too long because it’s seemingly too hard to find out what really happened.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #437 on: May 24, 2019, 05:48:26 PM »
Yes let’s leave our “guests” to form their own opinions about a judicial system that is happy to wrap things up neatly without having to bust a gut for too long because it’s seemingly too hard to find out what really happened.

Since you have clearly declined my offer to let it rest, let me respond to your obvious nonsense.

Ben Needham.  Should the police give up or should they continue to throw resources at the case?

Corrie McKeague.  Should they call a halt or should they throw more resources at the case?

Madeleine McCann.  Should the police continue ad infinitum, or should they cease if they ran out of leads?

The scenario reached is simple.  No evidence to prove if Madeleine was abducted or not.  And a relatively easy method of body occultation.  Should Kate confess to body occultation are you seriously suggesting the police should home in on Gerry?

Not even Kate was suggesting that one.

As you are fond of saying - bizarre!
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #438 on: May 24, 2019, 05:55:50 PM »
Since you have clearly declined my offer to let it rest, let me respond to your obvious nonsense.

Ben Needham.  Should the police give up or should they continue to throw resources at the case?

Corrie McKeague.  Should they call a halt or should they throw more resources at the case?

Madeleine McCann.  Should the police continue ad infinitum, or should they cease if they ran out of leads?

The scenario reached is simple.  No evidence to prove if Madeleine was abducted or not.  And a relatively easy method of body occultation.  Should Kate confess to body occultation are you seriously suggesting the police should home in on Gerry?

I thought they had essentially given up -voiced an opinion of what they thought probably happened and then not another peep from them.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #439 on: May 24, 2019, 06:00:12 PM »
Its the real world sadie,There a school of thought that Charlenne Downes body was cut up and served as kebab,its been on Channel 5 over three nights this week,there are wicked people out there.

That has been proven by several people on here over the past years imo

Offline Brietta

« Reply #440 on: May 24, 2019, 06:12:10 PM »
Corrie McKeague.

Maleah Davis.

No evidence in MBM's case that would have stood up in court.

That's why Kate's lawyer was asked to explain that in Portugal body occultation is punishable by 2 years max, which in most instances is suspended.

Voamos em contramão.  We're going round in circles.

Am I the only one who bridles at the sobriquet "MBM"?

Sounds like a product or a slogan rather than a name for a dearly loved child to me and more like an exercise to depersonalise.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #441 on: May 24, 2019, 06:17:34 PM »

Of the cases you mentioned which police force decided to throw in the towel after 4 months?  What I find bizarre is your tolerance for a police force lacking in any desire to get to the truth. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #442 on: May 24, 2019, 06:17:40 PM »

I think the point is that the options have not run out as far as Madeleine's case is concerned vis-à-vis the two active police investigations still underway with the Judicial police assigning more personnel to it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #443 on: May 24, 2019, 06:24:37 PM »

Sounds like a product or a slogan rather than a name for a dearly loved child to me and more like an exercise to depersonalise.

Should I bridle at SIL?

Should VS bridle at VS?

Should Cheeky bridle at CM because it matches up with Clarence M?

But feel free to suggest your umbrage to John.  And please feel free to bridle as you choose.
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #444 on: May 24, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »
Should I bridle at SIL?

Should VS bridle at VS?

But feel free to suggest your umbrage to John.  And please feel free to bridle as you choose.

Most certainly - IMO.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:27:52 PM by Brietta »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #445 on: May 24, 2019, 06:32:47 PM »
Should I bridle at SIL?

Should VS bridle at VS?

Is Shining In Luz your real name?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #446 on: May 24, 2019, 06:40:58 PM »

I have only recently become aware of its use.

is it an innovation?

If so ... why? what is wrong with Madeleine's name that it has been replaced with her initials?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #447 on: May 24, 2019, 06:55:40 PM »

No you are not!
I've noted the frequent use of the initials of her name and did do a post back to a poster who uses those initials.
I agree it's a very depersonalisation way to refer to a child.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 06:57:52 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #448 on: May 24, 2019, 06:58:55 PM »
Is Shining In Luz your real name?

Is Vertigo Swirl your real name, VS?
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #449 on: May 24, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »
Is Vertigo Swirl your real name, VS?
Actually yes it is.  Please don’t disrespect me by referring to me as VS.  It’s Ms Swirl to you if you don’t mind.