Author Topic: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.  (Read 218587 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: News and current affairs from the Portuguese Algarve.
« Reply #450 on: May 24, 2019, 07:03:32 PM »
I have only recently become aware of its use.

is it an innovation?

If so ... why? what is wrong with Madeleine's name that it has been replaced with her initials?

It has been used on this forum for years.  You will quite probably find it dates to before I joined.
What's up, old man?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #451 on: May 24, 2019, 07:04:05 PM »
Is Vertigo Swirl your real name, VS?

Okay.  Cut this argument now.  These names are Internet Pseudonyms.

The child's name is Madeleine, but I have no power to insist that this is used.  Spoil it if you must.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #452 on: May 24, 2019, 07:04:51 PM »
Is Vertigo Swirl your real name, VS?
d

None of us post under our real names.
I've no objection to my user name here being reduced to any shortened version nor do I imagine that any poster would object to being addressed in a reduced manner.
However the name of a missing child should never, ever in my opinion be reduced to initial letters.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #453 on: May 24, 2019, 07:05:24 PM »
Should I bridle at SIL?

Should VS bridle at VS?

Should Cheeky bridle at CM because it matches up with Clarence M?

But feel free to suggest your umbrage to John.  And please feel free to bridle as you choose.

I didn't notice any gut wrenching bridling at the parents who constantly called for people to look for a' little girl' or saying to news reporters 'a little girl' is missing- That really infuriated me. Talk about distancing yourself from the real victim in this whole sorry scenario.

One would argue that MBM is indeed a product, a cash cow for the greedy. As Brietta has opined about how much money everyone has made from A little girls disappearance- in particular Sr Amaral.  we are not allowed to say also the parents because that is different they used that fund for... searching   $6(&

This will get deleted LOL (&^&

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #454 on: May 24, 2019, 07:05:55 PM »
It has been used on this forum for years.  You will quite probably find it dates to before I joined.

Just another opportunity for the 'holier than thou' brigade to claim the high ground.
Not that it matters as MBM is not around to complain about its use.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2019, 07:06:42 PM »

I didn't notice any gut wrenching bridling at the parents who constantly called for people to look for a' little girl' or saying to news reporters 'a little girl' is missing- That really infuriated me. Talk about distancing yourself from the real victim in this whole sorry scenario.

One would argue that MBM is indeed a product, a cash cow for the greedy. As Brietta has opined about how much money everyone has made from A little girls disappearance- in particular Sr Amaral.  we are not allowed to say also the parents because that is different they used that fund for... searching   $6(&

This will get deleted LOL (&^&

I hope not!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #456 on: May 24, 2019, 07:11:54 PM »
Just another opportunity for the 'holier than thou' brigade to claim the high ground.

Can you clarify what you mean by " the holier than thou brigade"?
It's an expression which you frequently use.
Neither is Sara Payne nor Ben Needham or Jamie Bulger but I assume you would refer to those children by just their initials.

« Reply #457 on: May 24, 2019, 07:23:41 PM »

Oh ya just gotta laff...

Getting offended by calling someone by their initials is offensive- but leaving her alone everynight as the main childminder of her baby siblings - to be abducted by a gang of paedophiles to a fate we can't speak of...yeah  I GET the point -Not!

Interesting what MBM would make of her name being used like this- but if you lot want to take offence on her behalf... go to it - knock your self out!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #458 on: May 24, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »
Oh ya just gotta laff...

Getting offended by calling someone by their initials is offensive- but leaving her alone everynight as the main childminder of her baby siblings - to be abducted by a gang of paedophiles to a fate we can't speak of...yeah  I GET the point -Not!

Interesting what MBM would make of her name being used like this- but if you lot want to take offence on her behalf... go to it - knock your self out!

I happen to have 3 parts to my real name.

If I got abducted or worse, and a forum was established re my case, would I find the use of my real TLA offensive?

What nonsense!
What's up, old man?

« Reply #459 on: May 24, 2019, 07:40:34 PM »
I happen to have 3 parts to my real name.

If I got abducted or worse, and a forum was established re my case, would I find the use of my real TLA offensive?

What nonsense!

IF it ever happens I WILL ensure the supporters give you your proper title.  8(>(( I am not a miss (as my forum name says) I am a Married  and My Title is Dr.  oh dear I am truely offended...

I must insist SIL and Jass bow before me when I enter the forum. .. out of shear respect  @)(++(*

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #460 on: May 24, 2019, 09:29:08 PM »
You are not alone.
MTI is sure good at making a diagnosis, or at least a stab in the dark.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #461 on: May 24, 2019, 09:35:29 PM »
MTI is sure good at making a diagnosis, or at least a stab in the dark.

Ya, absolutely.

« Reply #462 on: May 26, 2019, 10:12:13 AM »
John, could you please remove the gaoding posts especially the ones from Mods. Thank you. OR allow me to challenge their motivations,nasty remarks on a thread discussing a missing child,without having my reply deleted.

Many thanks!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #463 on: May 26, 2019, 12:35:14 PM »
John, could you please remove the gaoding posts especially the ones from Mods. Thank you. OR allow me to challenge their motivations,nasty remarks on a thread discussing a missing child,without having my reply deleted.

Many thanks!
What’s up?  Have you heard of PMs?  And I don’t mean Prime Ministers.  Send one to John and he may grant your wish to challenge all the nasty mods on here without having your posts doctored. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #464 on: May 26, 2019, 02:41:43 PM »
Some posts have been unnecessarily aggressive and combative recently which is not conducive to constructive debate. By all means promote opinion and explore theories as long as such are based on facts and accepted understanding.

Finally, please keep posts amicable and informative at all times. TY.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.