Author Topic: Does Cipriano's convictions let Amaral and the PJ off the hook?  (Read 44582 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Does Cipriano's convictions let Amaral and the PJ off the hook?
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2013, 08:00:26 PM »
Dave, can I ask why you think all references to Amaral and Leonor Cipriano are now missing from the Amnesty International Report on torture and other ill-treatment for 2013?

Has there been an oversight?

thers nothing missing will reply later after UC

C.Edwards

« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2013, 08:03:39 PM »
you have supported serendipities version of events in countless posts as everyone has seen. im not going to trawl through all your posts to prove it. how  wise I was to check you out before starting the debate..I will wait and discuss with serendipity..off to watch university challenge now

"countless"?  "check me out"?  "not going to trawl through"? "debate"?

You said, "The amnesty thread, if you understood it showed that the conclusions of both ce and serendipity were we wrong" and I asked you to explain how I was wrong.  You then asked me what my conclusions were.  Can you not see that this is just disruptive and futile?  You're just goading people all the time and then you claim that you're in the right all the time! 

Well you can do one.  I simply cannot be bothered with you any more. You're just arguing for the sake of it and it's dragging this board down now.

Offline John

« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2013, 08:03:51 PM »
thers nothing missing will reply later after UC

Well it isn't there so I fail to see your logic?  8-)(--)

Clearly, Amnesty International are guided by the Courts consequently Leonor's perjury conviction has undermined what little credibility she ever had.  If Amaral hadn't put his name to that dodgy PJ Report he too would have been exonerated.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:08:20 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Redblossom

« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2013, 08:10:07 PM »
Dave, can I ask why you think all references to Amaral and Leonor Cipriano are now missing from the Amnesty International Report on torture and other ill-treatment for 2013?

IIRC Davel posted somethng like, that seeing as the case was concluded with the conviction of x y z people there was no need for Amnesty to feature the case anymore.....so they stopped.....only we know it didnt  stop there, she was convicted to a further x months on prison for lying .....this happened AFTER those convictions...either Amnesty stopped following the case or chose not to print that...I suppose its not their job? Or did they have a responsibility to....?

ETA yes, read post 60........

ETA 2 changed Johns quote as I replied to the wrong one
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:34:35 PM by Redblossom »

Benita

« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
pick on davel night again I see ..

Offline John

« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »
Amnesty International couldn't possibly showcase an alleged case of torture if the person to whom it is supposed to relate has not only been convicted of murder but also of having quite blatantly committed perjury on several occasions at her trial even when cautioned by the judge not to do so. She changed her story so many times it still amazes me how anyone could believe a word she uttered.  The woman is a pathological liar.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:42:03 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »

There's no oversight...The torture case was concluded in 2012 when torture was proved and the guilty punished. from them on it was no concern to amnesty and therefore not reported on in 2013

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2013, 08:36:42 PM »

just to add all the references are there for previous years are still there, nothing has been removed

Redblossom

« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »
There's no oversight...The torture case was concluded in 2012 when torture was proved and the guilty punished. from them on it was no concern to amnesty and therefore not reported on in 2013

Which people guilty of torture were punished, I thought no PJ was found gulty of torture?......or have ai remembered it wrong

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »
Well it isn't there so I fail to see your logic?  8-)(--)

Clearly, Amnesty International are guided by the Courts consequently Leonor's perjury conviction has undermined what little credibility she ever had.  If Amaral hadn't put his name to that dodgy PJ Report he too would have been exonerated.

the Portuguese court still accepts that torture happened...no one has been cleared

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2013, 08:40:21 PM »
pick on davel night again I see ..

don't worry Benita, doesn't bother me in the slightest

Redblossom

« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2013, 08:41:24 PM »
the Portuguese court still accepts that torture happened...no one has been cleared

No ones been been convicted....therefore the accused were cleared by the court, no? And the guilty still to be found....?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:44:09 PM by Redblossom »

Offline John

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2013, 08:43:43 PM »
The three PJ officers were exonerated.

Three officers were cleared of torture but Mr Amaral was found guilty of falsifying documents and given an 18-month suspended sentence.

http://news.sky.com/story/694940/madeleine-cop-gets-suspended-sentence
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:45:30 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2013, 08:44:01 PM »
No ones been been convicted....therefore the accused were cleared by the court, no?

Amaral was convicted and if you look on the Amnesty site for 2012 it will tell you the names of the others..no one has been cleared

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »
The three PJ officers were exonerated.

Three officers were cleared of torture but Mr Amaral was found guilty of falsifying documents and given an 18-month suspended sentence.

http://news.sky.com/story/694940/madeleine-cop-gets-suspended-sentence

Where have you read that
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:46:15 PM by John »