Author Topic: Prince Philip passes away at Windsor Castle.  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Prince Philip passes away at Windsor Castle.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 06:49:30 PM »
#metoo I saw the Smiths twice.  In 1983 and 1985

I was a bit too young to go to gigs then.

Most of my friends hate Moz, so naturally I force them to listen to him in the car anytime they ask for a lift.
I play him & play him until they cave in & agree they actually like some of his songs.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 06:52:26 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 07:08:44 PM »
I was a bit too young to go to gigs then.

Most of my friends hate Moz, so naturally I force them to listen to him in the car anytime they ask for a lift.
I play him & play him until they cave in & agree they actually like some of his songs.
That’s nice of you but I thought you were against torture?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Admin

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2021, 07:12:15 PM »
Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth II's husband, has died aged 99, Buckingham Palace has announced.

Buckingham Palace said: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

"His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11437314

HM the Queen will be feeling increasingly isolated now given the turmoils in the family.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2021, 07:13:50 PM »
HM the Queen will be feeling increasingly isolated now given the turmoils in the family.
Hopefully her children and their families  will give her the support and company she needs at this time, she’s made of strong stuff.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2021, 07:15:23 PM »
Looking back at Prince Philip's incredible charity work

The Duke of Edinburgh was involved in over 750 organisations

Prince Philip did a huge amount of charity work during his long service as Duke of Edinburgh. In fact the Duke was involved in over 750 organisations, serving as a patron, president or member and carried out 22,129 solo engagements.

We're taking a look back at the work he did after Buckingham Palace announced the sad news that The Duke of Edinburgh has died aged 99.

His most famous charity work is undoubtedly the Duke of Edinburgh Award which he himself founded over 60 years ago.

However, his work with other charities and organisations reflects his interests, here’s some of the work carried out by Prince Philip that you may not have known about.

He was interested in environmental conservation

Despite being born in 1921, long before global warming and the environment were main features of the news, the Duke of Edinburgh always took an active interest in environmental issues, acting as patron of the UK branch of world leading conservation group WWF since 1961, when it was established.

Speaking in 1986, he said “You cannot exploit all the natural resources for human use and expect to have a great deal of future.”

His naval career inspired an engineering and design prize

Having served in the Navy during WWII, Prince Philip’s interest in engineering and technology can be attributed to the time he spent on naval ships.

In 2004 he spoke about the importance of engineering in helping Britain out of the post-war dip: “the only way we were going to recover a sort of viability was through engineering"

In recognition of this passion, he launched the Prince Philip Designers Prize in 1959, awarded to engineers and designers whose creations transformed everyday life.

Recipients of the award have included Sir James Dyson, best known for creating the bagless vacuum cleaner, and the architect who designed the Gherkin in London, Lord Foster.

Support for sport

His passion for sports and outdoors activities is also reflected in his charity work. Not only did he found the Duke of Edinburgh award to promote the development of skills and physical activity, he was also president of the International Equestrian Federation.

In this role he oversaw equestrian plans for five Olympic games. His daughter, Princess Anne, and grand-daughter Zara Phillips, share his love of horses, having both competed for the British equestrian team in the Olympic games.

He was also heavily involved in the Sport and Recreation Alliance, an organisation which represents the sport and recreation sector in Government and the media.

https://planetradio.co.uk/free/uk/news/prince-philip-charity-work/

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2021, 07:17:46 PM »
RIP Prince Philip.  Condolences to HM the Queen and family.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 07:11:46 PM »
RIP Prince Philip.  Condolences to HM the Queen and family.

A testimony :
words of a British soldier from Ulster in regard to HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

The litany of abuse and inhumanity I have seen aimed at a man who devoted his life to public service of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth has irked me beyond belief.

He's a racist, you say? At 18-months old, as a young Greek baby of Danish parentage, he was removed from his home and as a refugee was taken to Paris where he was brought up by two alcoholic parents. His mother was sectioned when he was five years old, whilst his father left him to pursue his own love life.

As a young boy he was sent to Germany, then England and finally Scotland for his education, where he was taught by the Jewish refugee, Kurt Hahn. This inspired the young Philip to join the Royal Navy in order to fight Nazism; something his three elder siblings had embraced - all of them married officers of the Third Reich.

A misogynist? In 1952 he renounced all of his own Royal titles and patronage in order to be subservient to the one true love of his life; a woman whom he would be with for 74 years. A man with more royal blood than the woman he married, who chose to give up his name for hers and follow two steps behind her for the remainder of his years. A chap who raised his children whilst his wife worked at at time when that was deemed emasculating.

No compassion? His Uncle, Lord Louis Mountbatten - the fellow who raised him during his teenage years and mentored him beyond, indeed the only 'father figure' he knew - was murdered by the IRA in the Republic of Ireland in 1979. In 2012, he stood and watched as his wife shook hands with the man who masterminded his beloved Uncle's murder - and did so in order to ensure a more peaceful life for the souls of the children of Northern Ireland that they did not suffer the childhood he endured.

He was the patron of 800+ charities, founded the Duke of Edinburgh awards that over 3 million British children have benefited from, and was an architect of the World Wildlife Fund for nature. Abrasive and 'of his time' maybe but by God he was a brilliant, clever, witty man who left an indelible mark on all those he met. He attended over 22,000 public engagements in his working life, all to ensure the embetterment of others.

Requiesce in peace Philip Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg; you truly are one of the finest foreign, refugee imports the country has had the pleasure to home, and one of its greatest Britons though not a drop of her blood ran through your veins.

end

He never claimed to be perfect, laughed at himself and with those who laughed at him. A real mans man! his Gaffs we knew about, but what about the other stuff just coming out now?

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2021, 10:59:18 PM »
Our Royal Family and our Armed Forces delivered an impressive and memorable funeral for Prince Phillip. It was hard to watch the family having to be 'on show' for the public at such a time, but they dealt with it perfectly as always. R.I.P Your Royal Highness.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0