Author Topic: Minnesota police officer accidentally shoots black driver who attempted to flee stopcheck.  (Read 14751 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Why do 13 year old boys become gang members?  Any ideas?

Shit parenting, crime ridden neighbourhoods, poor education, drugs, money bitches n hoe's.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

If he had dropped the gun whist being pursued (rather than running towards & hiding it behind a fence) & immediately raised his hands & had stopped running whilst his back was too the officer & the officer shot him in the back, there'd obviously be very little way to justify that.

But that isn't what happened, & this homicidal cop had reportedly never shot his fire arm during active duty, which is strange considering white cops are hell bent on exterminating all the darkies.
You are introducing a facertious argument that I have never made.  If you want a serious discussion I suggest you drop it, though I suspect you’re not remotely interested in discussing this with me like an adult.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

You are introducing a facertious argument that I have never made.  If you want a serious discussion I suggest you drop it, though I suspect you’re not remotely interested in discussing this with me like an adult.

You started the faeces by stating...

"The cop should have saved himself 19 seconds or exertion and shot him in the back, and then been awarded a medal and commendation.  At least that is what should have happened in The World According To Spam.  Police entiled to kill anyone they see fit to kill, no questions asked, right?"

So don't come at me with your claims I'm being childish in this discussion.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Shit parenting, crime ridden neighbourhoods, poor education, drugs, money bitches n hoe's.
Or to put it another way

Children and young people associated with gangs are in general extremely vulnerable. Children may join gangs for a number of reasons:

For protection from others; gangs, groups or peers
To feel accepted or a sense of belonging
For a sense of identity
For respect
Because siblings, family members or partners are gang members
For excitement
For status amongst peers and others
Because they feel like it’s the ‘norm’
For friends and acceptance
For potential sexual/romantic partners
For financial gain and other rewards
Out of fear, intimidation or threats
As a result of being groomed or recruited by gang leaders

It’s a compex issue that requires a little more nuanced thought and understanding, beyond your ken I’m sure.  Far easier to write off the dead boy as a bad ‘un who deserved everything he got.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

You started the faeces by stating...

"The cop should have saved himself 19 seconds or exertion and shot him in the back, and then been awarded a medal and commendation.  At least that is what should have happened in The World According To Spam.  Police entiled to kill anyone they see fit to kill, no questions asked, right?"

So don't come at me with your claims I'm being childish in this discussion.
I was being 100% serious and sincere, this is the impression you give with your posts, that cops can do no wrong and that gang members all deserve to be executed on the streets without due process.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Or to put it another way

Children and young people associated with gangs are in general extremely vulnerable. Children may join gangs for a number of reasons:

For protection from others; gangs, groups or peers
To feel accepted or a sense of belonging
For a sense of identity
For respect
Because siblings, family members or partners are gang members
For excitement
For status amongst peers and others
Because they feel like it’s the ‘norm’
For friends and acceptance
For potential sexual/romantic partners
For financial gain and other rewards
Out of fear, intimidation or threats
As a result of being groomed or recruited by gang leaders

It’s a compex issue that requires a little more nuanced thought and understanding, beyond your ken I’m sure.  Far easier to write off the dead boy as a bad ‘un who deserved everything he got.

None of that is my problem nor do I give a damn about. The gang member was his parents responsibility & they failed him.

Offline Venturi Swirl

None of that is my problem nor do I give a damn about. The gang member was his parents responsibility & they failed him.
And that’s his fault is it?

Offline Wonderfulspam

I was being 100% serious and sincere, this is the impression you give with your posts, that cops can do no wrong and that gang members all deserve to be executed on the streets without due process.

Yes of course all gang members & black people deserve to be killed by cops, I've made this quite clear through my unwavering support & defence of Derek Chauvin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

And that’s his fault is it?

Well it certainly isn't mine.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Yes of course all gang members & black people deserve to be killed by cops, I've made this quite clear through my unwavering support & defence of Derek Chauvin.
If Chauvin is found not guilty I’ve no doubt you will view it as some sort of victory. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline Wonderfulspam

If Chauvin is found not guilty I’ve no doubt you will view it as some sort of victory.

No, I'd view it as being that one or more members of the jury were not persuaded by the evidence beyond reasonable doubt, & I'd view that with some scepticism myself, given the total objective lack of reason for kneeling on someone's neck for 9 mins whilst they plead for their life, cease breathing & expire.

But there'd be nothing I could do about it anyway, apart from march in the street & burn down tescos.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 06:09:42 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Venturi Swirl

No, I'd view it as being that one or more members of the jury were not persuaded by the evidence beyond reasonable doubt, & I'd view that with some scepticism myself, given the total objective lack of reason for kneeling on someone's neck for 9 mins whilst they plead for their life, cease breathing & expire.

But there'd be nothing I could do about it anyway, apart from march in the street & burn down tescos.
It’s strange IMO that you’re not persuaded by the right wing arguments that Chauvin was just doing his job and that Floyd died of a heart attack / drug overdose, whilst being so fully supportive of trigger happy police men and women but there we go.

Offline Wonderfulspam

It’s strange IMO that you’re not persuaded by the right wing arguments that Chauvin was just doing his job and that Floyd died of a heart attack / drug overdose, whilst being so fully supportive of trigger happy police men and women but there we go.

I don't lump all police shootings/killings together. Some are right, some are wrong.

As with the Tamir Rice case I didn't instantly think "white cop shoots 12 year old boy" is instantly unjustifiable as on the face of it, it may appear.

I viewed the totality of evidence within the official grand jury report & reached the same conclusion they did, impossible to press charges.

Although, apparently, his parents have recently written to the AG asking for a review.

We can discuss other shootings of unarmed blacks to test your theory on my implicit bias if you like, or we could test it on unarmed whites, but they don't tend to get the same media attention, despite occurring in greater numbers.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I don't lump all police shootings/killings together. Some are right, some are wrong.

As with the Tamir Rice case I didn't instantly think "white cop shoots 12 year old boy" is instantly unjustifiable as on the face of it, it may appear.

I viewed the totality of evidence within the official grand jury report & reached the same conclusion they did, impossible to press charges.

Although, apparently, his parents have recently written to the AG asking for a review.

We can discuss other shootings of unarmed blacks to test your theory on my implicit bias if you like, or we could test it on unarmed whites, but they don't tend to get the same media attention, despite occurring in greater numbers.
If you tell me you are completely unbiased along racial lines then I believe you completely, no need to test.  You’ve always struck me as completely fair and unbiased when it comes to people of all race, colour and creed.