Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 170695 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2019, 03:04:17 PM »
In the case of BG the particle was found a year later.

Plenty of time then for hundreds, thousands etc of particles to have dropped off and deposited elsewhere then
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »
As forensic scientist Angela Shaw said in the recent douc the particle found in BG's coat pocket a year later could not link him to the shooting.  She estimates 1 in a 100 people will inadvertently pick up a particle.

Are you familiar with probability fallacies Holly?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #437 on: April 25, 2019, 03:07:53 PM »
What’s the first factor?

Is there a first?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Angelo222

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2019, 03:11:24 PM »
Is there a first?

Another factor is when GSR particles are found.  In the case of BG the particle was found a year later.  As forensic scientist Angela Shaw said in the recent douc the particle found in BG's coat pocket a year later could not link him to the shooting.  She estimates 1 in a 100 people will inadvertently pick up a particle.

You tell me

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2019, 03:14:33 PM »
Another factor is when GSR particles are found.  In the case of BG the particle was found a year later.  As forensic scientist Angela Shaw said in the recent douc the particle found in BG's coat pocket a year later could not link him to the shooting.  She estimates 1 in a 100 people will inadvertently pick up a particle.

How can Angela Shaws probability fallacy not be contaminated by confirmation bias given she knows about the Barry George case evidence?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #441 on: April 25, 2019, 03:16:23 PM »
Plenty of time then for hundreds, thousands etc of particles to have dropped off and deposited elsewhere then

I'm not sure how they would drop out of a coat pocket? 

I've never read anything about the history of this coat ie where it was purchased from?  Was it purchased new or second-hand?  It looks fairly shabby in the pics I've seen and not shabby chic!  Was it ever washed/dry cleaned?

I wouldn't rule out contamination in police custody or FSS? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2019, 03:16:54 PM »
Still awaiting your guilty evidence Nicholas?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2019, 03:20:02 PM »

Treating dependent evidence as independent evidence is explained by Norman Fenton et al.

Angela Shaws comment during the BBC did not factor in the other circumstantial evidence of the case against Barry George!

Ergo it was bias

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
I'm not sure how they would drop out of a coat pocket? 

What are pockets on a coat for?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2019, 03:22:19 PM »
Are you familiar with probability fallacies Holly?

I understand the basics of probability.  Forensic Scientist Angela Shaw explained how they (scientists) estimate that 1 in 100 people will inadvertently pick up a single gsr particle.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2019, 03:24:48 PM »
I wouldn't rule out contamination in police custody or FSS?

What were the arguments put forward re contamination?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2019, 03:24:57 PM »
Treating dependent evidence as independent evidence is explained by Norman Fenton et al.

Angela Shaws comment during the BBC did not factor in the other circumstantial evidence of the case against Barry George!

Ergo it was bias

But jurors at BG's second trial heard all the other circumstantial evidence of the case against Barry George and the verdict was a unanimous not guilty.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2019, 03:25:51 PM »
I understand the basics of probability.

What do you understand of Norman Fenton et al’ research?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2019, 03:26:13 PM »
But jurors at BG's second trial heard all the other circumstantial evidence of the case against Barry George and the verdict was a unanimous not guilty.

Did they?