Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 170671 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #660 on: May 04, 2019, 10:08:54 AM »
Lost clues that led police to Dando's killer
The Dando investigation: vital evidence emerged after hunch about 'stranger murderer

Nick Hopkins July 2001
“Eight clues lost in a mass of information provided by 16,000 calls finally led detectives to arrest and charge Barry George. The crucial "messages" were provided by members of the public who called the murder squad between April 26 and June 14 1999. On their own, they were not regarded as overly significant and were placed in a holding queue for low-priority intelligence.

During a review of this material months later, DC John Gallagher realised the messages were referring to the behaviour and habits of the same person - George.

The decision to arrest him on May 28 last year, 460 days after the murder, was not taken quickly.

It came after George had been under surveillance for four weeks and when the squad, led by Detective Superintendent Hamish Campbell, had details of his previous convictions, including one for attempted rape.

They pieced together fragments of evidence regarding his whereabouts on the day Dando died. The hunch became a conviction when a scientist found a single particle of firearms discharge in the inside pocket of a blue cotton jacket hanging on the back of a door in George's flat.

It matched residue on the back of Dando's head and in her hair. "Once we had that, we knew we had enough to arrest him," said one officer.

Three months before, Det Supt Campbell, 43, had changed the focus of the investigation. He was disillusioned with theories of professional hitmen and Crimewatch vendettas, telling friends they seemed "outlandish and far-fetched".

Despite a £150,000 reward and a plea for information from police informants, he had not been presented with a shred of evidence to suggest Dando's death was the work of the underworld.

Only two men had been regarded as possible suspects before George. Martyn Gilbert had allegedly sent sexually explicit emails about Dando and had moved from his home in Fulham to Australia two weeks after her murder. He was ruled out after an officer flew to meet him.

So was Steve Savva, a mechanic from east London, who was wrongly named as a possible assassin by a police informer.

Mr Campbell believed he and his team must have missed something obvious in the maelstrom which followed Dando's death, and suspected the killer was not a professional at all, but an obsessive who had a lucky getaway.

Consulting other detectives at a conference in Birmingham last spring crystallised a growing conviction he should be looking for a "disorganised, stranger murderer" rather than a contract killer. Although wary of giving this too much significance, it chimed with offender profiles prepared by the National Crime Faculty.

Mr Campbell ordered his team to sift through thousands of information "messages" - mainly calls from the public - received in the days after the murder, in case something had been missed.

One referred to a man called "Busara" who lived in a flat in Crookham Road, Fulham, and was described by the caller as "very strange and mentally unstable". "Busara" had not been seen by detectives, so was put in the queue for action, a list of people detectives wanted to see, but not as a high priority.

The officer finally tracked down "Busara" after four weeks and reported back to Det Supt Campbell on April 5, telling his boss he had met someone who was "rather odd". "Busara" was Bulsara. Bulsara was Barry George.

Mr Campbell told his detective to take a statement from him, which he did the next day. With his mother Margaret acting as a witness, George recalled precisely what he had done on April 26 1999.

He said he had been at home that morning. He remembered exactly what he was wearing, mentioning a cotton jacket.

"He was the first person we interviewed who knew precisely where he was and what he was doing, without a moment of hesitation," said a source. "It was as if he had been preparing for the visit."

George also said he had "never heard of Jill Dando", which seemed unlikely, especially as his flat was littered with newspapers and copies of the BBC in-house magazine, Ariel.

The team immediately reviewed George's criminal record, which showed he had a history of violence towards women, including a conviction for attempted rape in 1983.

On April 17 last year, detectives searched George's flat and took away crates of clothes and personal belongings for forensic examination. Mr Campbell ordered a seven-day surveillance of George from 7am to midnight.

The team went through all the police messages again and found other clues which suggested George was lying about his whereabouts on April 26.

One was from a taxi firm, Traffic Cars, five minutes walk from Dando's home. It reported that "a very strange man", who fitted George's description, had come into the office on the day of the murder.

Witnesses at Hammersmith and Fulham Action for Disability (Hafad), a community centre in Greswell Street, thought George had been there at about noon.

George, police learnt, had returned to Hafad two days after the murder and asked staff if they remembered what time he had been there on April 26.

George told them he was worried he looked like the e-fit of the man the police were looking for. Detectives, however, had not released an image of a man seen running away from the scene.

George went to Traffic Cars again and asked if the controller, Ramesh Paul, remembered what he was wearing on his previous visit. When he could not, George became agitated and said "I was wearing yellow, like the colour of the sun! You must remember!"

The material taken from Crookham Road seemed disturbing. It included a handwritten list of 90 car registration numbers and descriptions of the women drivers. One of the number plates was Princess Diana's.

Detectives also recovered hundreds of undeveloped films which showed George had secretly taken several thousand photos of 418 different women.

One picture in particular grabbed the attention of the police. It showed George wearing khaki and a gas mask, and holding a silver handgun, which appeared to have been damaged or tampered with. Although the gun that killed Jill Dando has never been found, forensic analysis of the cartridge has shown the weapon must have been modified in some way.

George, they discovered, did have some knowledge of weapons and had spent six months in the Territorial Army. He did not have a firearms licence, but he legally kept three starting pistols in the 1980s. He had reported one stolen in 1986.

None of this was evidence that linked George to the murder of Dando, but in the second week of May the results of forensic tests on George's clothes landed on Mr Campbell's desk.

Inside the left-hand pocket of George's blue cotton jacket, scientists found a particle comprising lead, antimony and barium - firearms discharge. The particles matched those found on the back of Dando's head and on her coat.

Senior lawyers at the crown prosecution service agreed that on the basis of the forensic evidence there was "sufficient evidence" for the prospect of conviction.

At 6.30am on May 28 last year, four unarmed officers knocked on George's door and told him he was being arrested on suspicion of murdering Jill Dando.

Further analysis of more than 3,000 items taken from George's flat identified a fibre on a pair of trousers which matched those on a coat Dando was wearing when she was shot.

It was not conclusive - the fibre could have come from a number of clothes - but for detectives, it added a little more weight to the prosecution case.

After George was committed to stand trial at the Old Bailey and the CPS had served notice to the defence of its case, he completely changed his alibi.

He admitted he had been out on April 26, and had walked to Hafad at 10.50am, where he had stayed until lunchtime, putting him in the centre at the time of the murder. Staff at Hafad were confused about when they had seen him: one said 11.50am, others claimed it was later.

George told police he had taken a circuitous route to Hafad which avoided Gowan Avenue and took him past Fulham football club. He said he was wearing a bright yellow top.

Detectives scoured the cctv coverage of the area, and found a hazy image of a man, wearing a bright yellow top, walking towards Hafad just before 1pm.

"Is that coincidence or is it George?" said an officer. "We believe that was George. We think he killed Jill, went home and changed, and then out again to Hafad, avoiding the murder scene."

One obvious and gaping hole in the prosecution case was lack of motive. There was nothing in George's flat to suggest he was fixated with Miss Dando. There were no photos or posters, though they could have been destroyed. Nor was there any evidence that he stalked Miss Dando.

Detectives had one weak anecdote which hinted at revenge. Nine years ago, George, who had worked for the BBC briefly in 1976, approached a woman at a bus-stop near Television Centre in Shepherd's Bush and asked whether she worked for the corporation. When she nodded, he told her he disliked the BBC and its journalists because of the way Freddie Mercury had been treated before he died.

Having studied George, Mr Campbell concluded that establishing a motive might prove impossible. "George is a fantasist, so how can we understand the working of his mind?", he told his team.

A detective told the Guardian: "George spent his days following and looking at women. If he liked you, he would photograph you, find your address and visit you. He will ask you to talk to him and if you are aggressive back, that's the trigger for him to attack.

"We were looking for a traditional stalker, but George didn't have to stalk Jill Dando. He lived right by her. He walked past her house nearly every day."

From the moment George came into their orbit, Mr Campbell knew a conviction would be difficult. But Mr Campbell told friends he believed "with all his heart" that George killed Miss Dando
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media2
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 04:03:04 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #661 on: May 04, 2019, 10:22:45 AM »
“Barry had previously been convicted for attempted rape and indecent assault some years earlier, and he lived in the vicinity of Dando’s flat. When I ask Michelle about these serious charges, she doesn’t respond defensively or try to protect her brother; instead she explains, gently, that she too was horrified when she discovered the truth – and told her brother so: “I’m afraid he was given quite a tough time from me; he didn’t enjoy that visit one bit,” she says, briskly. “But I think it needs to be understood that Barry is like a nine-year-old boy living in an adult’s body. These things should not happen, and he knows right from wrong, but at the same time, he has a whole host of disabilities
https://www.premierchristianity.com/Past-Issues/2019/April-2019/My-brother-was-wrongly-convicted-of-murdering-Jill-Dando

Barry George was classed sane and fit to stand trial for murder as an ADULT.

There are NO excuses and her comments are disingenuous. BUT nothing.

As previously pointed out, Barry George’s offending behaviour continued up to the murder and after.

Barry George: a victim of emotional tyranny?
“Without it, the case against George, resting entirely upon circumstantial evidence, fell apart. In fact, the belief that George, a heavily medicated epileptic who, by all accounts, isn’t the brightest, could have carried out a ‘meticulously planned and thoroughly professional’ execution simply looked absurd[/b]. Which does raise a question: how did George come to be convicted?
https://www.spiked-online.com/2008/08/04/barry-george-a-victim-of-emotional-tyranny/

Barry George wasn’t diagnosed with epilepsy until after his arrest
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:48:01 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #662 on: May 04, 2019, 11:01:08 AM »
"Justice is never served by the conviction of the innocent" by Michelle Bates on the 31st Anniversary of the tragedies (Jerrmy Bamber case)
"Becoming aware of a breaking-news story I began to listen in more closely. A siege was taking place at a farmhouse in England. The broadcaster relayed that five people were inside and there was great fear for their safety. As the story unfolded it became apparent that this was an older couple. A farmer and retired Magistrate, Nevill Bamber and his wife, June; their daughter, Sheila, and her six year old twin sons. Jeremy, their son, was outside with police who were trying to communicate with someone inside the house who had been seen pacing back and forth in front of an upstairs window and carrying a firearm. The reporter said that police were reluctant to get too close to the house for fear of causing that person to become more agitated, thereby, escalating the danger to the family. I watched for an hour or so but there was no resolution and, heavily pregnant, I became exhausted and had to go off to bed.
No one was seen pacing back and forth carrying a firearm - this is a lie

Awaking early I was anxious for news, hopefully of a rescue, so I put the News on immediately. The siege was over, police had stormed the house and five bodies had been found inside. I was heartbroken, a whole family! My heart went out to the young man who had waited all night long with the police for news of his family; this was not what he wanted to hear. There was no live TV coverage during the time Bamber was outside the farmhouse with the police - another lie 

My own child was born a few days later and I became engrossed in motherhood. It was a real shock to hear, sometime later, that the son, Jeremy Bamber, had been arrested for the killings…how was that possible when he was outside during the siege and everyone knew that? I presumed the police knew something we did not; there must have been strong evidence to convict a man of killing his entire family…I pushed my unease aside and got on with motherhood and my own life.

Since then I have revisited the facts of this case in light of so many high-profile miscarriage of justice cases coming to light, including that of my own brother, Barry George, for the murder of Jill Dando. More recently we’ve heard of the lies and cover-ups in the Hillsborough deaths and The Chilcot report exposing the same type of cover ups in the Iraqi war scandal. In the Bamber case I can find no evidence to convince me of the guilt of this man. Nothing that can account for a man languishing in jail for more than thirty years. How did a jury convict a young man without proof?
https://jeremybamber.blogspot.com/2016/08/justice-is-never-served-by-conviction.html

Photofit dispute
“Mr George confirmed that he went to the offices of the Hammersmith and Fulham Action for Disability (Hafad) on the day Miss Dando was shot and returned there two days later.
He told police he had wanted to account for his movements as people had said he was similar in appearance to a photofit of the killer.
The prosecution says the photofit was only released four days after the murder.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1349115.stm

Barry George may well have told his mother of his concerns, who in turn told his sister Michelle Diskin Bates. I’ve never believed her story about when she claims she first heard of her brothers involvement in the murder.

Alternatively Barry George’s mother may have raised her concerns with her son. Following my experiences, nothing should be ruled out.

Spinning a yarn, or storytelling, is what I do. But why do I think stories are so important? Well, for me, it's all about imagination; a story can carry us anywhere and everywhere… into a world where anything is possible.
Stories help us to put our own stories - our lives and our feelings - into context and explore how we feel about them, even in the most fantastical settings. https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/top-10-tips-spinning-good-yarn-real-storyteller/1230166

Michelle Diskin Bates is renowned for spinning a yarn.

What she doesn’t recognise (And I suspect it’s to do with her lack of insight) is that some of us who were once involved in the moj movement - for want of a better word, see manipulation for what it is.

Her credibility has long been shot to bits.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:25:17 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #663 on: May 04, 2019, 11:29:50 AM »
https://jeremybamber.blogspot.com/2016/08/justice-is-never-served-by-conviction.html

Michelle Diskin Bates is renowned for spinning a yarn.

What she doesn’t recognise (And I suspect it’s to do with her lack of insight) is that some of us who were once involved in the moj movement - for want of a better word, see manipulation for what it is.

Her credibility has long been shot to bits.

Michelle Diskin Bates has claimed, far too many times to count, how she heard of Jill Dando’s murder at the time but never really followed the case until her brothers arrest.

I don’t believe this for varying reasons but also because of what she wrote about Jeremy Bamber and how it appears she has had an interest in real crime for many many years

“It was well after midnight on August 6th 1985 and I couldn’t sleep. Switching on the T.V., I absent-mindedly tuned into a news channel. We were living in Co. Cork, in Southern Ireland, and I was joyfully awaiting the birth of our first child who was already overdue, making me feel restless; that was why I was up and about at such an hour.

“Becoming aware of a breaking-news story I began to listen in more closely. A siege was taking place at a farmhouse in England. The broadcaster relayed that five people were inside and there was great fear for their safety. As the story unfolded it became apparent that this was an older couple. A farmer and retired Magistrate, Nevill Bamber and his wife, June; their daughter, Sheila, and her six year old twin sons. https://jeremybamber.blogspot.com/2016/08/justice-is-never-served-by-conviction.html

“Awaking early I was anxious for news, hopefully of a rescue, so I put the News on immediately. The siege was over, police had stormed the house and five bodies had been found inside. I was heartbroken, a whole family! My heart went out to the young man who had waited all night long with the police for news of his family; this was not what he wanted to hear.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:34:20 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #664 on: May 04, 2019, 11:49:20 AM »
Michelle Diskin Bates is not to be trusted. She has become a master at manipulation as is self evident. She has attempted to paint herself to be all things to all people within the moj movement and it appears her deceptive nature knows no bounds 

Many individuals questioned Simon Hall’s confession/guilt when it was made back in 2013 but NOT Michelle Diskin Bates. She indicated to others to move on, which I found suspicious. Her first thought was for her credibility, which gave an indication to me of her moral obligations and ethical motives as well as her moral responsibilities.

My opinions my observations.

Scientists call it the 'dark core' or 'D-factor'. You can call it trouble.
“When we talk about being a "good" person, we're usually talking about having personality traits that get a social thumbs up, such as honesty, patience and courage. The other side of the coin exists, though, too, exemplified through traits like narcissism, spitefulness and disloyalty. Scientists now say these negative personality traits share a common 'dark core'.
Defining the "D-factor"
“Researchers from the University of Copenhagen, Ulm University and University of Koblenz-Landau conducted a series of studies with more than 2,500 people focusing on nine common negative traits (egoism, Machiavellianism, moral disengagement, narcissism, psychological entitlement, psychopathy, sadism, self-interest and spitefulness). They asked participants how much they agreed or disagreed with statements like "I know that I am special because everyone keeps telling me so." They also studied other self-reported behaviors, such as impulsivity. Finally, researchers attempted to map a common denominator present in the nine personality traits.

The experts involved in the work define this common denominator, the D-factor or "dark core", as the general tendency to maximize one's individual utility (i.e., to put your interests and goals over others and even enjoy it) while having beliefs that serve as justifications. While somebody certainly can display one negative trait more than others, the dark core means that, if a person shows one of the negative personality traits, they're probably going to have a strong tendency to show one or more of the others, as well. So don't be too surprised, for example, if the same team member who fudges the books also plays mean office pranks or can't stop crowing about their own accomplishments.

“The problem, of course, is authenticity. While some individuals naturally are more open about who they really are, others are experts at showing people what they think others want to see. They try hard to hide their natural tendencies. The only ways to really figure out how high someone's D-factor might be is to engage frequently with them through many different scenarios or to have them undergo a standardized screening process. It's also important to get feedback from others, as they can verify whether something feels off or you're being manipulated. Realize you might be too close to the situation to be objective, and make sure that your HR and mental health team are trained to spot behaviors that could signal a problem. Remember that the more transparent you are, the more likely it is that people will trust you enough to reveal their real selves.
https://www.inc.com/wanda-thibodeaux/science-finally-explained-what-all-toxic-people-have-in-common-heres-what-it-means-for-your-team.html
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:15:57 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #665 on: May 04, 2019, 12:28:27 PM »
Barry had previously been convicted for attempted rape and indecent assault some years earlier, and he lived in the vicinity of Dando’s flat. When I ask Michelle about these serious charges, she doesn’t respond defensively or try to protect her brother; instead she explains, gently, that she too was horrified when she discovered the truth – and told her brother so: “I’m afraid he was given quite a tough time from me; he didn’t enjoy that visit one bit,” she says, briskly. “But I think it needs to be understood that Barry is like a nine-year-old boy living in an adult’s body. These things should not happen, and he knows right from wrong, but at the same time, he has a whole host of disabilities
https://www.premierchristianity.com/Past-Issues/2019/April-2019/My-brother-was-wrongly-convicted-of-murdering-Jill-Dando

Barry George was classed sane and fit to stand trial for murder as an ADULT.

There are NO excuses and her comments are disingenuous. BUT nothing.

Michelle Diskin Bates has claimed her brother Barry George knows right from wrong. What she doesn’t do however is explain or explore how she came to this conclusion. Which, in my opinion, is indicative of her inability in understanding moral reasoning and shows a total lack of logic.

Moral reasoning, also known as moral development, is a study in psychology that overlaps with moral philosophy. Children can make moral decisions about what is right and wrong from a young age; this makes morality fundamental to the human condition. Moral reasoning, however, is a part of morality that occurs both within and between individuals. [1] Prominent contributors to this theory include Lawrence Kohlberg and Elliot Turiel. The term is sometimes used in a different sense: reasoning under conditions of uncertainty, such as those commonly obtained in a court of law. It is this sense that gave rise to the phrase, "To a moral certainty;"[2] however, this idea is now seldom used outside of charges to juries.

Moral reasoning can be defined as being the process in which individuals try to determine the difference between what is right and what is wrong by using logic.[3] This is an important and often daily process that people use when trying to do the right thing. For instance, every day people are faced with the dilemma of whether to lie in a given situation or not. People make this decision by reasoning the morality of their potential actions, and through weighing their actions against potential consequences.

A moral choice can be a personal, economic, or ethical one; as described by some ethical code, or regulated by ethical relationships with others. This branch of psychology is concerned with how these issues are perceived by ordinary people, and so is the foundation of descriptive ethics. There are many different forms of moral reasoning which often[/i] are dictated by culture. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_reasoning
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:39:12 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #666 on: May 04, 2019, 12:40:27 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates has claimed her brother Barry George knows right from wrong. What she doesn’t do however is explain or explore how she came to this conclusion. Which, in my opinion, is indicative of her inability in understanding moral reasoning and shows a total lack of logic.

Which in turn show she argues in defence of her brother out of ignorance., not out of truth.

Mahatma Gandhi “Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.”
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:55:05 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #667 on: May 04, 2019, 02:02:19 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates is not to be trusted. She has become a master at manipulation as is self evident. She has attempted to paint herself to be all things to all people within the moj movement and it appears her deceptive nature knows no bounds 

Many individuals questioned Simon Hall’s confession/guilt when it was made back in 2013 but NOT Michelle Diskin Bates. She indicated to others to move on, which I found suspicious. Her first thought was for her credibility, which gave an indication to me of her moral obligations and ethical motives as well as her moral responsibilities.

My opinions my observations.

Michelle Diskin Bates publicly claims to have first known her brother used the name Bulsara from emails she’d received from him? Would be interesting to find out what the police uncovered in this respect, if anything.

Would also be interesting to learn if she provided the police with these alleged emails in order to help them with their enquiries.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #668 on: May 04, 2019, 02:08:15 PM »
Here Michelle Diskin Bates describes herself as Barry George’s second mother and comments on Mark Williams Thomas

10th December 2018
https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21476295

Troll Exposure blog - August 2018
In 2013, on the back of the crest of the wave after the documentary run by Williams-Thomas concerning the Jimmy Savile furore, Williams-Thomas was boasting about his achievements to the Guardian. Those boasts however, 5+ years on, now look a little different.
Screenshot_2648
Basically what Williams-Thomas was admitting to there was that as a Surrey Police officer he would take it upon himself to brief journalists on what he thought was in the public interest.
The Guardian rightly pointing out that if he had done so now (or in 2013) he would be arrested and suspended from his role. However, this raises a crucial point. If he was doing it then, is he doing it now and has he done it since leaving the force in 2000?
https://trollexposure.wordpress.com/2018/08/08/is-the-investigator-being-investigated/

Michelle Diskin Bates
Since then I have revisited the facts of this case in light of so many high-profile miscarriage of justice cases coming to light, including that of my own brother, Barry George, for the murder of Jill Dando. More recently we’ve heard of the lies and cover-ups in the Hillsborough deaths and The Chilcot report exposing the same type of cover ups in the Iraqi war scandal. In the Bamber case I can find no evidence to convince me of the guilt of this man. Nothing that can account for a man languishing in jail for more than thirty years. How did a jury convict a young man without proof?

I suspect Michelle Diskin Bates, like many of us, is fully aware of Mark Williams Thomas’ behaviour but chooses to carry on regardless in the hope her disingenuous behaviours, along with his, will all disappear.

Troll Exposure blog
Sharing with whom?
Williams-Thomas was recently named by the Judge in the full ruling into the Cliff Richard v BBC case by exposing reporter Dan Johnson’s notes as being the first contact for the alleged victim (complainant) in the allegations which resulted in the BBC overegged reporting of the search of Cliff’s property.
It therefore stands to reason that the person who was “close to Yewtree” and “not a serving police officer” is highly likely Williams-Thomas.
https://trollexposure.wordpress.com/2018/08/08/is-the-investigator-being-investigated/

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
Apr 29
No...BBC, these are NOT rape victims until someone is proved guilty of raping them! With the greatest respect they are claimants or accusers until then. Innocent until proven guilty...not half guilty, awaiting a trial! #BBC
Could be my son or daughter.
https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1122749875043672064

The BBC panorama documentary “Jill Dando - The jury’s out” aired just before her brothers appeal.
(It last aired on Sat 3 Nov 2007 - 02:15) https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0085bqg

Barry George appeared before the Old Bailey on 14 December 2007

“The BBC's Panorama team has forensic analysis which questions the only piece of scientific evidence against the man jailed for murdering Jill Dando.
Firearms residue expert Professor Marco Morin says the single particle taken from Barry George's coat may not have even come from a gun. He says it should not have been introduced as evidence
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/5314996.stm
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:22:57 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #669 on: May 04, 2019, 03:08:47 PM »
WHY did Barry George tell police. re his alibi, he wanted to account for his movements because people had said he was similar in appearance to a photofit of the killer - when the photofit wasn’t released until a couple of days after he’d been to HAFAD.

More importantly WHO told him he looked like the photofit? His mother perhaps? His sister maybe?

WHO Knew Barry George best?

WHY did he change his appearance?

Was he encouraged to change his appearance by anyone?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 03:12:35 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #670 on: May 04, 2019, 03:16:42 PM »
Dennis Eady - This thesis is submitted in candidature for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy
The Dangers of Certainty
Handful of excerpts from page 260 onwards
“Policing by its nature involves decision making and assertive action (Reiner 2000). The uncertainty of many investigative and evidential factors may be uncomfortable in a culture where decisiveness is considered an important attribute. Furthermore one of the experiential problems for investigating officers is that they deal constantly with crime and people who commit crimes; they are no doubt faced on a regular basis with people who lie and distort the truth.

We are ALL no doubt faced on a regular basis with people who lie and distort the truth.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 03:20:29 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #671 on: May 04, 2019, 04:06:44 PM »
After George was committed to stand trial at the Old Bailey and the CPS had served notice to the defence of its case, he completely changed his alibi https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media2

WHY did Barry George completely change his alibi?

Was he encouraged to change his alibi be someone maybe?

Was he afraid to tell the truth through fear of persecution?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 04:44:33 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #672 on: May 04, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »
Nick Hopkins for the Guardian - July 2001
”Three months before, Det Supt Campbell, 43, had changed the focus of the investigation. He was disillusioned with theories of professional hitmen and Crimewatch vendettas, telling friends they seemed "outlandish and far-fetched".

Despite a £150,000 reward and a plea for information from police informants, he had not been presented with a shred of evidence to suggest Dando's death was the work of the underworld.

Only two men had been regarded as possible suspects before George

“Mr Campbell believed he and his team must have missed something obvious in the maelstrom which followed Dando's death, and suspected the killer was not a professional at all, but an obsessive who had a lucky getaway.

Consulting other detectives at a conference in Birmingham last spring crystallised a growing conviction he should be looking for a "disorganised, stranger murderer" rather than a contract killer. Although wary of giving this too much significance, it chimed with offender profiles prepared by the National Crime Faculty.

Mr Campbell ordered his team to sift through thousands of information "messages" - mainly calls from the public - received in the days after the murder, in case something had been missed.

One referred to a man called "Busara" who lived in a flat in Crookham Road, Fulham, and was described by the caller as "very strange and mentally unstable".

The facts of this case have been skewed over these past 2 decades and Michelle Diskin Bates hands are not clean, far from it.

She has knowingly put disingenuous information into the public domain in the hope if she repeats her story enough times it’ll be believed, not dissimilar to Simon Hall and his family.

The fact is she’s digging an even bigger hole for herself and in turn for Barry George. She really should have listened to her uncle Mike, who, according to his book, pointed this out to her on more than one occasion.

It’s clear from the content of her book she’s burned many bridges.

Her self righteous attitude has done her no favours either.

“The most dangerous lies are the lies you tell yourself

My opinions, my observations.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 04:47:33 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #673 on: May 04, 2019, 05:06:49 PM »
Dando suspect 'devious' - June 2001
“The Old Bailey: The man accused of Jill Dando's murder told "lie after lie" when questioned by police, the Old Bailey heard.

In his closing speech, prosecuting counsel Orlando Pownall claimed Barry George was "devious" and played cat-and-mouse with the police when quizzed.

George had not mentioned in his witness statement that he returned to an advice centre two days after Miss Dando's murder, the jury heard.

The prosecution alleges George went to the offices of Hammersmith and Fulham Action for Disability to establish a false alibi.

Mr Pownall said: "The defendant was given an opportunity to tell the truth and time after time he declined that invitation and told lie after lie.

"As he realised there was an overwhelming amount of evidence contradicting his earlier assertions, he acknowledged these events - an acknowledgement a truthful interviewee would have given from the word go.

"You may think the police had done their homework, but it did not stop the defendant playing cat and mouse."
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/6410638.dando-suspect-devious/

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #674 on: May 04, 2019, 05:42:05 PM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
Dan Didio: DC Comics to release blasphemous series about Jesus - Sign: (link: http://www.citizengo.org/en/md/167848-dc-comics-slated-release-blasphemous-series-about-jesus?tc=tw&tcid=53287472) citizengo.org/en/md/167848-d…
Why is it ok to offend Christians but not LGBT, Muhammad , Buddha, trans people? I think this is awful. I won’t be hurtful or disrespectful to any group...except paedophiles
[/u]
https://mobile.twitter.com/Michelle_Diskin/status/1086345633823408128

“There is probably no word in the English language that currently triggers a witch-hunt faster than this little gem: paedophile. https://www.legalcheek.com/2015/06/top-barrister-sparks-social-media-row-with-telly-copper-over-janner-trial-of-facts/

Troll Exposure blog
Which brings me to another supposition and theory: that Williams-Thomas is at the forefront of a media and police campaign, he is the link between police and media. He fulfils his own stated ambition of being a “middle man” for such matters but by doing so he’s effectively removed the chances of fair trials in many of the cases which he’s leaked information about to the media.
The key to his need to do so is personal ambition in my opinion. However it needs a willing set of players around him, the Murdoch empire stand out as the main willing recipients, the police are clearly leaking operational material through him. Operation Yewtree was leaking more than a sieve with a massive rusted hole in the bottom. The public clamour for arrests and guilty verdicts was being tub-thumped by the actions of Williams-Thomas in leaking such material to the media. And in order to not make the connection to the Murdoch empire so obvious every now and again he would pass other details to the likes of the BBC or the Mirror Group. Spread the wealth.

Read more here:
https://trollexposure.wordpress.com/2019/05/04/may-the-force-be-with-the-force/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:33:45 PM by Nicholas »