Author Topic: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?  (Read 111236 times)

Redblossom

Re: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2014, 10:37:03 PM »
From the Portuguese they got the same as those who asked for the files got.
From the LC, they got back what they in fact had given them.
What they have, and we don't, is CRG, Metodo3, Halligen and Edgar.

So this info wasnt in the files as suggested by that newspaper article but somehow found out between the  British consul and other agencies? Edgar also stated in one  article he found some of the info in the files though.

Redblossom

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2014, 10:39:23 PM »
"The woman, from the North of England, later reported the incident to private detectives hired by Madeleine’s family."

Didn't report it to the cops then?

No ones reported on it because they didnt see any link I suppose

Now its a flurry

eta

Alot of these people and others reportedly went straight to the madeleine campaign instead of police which I find odd myself
Will we be hearing of attempted abductions ten yrs down the line too? or sightings? made in 2007/2008??
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:49:08 PM by Redblossom »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2014, 10:54:20 PM »
This is from Kate's book - these cases are in the FILES - so it means the info collected by PJ.. it cannot be a myth

One of the most concerning and upsetting piece of information to emerge quite early ( when they started reading the files) was the record of sexual crimes against the children in  the Algarve. This discovery made me feel phisically sick. I read about five cases of British children on holiday being sexually abused in their beds while their parents slept another room. In three further incidents, children encountered an intruder in their bedrooms, who was presumably disturbed before he had the chance to carry out assault. I guess these were the reports that Bill Henderson, the British consul at the time of Madeleine's abduction, had told me about.
These incidents had occurred within an hour drive of PDL and over the three years prior to Madeleine's disappearance. The PJ never mentioned any of them to us. In fact, I gather from the files, some of them hadn't even been recorded by the authorities at the time they were reported..

So there are 8 ( eight) cases in the files.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:57:35 PM by VIXTE »

Redblossom

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2014, 10:58:16 PM »
Were any of the victims 3?

if not why make a link at all

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2014, 10:59:36 PM »
This is from Kate's book - these cases are in the FILES - so it means the info collected by PJ.. it cannot be a myth

In fact, I gather from the files, some of them hadn't even been recorded by the authorities at the time they were reported..

Probably because they didn't report them at the time they allegedly occured.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 11:08:06 PM »
If Madeline's disappearance was at the hands of an unknown abductor,  then he succeeded so spectacularly I would expect a traceable pattern of repeat crimes across the Algarve over the last 7 years.

Hovering over cribs doesn't count as clearly it was NOT a succesful abduction.

In fact I sounds more like a drunk wandering into the wrong room...he was possibly more startled by the sudden appearance of the baby, than the baby was of him.

So - where ARE the repeat crimes?

Redblossom

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 11:08:46 PM »

So there are 8 ( eight) cases in the files.

There you go again, KMs book is not a defacto truth source, we know certain things have been misrepresented in it, so its stupid to take every word as gospel, but you carry on

Good evening though for the night!

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 11:10:58 PM »
In fact, I gather from the files, some of them hadn't even been recorded by the authorities at the time they were reported..

Probably because they didn't report them at the time they allegedly occured.

If you read Kate's book she goes on about one mother of the victims threatening to sue PJ about the incident...

I can copy it for you, I've got the book.

Kate cannot name these victims for legal reason but it seems the McCanns got a different version of files, the bigger version to the one that was published online.

In other words, what was published is not ALL!

AnneGuedes

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 11:13:50 PM »
So this info wasnt in the files as suggested by that newspaper article but somehow found out between the  British consul and other agencies? Edgar also stated in one  article he found some of the info in the files though.
Edgar had no especial access to the files. He might have gathered rumours, that's different.

Lyall

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2014, 11:14:33 PM »
Were any of the victims 3?

if not why make a link at all

Good point Red. Without the official documents this might be a Brass Eye-like definition of children: "anyone under 30".

AnneGuedes

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 11:18:23 PM »
The McCanns had the files that are on Internet, the same, no more, no less.
She can't say the truth about what she allegedly found in the files. She doesn't say the truth about discovering in the files that the reception lady wrote on a book that the kids were left alone. The register book doesn't bear such note and the statement of that lady doesn't say so.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 11:21:16 PM »
Kate said

I cried for hours after reading a letter of complaint from ne mother to the GNR regarding the sexul abuse of her daughter and the lack of proper attention paid to it by the authorities. The final line in paricular has haunted me ever since: "It is difficult to see with this lack of investigation or the interest how a profile of this man can be built up. It did not appear that there was any great incentive or determination to find the offender and bring him to justice...Furthermore it could all have been so much worse...indeed this man could go on to do much worse to another child if he is not stopped now " Six months later our beloved Madeleine was grabbed from her bed

She goes on saying that of course this is not proof that it is related to Madeleine because she doesn't know who took her daughter but there was a proof that the British holiday makers in their apartments were targeted.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:25:17 PM by VIXTE »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2014, 11:23:22 PM »
Good point Red. Without the official documents this might be a Brass Eye-like definition of children: "anyone under 30".

?{)(**

"Today the number of children having sex with adults is beyond belief, if you define a child as anyone under 30, the figure is over 86%"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:35:23 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Lyall

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2014, 11:25:19 PM »
Kate said

>@@(*&) Letter of complaint? Did the police put it on their website then?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2014, 11:26:57 PM »
The McCanns had the files that are on Internet, the same, no more, no less.
She can't say the truth about what she allegedly found in the files. She doesn't say the truth about discovering in the files that the reception lady wrote on a book that the kids were left alone. The register book doesn't bear such note and the statement of that lady doesn't say so.

The note probably got stuck to the night creche records.