Author Topic: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?  (Read 111236 times)

Estuarine

Re: Child abduction in Portugal and beyond - is it really so prevalent?
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2014, 07:53:30 PM »
Seriously though Sadie. You really think Pat got the PdL authorities to install lights and chop down trees? >@@(*&)
If its on the Mark Warner plot more like a recommendation from CRG.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »

I was just saying that, to me, it was a natural question that would be asked to eliminate one possibility.
As Faithlilly posted on another thread, "while we're talking round the houses about those subjects we're not discussing the important ones. That's how it works".

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2014, 08:13:53 PM »
I didn't know it had, Carana ( a) been leaked to the press and b) been stated that he wasn't). I just understood that it was a question that had been asked and the McCanns were upset about it.   I was just saying that, to me, it was a natural question that would be asked to eliminate one possibility.

There are many natural question that are asked in every investigation and it is natural for some people to be upset by them...nothing wrong there

Offline Carana

« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2014, 08:29:11 PM »
There are many natural question that are asked in every investigation and it is natural for some people to be upset by them...nothing wrong there

As I said earlier to CPN, I find nothing wrong with raising the issue with those concerned (if it ever was, which I doubt). My issue was the fact that it was suddenly splattered all over the media, by a "senior PJ" source, that Gerry wasn't the father. And in October 2007, the files hadn't been released, so it was definitely a leak. And a very mangled one at that.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2014, 08:33:29 PM »
As I said earlier to CPN, I find nothing wrong with raising the issue with those concerned (if it ever was, which I doubt). My issue was the fact that it was suddenly splattered all over the media, by a "senior PJ" source, that Gerry wasn't the father. And in October 2007, the files hadn't been released, so it was definitely a leak. And a very mangled one at that.

The second it became known Kate used IVF the rumours were bound to start.

I would hesitate to call it a "leak", plenty of editors sat about devising fraudulent headlines in this case.

In fact, seems like they're still at it.  Look at Euclides.

CPN

« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »
My memory must be bad, then, because I thought it was one of the questions raised by Yvonne Martin - as I said, quite understandably from my point of view - and was part of the reasons the McCanns objected to Yvonne Martin.   If I am wrong I apologise, I am not going to argue about it, there is too much unpleasant and unnecessary arguing on here

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »
David Icke is your friend @)(++(*

He won't whitewash your theories.

8)--)) 8)--)) 8)-)))
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »
David Icke is your friend @)(++(*

He won't whitewash your theories.
The standard way to discredit any theories is to ridicule and undermine the person who put the theories forward, rather than discvuss the theories.

That technique is practiced by many of the worst offenders / biggest organisations in the World and it is highly successful.  Whilst David Ickes stuff is cutting edge and quite often goes too far, he also has done a good deal of worthwhile investigation.  Embarrassing stuff for the organisations, therefore they have put out propaganda to idicule him. 
Pity that his name has been so poisoned cos a good deal of his stuff is very worthwhile

The ridiculing technique has proved VERY successful and stopped many rational people from examining what he says ... or even looking at it.

It has been copied by people on forums ... and again is proving successful in shutting up people who present new stuff, by bullying, harrassing and ridiculing.

What is wrong with discussing things in a rational manner?

One thing that I know is that when the ridiculing of me starts, I have hit a sore spot and you guys dont know how to deal with it.  You guys are using the ridiculing technique rather than debate ... or just let it pass over.

The title of this thread is:
Re: Child abduction in Portugal - is it really so prevalent?

The silly thing is that all I have done is supply a list of names with dates and places of youngsters whose families believe them abducted as do other people.

And pre Madeleine in Mainland PT, there were 8 stranger abductions missing children in 16 years.  Post Madeleine how many, I wonder?   

Can Anne pls supply the names /details that she claims and display her 10 year slot.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2014, 04:29:38 AM »
This is the age of equality is it not.

Men were kind enough to give you women the vote, I think the very least you could do in return is not accuse all men of being child abductors.

!

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2014, 07:56:11 AM »
If you believe ...
... David Ickes stuff is cutting edge and quite often goes too far, he also has done a good deal of worthwhile investigation. 

...then there is no hope. DI is a load of opinions with no proof, circular and self referential arguments.

...and to cheer Davel up, more Celestial Teapots than a Celestial Teapot shop.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:13:25 AM by Slartibartfast »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »
As I remembered from previous reading, trying to work out missing children statistics (let alone abductions) across Europe is a mess.

European Commission – Directorate-General for Justice
Missing children in the European Union Mapping, data collection and statistics
(2013)

http://resourcecentre.savethechildren.se/sites/default/files/documents/1709_missing_children_study_2013_en_original_1.pdf

The analysis of data only goes back to 2008, so it doesn't reflect a 10-year period.

There are a few items concerning Portugal, but it is still difficult to compare as the authorities in the different countries rarely seem to be able to provide comparable information.

· Around 150-200 cases of missing children per every 100,000 children are reported annually in Slovakia, Lithuania and Portugal;

It's not clear how many of these kids were found or not, how old they were, how long they remained missing, nor what had happened to them.

Offline Carana

« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
!

No worries, SH. When God made man, she was only experimenting... ;)

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #267 on: March 11, 2014, 10:04:11 PM »
No worries, SH. When God made man, she was only experimenting... ;)

no answer to taht

Offline Carana

« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »
no answer to taht

Some experiments were better than others? :)

Offline Benice

« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2014, 11:53:42 AM »
Some experiments were better than others? :)

I always thought it was....... ''When God made man, she was only joking'' ..........
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal