Author Topic: Was the PJ right to decide that Madeleine had died so early on?  (Read 35313 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Was the PJ right to decide that Madeleine had died so early on?
« Reply #330 on: October 17, 2018, 01:59:23 PM »
I am aware you are using 6 instances belonging to the 0.015% of cases of missing children which were the result of stranger abduction.

Then why not say that in your post instead of using gobbledegook - unless it was as a diversionary tactic?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #331 on: October 17, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
The problem with your opinion is that no one can actually give a theory of how the McCann's managed to cover up Madeleine's disappearance and still go for dinner,  behaving normally.

I don't need to.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #332 on: October 17, 2018, 02:02:51 PM »
It is used to point out where posters are using fallacious arguments.
Correction:  it is used by you to point out what you think are fallacious arguments made by supporters. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #333 on: October 17, 2018, 02:03:44 PM »
I don't need to.
Correction: you can't. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #334 on: October 17, 2018, 02:04:09 PM »
Then why not say that in your post instead of using gobbledegook - unless it was as a diversionary tactic?

The use of the word gobbledygook to describe an accurate description of what you were doing is a diversionary tactic.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #335 on: October 17, 2018, 02:07:39 PM »
The use of the word gobbledygook to describe an accurate description of what you were doing is a diversionary tactic.
I demand that you back up your post to explain what is fallacious about the following two sentences:

Sarah Jayne Harper ... Holly and Jessica ... James Bulger ... Sarah Payne ... Moira Anderson ... etc

There is a very long and tragic list of children abducted by strangers in which 'statistics' count for nothing ... every missing child case must be considered on the evidence.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #336 on: October 17, 2018, 02:12:58 PM »
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/crime/killer-of-leeds-schoolgirl-sarah-harper-is-unmasked-in-new-murder-trial-1-3851327
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soham_murders
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Sarah_Payne
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16031487.credible-witness-emerges-in-moira-anderson-mystery/

The content of your post is a mystery to me but it seems you are unaware of some of the most high profile British missing children who were subsequently found to have been abducted by strangers.

The only stranger abduction that does indeed have a Texas connection is that of Isabel Celis which is where the little girl or her body was taken across State lines and found in Texas. https://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/31/us/arizona-isabel-celis-remains-found/index.html   
That is is the only one I can think of at the moment.

But no doubt you know what your post is all about ... as I've already said ... you most certainly have not made it clear as far as I am concerned.

Reference the Soham murders.
Here is a parallel for you.
"Cambridgeshire Police said they feared the woman who reported seeing two girls fitting Holly and Jessica's description in a village near Ely, 12 hours after their disappearance on Sunday, was mistaken."
The woman was subsequently "done" for wasting police time.
For those of you not familiar with The Fen, the village, Little Thetford/Streatham is about fifteen klicks (eight or nine miles) NW of Soham.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

« Reply #337 on: October 17, 2018, 02:22:36 PM »
Correction: you can't.

I don't need to. I've no interest in  persuading anyone of anything.

I leave that role to supporters desperate to push the McCann abduction theory for all its worth
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #338 on: October 17, 2018, 02:31:36 PM »
I don't need to. I've no interest in  persuading anyone of anything.

I leave that role to supporters desperate to push the McCann abduction theory for all its worth
See I find this odd, the fact that people seem to have a very firm conviction about something yet are completely incapable of explaining how their belief is actually possible within the constraints of the known facts, even to themselves.  No doubt you will claim to have a perfectly plausible and coherent theory that you prefer not to divulge.  Yeah, right!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #339 on: October 17, 2018, 02:54:53 PM »
See I find this odd, the fact that people seem to have a very firm conviction about something yet are completely incapable of explaining how their belief is actually possible within the constraints of the known facts, even to themselves.  No doubt you will claim to have a perfectly plausible and coherent theory that you prefer not to divulge.  Yeah, right!
Are you overlooking the wheelie bins?  How remiss!
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #340 on: October 17, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »

You see, this the difference between me and supporters in general. I feel no need to provide a theory or explanation, or even try to rubbish other's ideas, whereas I get the impression that supporters are desperate to push their ideas - as if it is going to make a difference.

Real detectives are involved in this case so I'm happy to let them get on with it and when THEY have proved me wrong, then I'll reconsider.

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #341 on: October 17, 2018, 03:24:10 PM »
You see, this the difference between me and supporters in general. I feel no need to provide a theory or explanation, or even try to rubbish other's ideas, whereas I get the impression that supporters are desperate to push their ideas - as if it is going to make a difference.

Real detectives are involved in this case so I'm happy to let them get on with it and when THEY have proved me wrong, then I'll reconsider.
Of course it's not going to make any difference, I just find it interesting that some people seem quite convinced of something which actually would make little sense if they were to actually try and provide a theory or explanation for it.   

Offline jassi

« Reply #342 on: October 17, 2018, 03:32:20 PM »
Of course it's not going to make any difference, I just find it interesting that some people seem quite convinced of something which actually would make little sense if they were to actually try and provide a theory or explanation for it.

Fine - you stick with your interesting thought.

Or maybe not -

Offline Brietta

« Reply #343 on: October 17, 2018, 04:51:13 PM »

Perhaps sticking to the thread topic of the PJ misdirection of Madeleine's case by basing their investigation on speculation of her death without supporting evidence might help you with that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #344 on: October 17, 2018, 04:54:27 PM »
Reference the Soham murders.
Here is a parallel for you.
"Cambridgeshire Police said they feared the woman who reported seeing two girls fitting Holly and Jessica's description in a village near Ely, 12 hours after their disappearance on Sunday, was mistaken."
The woman was subsequently "done" for wasting police time.
For those of you not familiar with The Fen, the village, Little Thetford/Streatham is about fifteen klicks (eight or nine miles) NW of Soham.

Was she really 'done' if she made a mistaken identification and not a malicious one?  Do you have a cite for that?