Author Topic: EU membership, should we stay or leave?  (Read 125551 times)

Offline John

Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2016, 10:54:08 AM »
For so many reasons we will be better out of the EU.  I have seen what the EU does in other European countries, Spain has seen the cost of goods and services rise significantly over the last 16 years, what was once a cheap country to live in has been destroyed.  The Spanish have near 20% unemployment with no signs of that improving, millions of youngsters cannot get jobs so look abroad.  This is not what I want for my country, the sooner we leave the better!

As for migrants, we should be operating a zero tolerance policy, kick out the million illegal spongers and have a proper system based on potential immigrants having a trade or qualification as operates in Australia.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:58:30 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2016, 11:04:03 AM »
Something you must keep in mind too is the question of the EU's viability should the UK leave.  My own view is that other countries will follow suit leaving the EU as nothing more than Germany and possibly France with a bunch of eastern bloc States.  I know for a fact the Spanish and the Portuguese people want the hell out so watch this space if the UK go.  The propped up Euro will be the first to fall as more countries follow Greece down the tube.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

stephen25000

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2016, 11:09:44 AM »
Something you must keep in mind too is the question of the EU's viability should the UK leave.  My own view is that other countries will follow suit leaving the EU as nothing more than Germany and possibly France with a bunch of eastern bloc States.  I know for a fact the Spanish and the Portuguese people want the hell out so watch this space if the UK go.  The propped up Euro will be the first to fall as more countries follow Greece down the tube.

If they leave, they will suffer Economic disaster.

Their economies are already fragile, made worse by the Euro currency.

Offline John

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2016, 11:12:42 AM »
If they leave, they will suffer Economic disaster.

Their economies are already fragile, made worse by the Euro currency.

The Spanish hate the Euro and with good cause.  The Germans want to control Europe and the UK with it.  If they couldn't do it by force they want to do it by stealth.  I say on yer bike Fritz!!  ...or should that be Angela?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:29:33 AM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2016, 12:42:06 PM »
The Spanish hate the Euro and with good cause.  The Germans want to control Europe and the UK with it.  If they couldn't do it by force they want to do it by stealth.  I say on yer bike Fritz!!  ...or should that be Angela?

You'very been reading too many of the Sun headlines John.

The third Reich is dead and buried.

Just remember we are the sick man of Europe in regard to economic output per unit worker.

Offline Admin

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »
The cat is well and truly out of the bag.  Twice tonight on the Sky News referendum debate Prime Minister David Cameron admitted that the real reason he wants the UK to remain within the EU is to protect the Financia Services industry in London.  To hell with the rest of the country as long as the fat cats in London continue to have their cream.

stephen25000

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2016, 09:33:31 PM »
The cat is well and truly out of the bag.  Twice tonight on the Sky News referendum debate Prime Minister David Cameron admitted that the real reason he wants the UK to remain within the EU is to protect the Financia Services industry in London.  To hell with the rest of the country as long as the fat cats in London continue to have their cream.

The fat cats Admin will still get their money, come what may, don't even think they won't.

I feel sorry for those who will lose their jobs when the finance sector moves into Europe,  as they will, along with other firms, if we leave the EU.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2016, 10:18:22 PM »
The fat cats Admin will still get their money, come what may, don't even think they won't.

I feel sorry for those who will lose their jobs when the finance sector moves into Europe,  as they will, along with other firms, if we leave the EU.

It may be shaky but look on the bright side, we can reclaim our fishing industry,farmingndustry to feed our nation,jobs in the IT sector are going to have a huge input, our science industry is now taking hold  STEMS are leading the way. We are now heading for a real change wether that is civil war or civil retreat from our stifled 'democracy' it will happen because we have been forced into believing we are not good enough,-sick man of Europe can be reversed, we need to take our country back and be proud not ashamed of our heritage. The majority should be taken seriously. We are being invaded not by people who want to live and work here and live like us, but by many,many gangs of undesirables. Our trade is good with the rest of the world  EU is not working for the people and anyone who claims it is is deluding themselves. If we are told we will fail, some will,  but the rest of us will work to ensure victory!

Money was invented for free loaders,in days gone by the blacksmith would shoe a horse and the horsemen would pay with food etc then someone who has no talent or skill or is a lazy lying shyster ( Bankers) just hand over a bit of paper saying" I promise to pay the bearer of this note..."
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2016, 11:01:37 AM »
Camaron looked a berk.

I await another berk tonight, called Gove.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 03:09:11 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2016, 02:24:48 PM »
Camaron looked a berk.

I await another berk tonight, called Gove.

I was never a fan of Michael Gove but on Friday night he performed much better than Cameron did the night before.   Shouty Faisal Islam looked to be under pressure as time and time again Gove got the upper hand.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 03:07:43 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2016, 06:28:31 PM »
I was never a fan of Michael Gove but on Friday night he performed much better than Cameron did the night before.   Shouty Faisal Islam looked to be under pressure as time and time again Gove got the upper hand.

Well, bar one question, Gove looked a total plonker.

He had no facts, only belief.

Continued to spout the crap about £350 million per week, and suggested it even was more.

TOTAL RUBBISH.

Actually admitted people would be losing their jobs, if we leave the EU, and then came up with a story about his father losing his job, I'll check that out by the way, and the old story of how they put him through private education by scrimping and saving.

stephen25000

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2016, 06:37:19 PM »
A few facts about GOVE.

He was adopted. His 'father and mother' have been told to keep quiet.

' Mrs Gove, a former lab assistant at Aberdeen University, was tending her front lawn in the sunshine yesterday, but said they had strict instructions from their son not to talk to the media. '

So there is no verification of what Gove said. I wonder why. 8)-)))

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/04/michael-gove-how-the-eu-wrecked-my-familys-fish-business/

Offline Admin

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2016, 09:50:22 PM »
A few facts about GOVE.

He was adopted. His 'father and mother' have been told to keep quiet.

' Mrs Gove, a former lab assistant at Aberdeen University, was tending her front lawn in the sunshine yesterday, but said they had strict instructions from their son not to talk to the media. '

So there is no verification of what Gove said. I wonder why. 8)-)))

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/04/michael-gove-how-the-eu-wrecked-my-familys-fish-business/

Many family fishing businesses right down the North Sea coast from Peterhead in Scotland to Great Yarmouth and Lowstoft in England were decimated by the EU which imposed quotas on British trawlers whilst allowing the French and Spanish boats in to help themselves and offload their cargoes in foreign ports.

Snip

EE Gove and Sons was a thriving concern, employing 20 people to process and smoke fish from the North Sea, including cod and whiting.

But in the early 1980s it went under as a result, says Mr Gove, of the European common fisheries policy (CFP), which gave access to fishing grounds to boats from other countries and imposed quotas on British fishermen.

Ernest Gove, 79, and his wife Christine, 77, still live in the same neat, three-bedroom, granite semi-detached house in Aberdeen where the MP was brought up.

Mrs Gove, a former lab assistant at Aberdeen University, was tending her front lawn in the sunshine yesterday, but said they had strict instructions from their son not to talk to the media.

She did however say there was nothing left of the business in a harbour that has been constantly redeveloped since oil first boomed in the city in the 1970s

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:02:02 PM by Admin »

stephen25000

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2016, 10:07:40 PM »
Many family fishing businesses right down the North Sea coast from Peterhead in Scotland to Great Yarmouth and Lowstoft in England were decimated by the EU which imposed quotas on British trawlers whilst allowing the French and Spanish boats in to help themselves and offload their cargoes in foreign ports.

Snip

EE Gove and Sons was a thriving concern, employing 20 people to process and smoke fish from the North Sea, including cod and whiting.

But in the early 1980s it went under as a result, says Mr Gove, of the European common fisheries policy (CFP), which gave access to fishing grounds to boats from other countries and imposed quotas on British fishermen.

Ernest Gove, 79, and his wife Christine, 77, still live in the same neat, three-bedroom, granite semi-detached house in Aberdeen where the MP was brought up.

Mrs Gove, a former lab assistant at Aberdeen University, was tending her front lawn in the sunshine yesterday, but said they had strict instructions from their son not to talk to the media.

She did however say there was nothing left of the business in a harbour that has been constantly redeveloped since oil first boomed in the city in the 1970s

No verification.

I read that to.

I would not trust any of them on either side of the debate.

The irony of Gove complaining about the rich elite controlling Europe, when you only have to look at the current Cabinet to see the real wastes of space.

Tell me Admin, would you want Boris as PM ?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:28:31 AM by stephen25000 »