Author Topic: EU membership, should we stay or leave?  (Read 125503 times)

Offline John

Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2016, 04:56:51 PM »
Not that I am biased or anything, but ...

If you vote for BREXIT I reckon we will lose somewhere between £20k and £50k on our move to Portelas, due to the impact on the exchange rate.

I don't get a vote.  But if I did, I would vote for BREXIT.  The last time we got to vote, it was for a common market, not whether we wanted the United States of Europe.

I miss the Escudo.  And the Franc.  And the Lire.

I have agree SiL, when Spain moved from the peseta to the Euro everything cost more overnight and has continued in that direction ever since.  The unemployment in Spain is 20% with young people struggling to get any sort of decent job, no wonder they want to head for London and the streets paved with gold.

We didn't know it then but the Common Market was simply a ploy to suck us in to something much bigger.

I travel to Edinburgh quite often and what is becoming more common on the capital's streets are the beggars many of whom are from eastern Europe.  This was never the case ten years ago.  Thousands of young people born and bred in the UK cannot buy their own home because of this folly of allowing unfettered immigration to these shores.  And that includes the wealthy Russians as well as the poor from the Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:05:05 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2016, 10:14:26 AM »
The #remain campaign has nothing to offer but scaremongering, for weeks they have made out that the UK is a basket case dependent entirely on a charitable EU for its continued wellbeing. I don't know about anyone else but I find this so sickening to listen to.  Has our country become so poor and so pathetic that even our own government including the opposition are running it down?

If we stay in the EU our way of life is destined to be destroyed, our laws are increasingly being tailored towards foreign cultures, our schools are being swamped by immigrants, our health service is on the verge of collapse. Our great capital city is being overrun by millions of illegals since we cannot boot them out because of EU law.  All illegals who not only get here but who are picked up in the English Channel can stay, this is pathetic beyond words!  The French are threatening to let all migrants set off for our shores if we vote to #leave..wtf!!  People need to wake up before it is too late, our spineless government led by millionaires Cameron and Osborne is selling us down the river in order to protect vested interests in the City, I vote LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:33:04 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:16 AM »
The #remain campaign has nothing to offer but scaremongering, for weeks they have made out that the UK is a basket case dependent entirely on a charitable EU for its continued wellbeing. I don't know about anyone else but I find this so sickening to listen to.  Has our country become so poor and so pathetic that even our own government including the opposition are running it down?

If we stay in the EU our way of life is destined to be destroyed, our laws are increasingly being tailored towards foreign cultures, our schools are being swamped by immigrants, our health service is on the verge of collapse. Our great capital city is being overrun by millions of illegals since we cannot boot them out because of EU law.  All illegals who not only get here but who are picked up in the English Channel can stay, this is pathetic beyond words!  The French are threatening to let all migrants set off for our shores if we vote to #leave..wtf!!  People need to wake up before it is too late, our spineless government led by millionaires Cameron and Osborne is selling us down the river in order to protect vested interests in the City, I vote LEAVE.

You talk about scaremongering Angelo, that is exactly what you did in the second paragraph.

What exactly do you mean by our way of life ?

A few pints of lager, followed by a Curry or a Chinese on a Friday Night, then puked up on the streets in the early hours ?

Have you proof the French intend to let all the migrants head in our direction, or is that just rhetoric ?

I presume you heard Farage say he doesn't care if our currency is devalued ?

I find a lot of the arguments for leaving, little more than the personification of the 'little englander' mentality.

The true Brits of course are not the Anglo-Saxons, but the Gaelic people who first settled these Isles.

Gove and Johnson, of course merely see this as an opportunity to gain power,and get rid of Cameron.

I do expect a 'NO' vote, but I don't want to hear any crying from the leavers, when our economy is totally flucked up.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »
You talk about scaremongering Angelo, that is exactly what you did in the second paragraph.

What exactly do you mean by our way of life ?

A few pints of lager, followed by a Curry or a Chinese on a Friday Night, then puked up on the streets in the early hours ?

Have you proof the French intend to let all the migrants head in our direction, or is that just rhetoric ?

I presume you heard Farage say he doesn't care if our currency is devalued ?

I find a lot of the arguments for leaving, little more than the personification of the 'little englander' mentality.

The true Brits of course are not the Anglo-Saxons, but the Gaelic people who first settled these Isles.

Gove and Johnson, of course merely see this as an opportunity to gain power,and get rid of Cameron.

I do expect a 'NO' vote, but I don't want to hear any crying from the leavers, when our economy is totally flucked up.

I stated a fact in my second paragraph. The difference between the #remain campaign and the #leave campaign is that the latter are speaking the truth. We are paying more and more each year to prop up third world former soviet States.  All Cameron and his kind can do is quote maybe's, maybe this and maybe that, the truth being they just don't know. The #leave campaign on the other hand are stating the truth.  Our country is being squeezed by unfair tariffs on world trade, our national identity and laws are being corrupted in order to facilitate eastern bloc States, our population is being artificially expanded, our entire way of life is being destroyed to accommodate the Germans whose ambition is a one size fits all Federal Europe at any cost.  Sorry but I don't want to be known as a European, I am British and proud of it!

The biggest regret I have is the way we abandoned our Aussi, Kiwi and Canadian cousins by allowing the EU to destroy our special trading relationship with them.  I want to see that relationship rekindled, to hell with Italy, Germany and France, wtf have they ever done for us?  France was subject to German rule in 1944 as was most of Europe, they aren't much better now under EU rule still mostly controlled by the same German mentality.

ps  what's a NO vote?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:40:58 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2016, 11:37:32 AM »
The difference between the #remain campaign and the #leave campaign is that the latter are speaking the truth. All Cameron and his kind can do is quote maybe's, maybe this and maybe that, the truth being they just don't know. The #leave campaign on the other hand are stating the truth.  Our country is being squeezed by unfair tariffs on world trade, our national identity and laws are being corrupted in order to facilitate eastern bloc States, our population is being artificially expanded, our entire way of life is being destroyed to accommodate the Germans whose ambition is a Federal Europe at any cost.

That is a matter of opinion Angelo.

The leave campaign is largely rhetoric and with nothing even vaguely quantitative to back up their statements and they have told blatant lies.

Likewise, and I don't deny it, that Cameron has used scare tactics. Whatever happens, he is finished.

I regularly come into contact through my work with people from a variety of backgrounds, and have no problem in doing so.

There are s..mbags in every country as we have seen in the behaviour in France at the Euros.

So please tell me what is our 'national identity' and what 'way of life' is being destroyed.

For a look at a English mentality, take a look at history. On the night before the battle of Agincourt, look at what the English soldiers were doing. It might look vaguely familiar.

P.S. 'NO' vote, I meant to say the votes to leave will win the referendum.

Tell me Angelo, will you still buy goods from Europe and go on holidays there ?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:42:00 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2016, 11:43:31 AM »
That is a matter of opinion Angelo.

The leave campaign is largely rhetoric and with nothing even vaguely quantitative to back up their statements and they have told blatant lies.

Likewise, and I don't deny it, that Cameron has used scare tactics. Whatever happens, he is finished.

I regularly come into contact through my work with people from a variety of backgrounds, and have no problem in doing so.

There are s..mbags in every country as we have seen in the behaviour in France at the Euros.

So please tell me what is our 'national identity' and what 'way of life' is being destroyed.

For a look at a English mentality, take a look at history. On the night before the battle of Agincourt, look at what the English soldiers were doing. It might look vaguely familiar.

The #leave campaign is based on what is happening right now.  Illegal immigrants walk our streets since we can't deport them because of EU laws.  Do you agree with that?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:09:04 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2016, 11:49:04 AM »
The #leave campaign is based on what is happening right now.  Illegal immigrants walk our streets since we can't deport them because of EU laws.  Do you agree with that?

Why can't we deport them ?

They only have a right to the first country they land in. They should be returned to those countries.

Also, it is a FACT, that those who come to this country, either from the EU or elsewhere, are net contributors to the UK economy.

As to the leave campaign, it is using , as Fargage epitomizes, scare tactics.

Like for example 500 million people could come to the UK. He obviously omits that would apply to any other EU country, and of course is PURE BULLSHITTE.

As if 500 million would come here. That is so laughable.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:51:36 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2016, 12:09:18 PM »
Cameron is deffo history, he was forced to concede a referendum when it looked like the Tories were going to lose the general election. He tried to negotiate getting out of the EU but was outvoted and humiliated by eastern European non entities with basket case economies. Now he has tried to sell our country short in order to push the EU down our throats so yes, I don't think the electorate will ever forget what he did.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »
Why can't we deport them ?

They only have a right to the first country they land in. They should be returned to those countries.

Also, it is a FACT, that those who come to this country, either from the EU or elsewhere, are net contributors to the UK economy.

As to the leave campaign, it is using , as Fargage epitomizes, scare tactics.

Like for example 500 million people could come to the UK. He obviously omits that would apply to any other EU country, and of course is PURE BULLSHITTE.

As if 500 million would come here. That is so laughable.

There are almost 90 million people in Europe who could very well join the EU very soon, 70 million alone are from Turkey.  Turkey has been playing a deadly game all along.  They have allowed illegal immigrants to cross over to Greece and Europe almost unhindered.  Now they have negotiated a sweet deal with the EU which will allow easier access for Turks wishing to go to Europe as long as they take back a few illegals.  This is the tip of the iceberg.

Do you want this country (UK) swamped by immigrants?

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »
As I said.

They can only claim asylum in the country they land in.

Those others who try to come here can  be sent to where they landed.

So Angelo, what is exactly our 'national identity'  and  'way of life' you are referring to ?

How do you propose by the way getting rid of illegal immigrants if we leave the EU ?

I also notice the stock market is getting very jittery, and foreign investors are now looking at other European countries to invest in.  This will continue  and especially so on the 24 th June, when the vote will in all likelihood will be to leave.

stephen25000

« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2016, 12:56:23 PM »
There are almost 90 million people in Europe who could very well join the EU very soon, 70 million alone are from Turkey.  Turkey has been playing a deadly game all along.  They have allowed illegal immigrants to cross over to Greece and Europe almost unhindered.  Now they have negotiated a sweet deal with the EU which will allow easier access for Turks wishing to go to Europe as long as they take back a few illegals.  This is the tip of the iceberg.

Do you want this country (UK) swamped by immigrants?

What will stop the Turks coming here, even if we leave the EU  ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2016, 01:27:45 PM »
What will stop the Turks coming here, even if we leave the EU  ?

Strict border controls and not the namby-pamby system which faceless bureaucrats in Brussels have imposed upon us.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2016, 01:31:49 PM »
As I said.

They can only claim asylum in the country they land in.

Those others who try to come here can  be sent to where they landed.

So Angelo, what is exactly our 'national identity'  and  'way of life' you are referring to ?

How do you propose by the way getting rid of illegal immigrants if we leave the EU ?

I also notice the stock market is getting very jittery, and foreign investors are now looking at other European countries to invest in.  This will continue  and especially so on the 24 th June, when the vote will in all likelihood will be to leave.

Sorry Stephen but you must have missed something, that rule was trodden over long ago.  If that was the case immigrants arriving by boat would not have been allowed to get past Greece and Italy.

By foreign investors do you mean the tax exiles and crooks from places like Russia and Saudi Arabia?  London is a money laundering centre for despots and criminals from all over the world, I say good riddance to them.  It is time we took back control!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:43:07 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
Sorry Stephen but you must have missed something, that rule was trodden over long ago.  If that was the case immigrants arriving by boat would not have been allowed to get past Greece and Italy.

By foreign investors do you mean the tax exiles and crooks from places like Russia and Saudi Arabia?  London is a money laundering centre for despots and criminals from all over the world, I say good riddance to them.  It is time we took back control!

Personally, I blame a succession of useless governments, not the EU for controlling our borders, along with the Eurotunnel.

The latter was a big mistake, allowing illegal immigrants, easy access.

P.S. Almost forgot, the reduction in funding for border control. Nothing to do with the EU at all. Just this government and the previous one.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:42:04 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2016, 07:14:43 PM »
Personally, I blame a succession of useless governments, not the EU for controlling our borders, along with the Eurotunnel.

The latter was a big mistake, allowing illegal immigrants, easy access.

P.S. Almost forgot, the reduction in funding for border control. Nothing to do with the EU at all. Just this government and the previous one.

In the south east we never had a problem until the French started prevaricating over the migrants milling around at their ports.  These people are illegals, they have no right of entry to the UK.  To be fair, the poor old French couldn't send them back because it was contrary to EU law.

Any illegal caught in transit to or in the UK should be deported within 24 hours and fingerprinted to ensure they will never get entry.  A zero tolerance approach is what is required.

And another thing, many illegals found in the UK abandoned their children in France.  They are now seeking to be reunited with those same children here in England.  They must think we are f......n stupid!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:18:49 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!