Author Topic: EU membership, should we stay or leave?  (Read 125567 times)

stephen25000

Re: EU membership, should we stay or leave?
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2016, 09:51:17 PM »
You haven't explained your stance yet Stephen.  Do you want your country overrun by thugs from Eastern Europe and the Middle East because if the status quo is maintained that is exactly where it is going?

Well John, can you prove that will happen, or is that just rhetoric ?

Both sides in this debate have told lies.

Are you going to admit the Brexit campaign have told lies ?

stephen25000

« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2016, 09:54:13 PM »
By the way John, we have been  border controls, unfortunately the current government especially has reduced the numbers employed in that area.

Offline Admin

« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2016, 01:07:46 AM »
It is a sad state of affairs that we cannot expell illegal immigrants from our own country because of the EU, every illegal picked up in the Channel, at service areas on the M20 or on the streets of our towns and cities cannot be deported.  Even those convicted of the most serious crimes cannot be sent back to where they came from after they serve their sentences such is the repercussions of having to comply with EU law.  We must take back control of our own country and our own destiny before it is too late.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:13:14 AM by Admin »

stephen25000

« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2016, 08:49:34 AM »
It is a sad state of affairs that we cannot expell illegal immigrants from our own country because of the EU, every illegal picked up in the Channel, at service areas on the M20 or on the streets of our towns and cities cannot be deported.  Even those convicted of the most serious crimes cannot be sent back to where they came from after they serve their sentences such is the repercussions of having to comply with EU law.  We must take back control of our own country and our own destiny before it is too late.

There are a lot of  misconceptions in this case and lies from both sides.

So I will start with two of them.

Let's start with a simple one that we have no border controls .

We do, we live on an island and the seas around us are a natural border control. The only direct link is of course the Euro-tunnel, which has become the focus of attention for illegal immigrants as I thought it would, when it was built. We are also told we cannot control our borders, and that is just pure drivel. We are not part of the  EU Schengen area, which some claim we are, where people from the EU can just walk in to this country as they wish.
The only place where border crossings are not checked is for British or Irish citizens on the Northern Ireland/ Eire border, but those crossing to the mainland by air or ferry, do need photo I.D.

http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/index_en.htm

Second, that Human Rights regulations are borne from the EU. Completely false. in reality 'Human Rights' were brought into UK law by the Labour Government with the Human Rights Act 1998. Also, the Council of Europe in the aftermath of the second world war were responsible for bringing about the European Convention on Human Rights and the UK was part of it's creation.

I'll leave Boris Johnson to his bananas, which is singularly appropriate to him.

More later.

https://medium.com/@seanjones11kbw/i-logged-into-twitter-and-someone-had-posted-this-image-into-my-timeline-5596de6f6311#.lcqrqumhw
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:37:25 AM by stephen25000 »

stephen25000

« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2016, 09:50:44 AM »
From Jo Cox's maiden speech in the House of Commons, June 2015.

stephen25000

« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2016, 10:26:58 AM »
Meanwhile, The leftist BBC practices blatant employment racism with it's diversity quotas, where only Black, Asian & non white ethnics need apply, & no one bats an eyelid.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
Meanwhile, The leftist BBC practices blatant employment racism with it's diversity quotas, where only Black, Asian & non white ethnics need apply, & no one bats an eyelid.

Cobblers. Heard that all before.

Cite.

stephen25000

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:43:58 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline John

« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2016, 10:42:09 AM »
There are a lot of  misconceptions in this case and lies from both sides.

So I will start with two of them.

Let's start with a simple one that we have no border controls .

We do, we live on an island and the seas around us are a natural border control. The only direct link is of course the Euro-tunnel, which has become the focus of attention for illegal immigrants as I thought it would, when it was built. We are also told we cannot control our borders, and that is just pure drivel. We are not part of the  EU Schengen area, which some claim we are, where people from the EU can just walk in to this country as they wish.
The only place where border crossings are not checked is for British or Irish citizens on the Northern Ireland/ Eire border, but those crossing to the mainland by air or ferry, do need photo I.D.

http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/index_en.htm

Second, that Human Rights regulations are borne from the EU. Completely false. in reality 'Human Rights' were brought into UK law by the Labour Government with the Human Rights Act 1998. Also, the Council of Europe in the aftermath of the second world war were responsible for bringing about the European Convention on Human Rights and the UK was part of it's creation.

More later.

The only misconception is that we can go on as we are doing and all will be rosy. 

Nobody has claimed that we have no border controls since to do so would be idiotic.  There are border controls but mostly at international ports and airports where passport and identity checks are routinely carried out.  Staff from the Borders Agency have themselves recently complained that they are undermanned and under resourced.  That in itself just goes to show that the government is complacent when it comes to protecting our borders.  The truth is we cannot protect our borders, illegal immigrants are arriving by boat along the south coast of England and through the Channel Tunnel by various means.  Those detected are few and far between, we never hear of the ones who get through undetected, only those found by accident.

As far as travelling from Ireland to the mainland is concerned it is possible to do so by ferry without providing any form of ID.

The Human Rights Act in the UK merely shadowed European Law.  All EU States had to bring in this legislation in order to give effect to those Regulations and Protocols provided by the European Convention on Human Rights.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2016, 10:50:44 AM »
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/02/bbc-accused-of-racism-for-turning-away-white-applicants-from-bame-diversity-scheme-5919782/

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/07/whites-need-not-apply-bbc-advertises-black-asian-minority-positions/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/668778/katie-hopkins-bbc-lbc

That is truly appalling WS but not surprising.  When tuning in to BBC News the other night I had to doublecheck the channel number as I thought I had inadvertently found BBC Africa.  What the BBC and to a lesser extent Sky News is doing is to artificially represent the cultural and ethnic makeup of the UK.  Maybe its time the silent majority had something to say about this?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:53:31 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

stephen25000

« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2016, 10:52:20 AM »
That is truly appalling WS but not surprising.  When tuning in to BBC News the other night I had to doublecheck the channel number as I thought I had inadvertently found BBC Africa.

Appalling John ??

How many jobs were on offer ?

and for what circumstances ?

Offline John

« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2016, 10:55:12 AM »
Appalling John ??

How many jobs were on offer ?

and for what circumstances ?

It doesn't matter how many jobs were on offer, applicants should be considered on their merits and not their ethnic background.

It will be interesting to see if Cameron tries to postpone the Referendum vote in the light of Jo Cox's murder yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:00:08 AM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2016, 11:01:33 AM »
It doesn't matter how many jobs were on offer, applicants should be considered on their merits and not their ethnic background.

It will be interesting to see if Cameron tries to postpone the Referendum vote in the light of Jo Cox's murder yesterday.

How can the referendum vote day be changed John ?

Merely at a whim ?

It will be interesting to see how the polls develop over the weekend after yesterday.