Author Topic: J B Campaign Ltd - Much Ado About Nothing...  (Read 320826 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: J B Campaign Ltd - Much Ado About Nothing...
« Reply #1230 on: February 13, 2020, 03:26:49 PM »
Has anyone read the petition update featured on the petition site

“PETITION UPDATE

#JeremyBamber Campaigner Trudi's Speech at Liberty AGM - the #OpenJusticeCharter

The Jeremy Bamber Official Campaign

20 JUN 2017 — Jeremy Bamber campaigner Trudi Benjamin and patron Dr Dennis Eady presented the "Open Justice Charter" to Liberty at their AGM in Sheffield on Saturday 13th May 2017.

Video: https://youtu.be/ZWp1MCkzKSk

Also see: Destruction of court records 'hampers miscarriage of justice inquiries' https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/jan/31/destruction-of-court-records-hampers-miscarriage-of-justice-inquiries?CMP=share_btn_tw

Trudi's Summer Update: http://bambercampaign.blogspot.co.uk/

We’re almost half way through the year already so here’s a quick update on the campaign activity so far in 2017.

The limited company is reaching its 18-month maturity, which will see the submission of our first set of accounts to date. Donations are still coming in although not with quite so much frequency as we saw towards the end of last year. Nevertheless, funding has been achieved for two more forensic reports which are about to be commissioned totalling £3,420. As we haven’t reached the full amount we were expecting the funds were allocated to reports within our current price range.

Our Forensic Liaison Manager Yvonne tells me in addition to this some of our scientists are working pro-bono and with confidence in their findings and Jeremy’s innocence have in turn recruited other scientists to aid our cause. Altogether there are currently 11 scientists working through material and contributing reports to ensure a robust submission to the CCRC can be made. This approach will prevent gaps in the evidence and ensures that Jeremy’s innocence cannot and will not be undermined. Submissions will also warrant and demand disclosure of evidence currently withheld by Essex Police. It is in light of this that prosecution witnesses who wish to change their testimony should come forward now.

On the campaign trail this year there have been new videos from supporters, including the fascinating ‘Timeline’ and one of our Patrons Mike O’Brien discussed the importance of Jeremy having access to a filmed interview based on Mike's own circumstances when he was campaigning for release. Peter Tatchell has also been proactive in speaking to media about his letter to Essex Police for disclosure of material and continues to support Jeremy’s right to access the evidence of his innocence. Dr Dennis Eady and myself are speaking at the Liberty conference in Sheffield on Saturday the 13th of May in the hope of gaining the organization’s support for prisoners who are currently being refused disclosure of evidence. Our team effort to aid Jeremy in his release is relentless and growing in momentum every day. My interest in the case parallels the work I’m doing for my Law Degree, the penultimate year of which commences later in the autumn.

It won’t be long before Jeremy is released thanks to so many contributions in many different ways from a diverse number of people all pledging their support.

Trudi Benjamin, director, JB Campaign Ltd

Thank you for your continued support.

The Jeremy Bamber Official Campaign (JB Campaign Ltd)

Would be interested to know if Trudi Benjamin and Dennis Eady have spoken about the Stephen Downing case

The link to the Owen Bowcott article in the Guardian is interesting

Investigations into miscarriages of justice are being hampered by premature destruction of court records, according to a campaign aimed at improving transparency in the criminal justice system.

The Open Justice Charter is calling for restrictions on access to evidence to be lifted and courtroom recordings of prosecutions to be made available for free to prisoners appealing against their convictions.

The campaign is being launched at a meeting in parliament on Tuesday, at which the US defence lawyer Dean Strang, who featured in the acclaimed Netflix series Making a Murderer, will talk about miscarriage of justice problems on both sides of the Atlantic.

(http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9318.msg571270#msg571270)

Strang represented Steven Avery, a Wisconsin man who spent 18 years in jail for a crime he did not commit, only to be convicted of murder on his release. The documentary focused on failures in the US criminal justice system but also reached a large British audience.

The Open Justice Charter, supported by lawyers who have worked on innocence projects in both the US and the UK, calls for court recordings to be preserved for at least seven years after the end of any prison term and a transcript of the judge’s summing up to be kept permanently and made publicly available.

Recordings of crown court hearings are not routinely transcribed for review and are destroyed after five years. Digital recordings are only held for seven years under Ministry of Justice guidelines.

British criminal justice standards lag behind those in even “the poorest states” of the US, one of the charter’s authors, Emily Bolton, of the the London-based Centre for Criminal Appeals (CCA), claims.

Bolton, who used to work on death row cases in the US, is the CCA’s legal director. The other authors are Marika Henneberg, a law lecturer from Portsmouth University, Dr Dennis Eady, of Cardiff School of Law, and the journalist Louise Shorter, who formerly worked as a producer on the BBC’s Rough Justice series.

The charter also calls for prisoners to be able to receive visits from journalists so they can talk about the appeals they are making. For the media, access to inmates has become more and more restricted.

The veteran human rights lawyer Michael Mansfield QC, who acted for the Hillsborough families in their reopened inquest, is supporting the campaign. “The steady stream of British justice is in danger of becoming no more than a trickle,” he said.

“It has already been deprived of the necessary public funding for basic access and protection of rights. Equally important is access to the record of proceedings, and case documentation, without which injustice can be washed away.

“The biggest challenge to our justice system in recent years has been delivered by the Hillsborough inquests. That was accomplished by disclosure and re-examination of documents. Shining the light on such matters rarely comes from inside the system itself but from the tireless efforts of those on the outside, invariably the victims and survivors often empowered by intrepid journalists. The need for this charter is now more important than ever.”

Police records held in Home Office large major enquiry system (Holmes) database should be opened up to help those appealing to the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) to challenge their conviction, the charter recommends. Holmes, however, only contains information relating to the most serious crimes.

Controlled access, the charter also says, should be given to experts who need to re-examine forensic exhibits on behalf of those who believe they have been victims of a miscarriage of justice. The records of the CCRC and any decision it has made on any applicant should also be open to inspection.

“In the course of trying to identify who has been wrongfully convicted and who has not, we’ve been continually frustrated at the lack of transparency in the British justice system,” argues Bolton in an article in the Justice Gap magazine. “It is a complete roadblock to investigating miscarriages of justice ... What is the British system afraid of? It’s a public trial, and there should be an accessible record of it.”

Court recordings have been stored on digital databases since 2011. The charter comes in the wake of warnings that cuts to legal aid, including raising the means-tested threshold for entitlement, could increase the number of unrepresented defendants, leading to more miscarriages of justice.

Responding to the charter, the CCRC said that it supports the principle of open justice and last year called for transcripts to be held for longer than five years. “We do quite often find that the tapes or transcripts of proceedings in which we are interested have been destroyed in line with the five-year retention period currently operated by court reporters.”

But Justin Hawkins, the CCRC’s head of communications, added: “There is a real danger that, if the commission could be required to disclose material in circumstances that the originators of that material could not, we would lose the hard-won trust of the many organisations from which we obtain information such as the security services, the police, prosecution and courts. If we lost that trust, our ability to obtain that information would be compromised.

“The commission would also be wary of any arrangements that would divert our attention and resources away from our casework. Given that we typically have around 600 cases under review at any one time, it is not easy to imagine how we could manage a complex disclosure regime – with on-site viewing and independent arbitration – of the kind outlined in the charter without those requirements significantly interfering with our ability to make progress with the cases themselves.”

A Ministry of Justice spokesperson said: “We have a world-leading legal system and we are committed to upholding and strengthening the principle of open justice.

“We are investing over £1bn to reform our courts, and as part of that modernisation programme we will ensure everyone has the opportunity to access and understand hearings that take place both within court buildings and online.”
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 03:44:59 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1231 on: February 14, 2020, 11:39:55 AM »
Aunt Agatha stated:
Re: Jeremy Bamber: the Prelude, the Tragedy and the Aftermath
« Reply #737 on: April 13, 2016, 09:25:PM »
I do understand where you're coming from.

This was all a very long time ago - he gave me loads of things.

The police arrived with rifle
, wetsuit, camera, all granny's paperwork and granny's handmade box, and over the years he's made many things for me.
Paintings (numerous), books, cassette tapes...and more.

Must find that watch! It's not where I thought it would be. Hmm!
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,3851.msg358280.html#msg358280

So did she have a gun licence?

More importantly why did Bamber allegedly hand out exhibits seemingly from his murder trial?

When I asked her,‘Why didn't the police process the film in his camera?’

She replied,

‘I have no idea. Why give me a rifle? I don't know!’

What rifle was it and why give it to AA?

I asked her,

Didn't you ask them why?

Her reply,

No. We were stunned that they even agreed to give them in the first place. Once I had received them we never mentioned them in writing (I don't think). Maybe they overlooked it....I really don't know and I was not going to ask.

Something else Bamber allegedly told AA,

Based on what we knew at the beginning we believed the silencer was used........upon revelations he changed his mind.  When we last spoke he believed the silencer was not used.”
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,3851.msg358367.html#msg358367

We were stunned that they even agreed to give them in the first place.”

Doesn’t this suggest these items were requested by Bamber to be given to Aunt Agatha

Before the CT started their crusade to attempt to obtain further disclosure they really should have carried out an infantry of some description in order to appreciate the full sequence of events and see the bigger picture, especially in relation to exhibits and Bamber’s behaviour concerning them
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:18:33 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1232 on: February 14, 2020, 12:16:29 PM »
We were stunned that they even agreed to give them in the first place.”

Doesn’t this suggest these items were requested by Bamber to be given to Aunt Agatha

Before the CT started their crusade to attempt to obtain further disclosure they really should have carried out an infantry of some description in order to appreciate the full sequence of events and see the bigger picture

What’s the back story?

Why was Bamber seemingly asking for these items to be handed to AA and were any of them exhibits?

Simon Hall tried for years to get certain seized items back from the police (via me and others). Could they have had the potential to incriminate him further maybe

Aunt Agatha claims it was just her and Bamber ‘back then’ and I suspect there’s a lot she doesn’t want to divulge; which is her prerogative

The thing is, the police will have a record of the items she was given and when and there may even be notes made on Bamber’s security records - as there may well be in relation to Daisy, of how and why their ‘relationship’ came to an end

Maybe they overlooked it....I really don't know and I was not going to ask.”

Why was Aunt Agatha ‘not going to ask’?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:29:53 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Myster

« Reply #1233 on: February 14, 2020, 01:04:06 PM »
To retain the Anschutz, AA would need a firearms licence renewed every five years, each application being signed by two referees who are not family or police officers.  Not sure if this now applies to deactivated weapons though.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1234 on: February 14, 2020, 01:16:55 PM »
To retain the Anschutz, AA would need a firearms licence renewed every five years, each application being signed by two referees who are not family or police officers.  Not sure if this now applies to deactivated weapons though.

Wonder what advise Bamber gave her regarding the rifle?

Bamber and the new CT were foolish to shut her out as they appear to have done
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:19:12 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Myster

« Reply #1235 on: February 14, 2020, 01:40:44 PM »

As Jeremy Bamber never had a firearms licence of his own, I can't see why the police would give the rifle to AA if she (or one of her relatives) didn't have one either. 
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #1236 on: February 14, 2020, 01:42:04 PM »

The rifle is in what they call the 'black museum' - or it was. There is no way either that or the silencer would have been given to AA.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1237 on: February 14, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »
As Jeremy Bamber never had a firearms licence of his own, I can't see why the police would give the rifle to AA if she (or one of her relatives) didn't have one either.

So has Aunt Agatha made it up about the ‘rifle’ ?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1238 on: February 14, 2020, 02:42:42 PM »
The rifle is in what they call the 'black museum' - or it was. There is no way either that or the silencer would have been given to AA.

‘THE’ rifle indeed Caroline

I couldn’t imagine the police giving Aunt Agatha the rifle; so what rifle was she given by the police and when?

Or has she made it up; who knows ?

What’s interesting however is according to her, around the time she was acquainted to Bamber,

Based on what we knew at the beginning we believed the silencer was used

I’m of the opinion Bamber betrayed Aunt Agatha because she unknowingly helped expose his true nature and intent

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:57:48 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #1239 on: February 14, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »
So has Aunt Agatha made it up about the ‘rifle’ ?

I think he had an air rifle so she might be talking about that.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1240 on: February 14, 2020, 02:56:28 PM »
I think he had an air rifle so she might be talking about that.

Surprised she’s chosen to not set the record straight. We communicated on Facebook and around that time she was having to use a pseudonym through fear of retaliation.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1241 on: February 14, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »
Hi All,

I'm just popping in to check for any developments, but totally dead here and it appears to me that the glory days of his campaign seem well and truly over, with just a thin smattering of die hard supporters left. It's surely bob hope and no hope territory now.
It made me wonder if he were to confess and finally show remorse, would they release him, for example, 20-30 years down the road as a frail octogenarian posing no threat to society?

Yes I know he was sentenced to life means life, but taking into account the ECHR ruling, and it appears we may not even leave the EU after all. They said Harry Roberts would never be released and after 48 years he got out (his crimes arguably as heinous) David Macgreavy killed infants and got paroled after about 40 years.

Surely Bamber must be considering it ? Had he pleaded guilty at trial would he have been given the possibility of release ? I'm just thinking aloud really but having been so cocksure of himself for so many years, at nearly 60 is he finally facing up to the prospect of dying in jail ?

The prospect of hobbling into Tesco's on a zimmer and buying that Mango he always dreamed of must be tempting ??

Michelle Diskin Bates refers to ‘the shepherd bush murders’ in her book ‘Stand Against Injustice’ - interestingly she doesn’t use the name ‘Harry Roberts’ but claimed her and her younger siblings witnessed the shootings.

Roberts' name has been used for many years to antagonise the police, with chants like "Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts" as well as "He shot three down in Shepherd's Bush, Shepherd's Bush, Shepherd's Bush. He shot three down in Shepherd's Bush, our mate Harry" (to the tune of "London Bridge Is Falling Down"),[24][25][26][27] which originated with groups of young people outside Shepherd's Bush police station after Roberts had been arrested
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Roberts_(criminal)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:07:18 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1242 on: February 14, 2020, 11:30:07 PM »
Jeremy Bamber Campaign: Why Jeremy is Innocent: An e-Book of the Information on Our Web Site (3rd Edn) Kindle Edition
by Trudi Benjamin (Author), Lorna Lake (Author), Sarah Hanover (Author), Matt Paddock (Author), Yvonne Hartley (Author), Heidi Hawkins (Author)

The eBook of the Official Jeremy Bamber Campaign website is the only publication of the latest evidence showing Jeremy Bamber to be an innocent man and his case is one of the greatest Miscarriages of Justice in UK history.

The CT ebook is already on its 3rd edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeremy-Bamber-Campaign-Book-Information-ebook/dp/B013HX1ES8
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:32:15 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #1243 on: February 14, 2020, 11:53:01 PM »
Jeremy Bamber Campaign: Why Jeremy is Innocent: An e-Book of the Information on Our Web Site (3rd Edn) Kindle Edition
by Trudi Benjamin (Author), Lorna Lake (Author), Sarah Hanover (Author), Matt Paddock (Author), Yvonne Hartley (Author), Heidi Hawkins (Author)

The eBook of the Official Jeremy Bamber Campaign website is the only publication of the latest evidence showing Jeremy Bamber to be an innocent man and his case is one of the greatest Miscarriages of Justice in UK history.

The CT ebook is already on its 3rd edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeremy-Bamber-Campaign-Book-Information-ebook/dp/B013HX1ES8

The book is pants but some of the reviews are hilarious  @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline steve_trousers

« Reply #1244 on: February 15, 2020, 01:01:17 AM »
Michelle Diskin Bates refers to ‘the shepherd bush murders’ in her book ‘Stand Against Injustice’ - interestingly she doesn’t use the name ‘Harry Roberts’ but claimed her and her younger siblings witnessed the shootings.

Roberts' name has been used for many years to antagonise the police, with chants like "Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts" as well as "He shot three down in Shepherd's Bush, Shepherd's Bush, Shepherd's Bush. He shot three down in Shepherd's Bush, our mate Harry" (to the tune of "London Bridge Is Falling Down"),[24][25][26][27] which originated with groups of young people outside Shepherd's Bush police station after Roberts had been arrested
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Roberts_(criminal)

Roberts not only had not the faintest remorse but revelled at the notoriety it brought him. Worshipped by that pond life subculture we have in Britain, the irrational hatred of the police just because they get caught for their wrongdoing by them.
The police federation were determined that life should mean life in his case and persistently petitioned the parole board at every opportunity.
He was almost released 10 years earlier, until he directed his followers to kill and mutilate animals on his behalf, when a kind couple who were hosting him on day release blew the whistle on his manipulation of them. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/5182769/Jack-Straw-faces-questions-over-alleged-intimidation-by-police-killer-Harry-Roberts.html

As for Diskin Bates, that's interesting if Barry witnessed that dreadful crime. After reading some of your posts about her involvement with the Bamber case, I had to go and have a look at her brother again....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 04:33:12 AM by steve_trousers »