Author Topic: Luke Mitchell Theories  (Read 98668 times)

Offline Rusty

Re: Luke Mitchell Theories
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2019, 02:18:10 PM »
Interesting. AllanM? Study this site properly when I finish off area, presently working on. Did Ms Lean state categorically that she had only used Jigsawman, Angeline and other forms of her real name, S Lean, Sandra, Dr? Could simply be someone copying her 'word for word' repeatedly. Who ever it is, for someone not personally involved in any way, shows passive-aggressive behaviour.

Yes it could very well be somebody else copying word for word, however I find this unlikely due to the way the 2 users in question answered other posters directly. I have seen a post to her admitting  the alias that you mention, but I've seen nothing admitting to Jigsaw, but it is no secret she was not alone, Mr Middleton could also be behind several of these accounts.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2019, 03:30:06 PM »
I don’t  understand why lots of people seem to be so against a retrial? (Of course other than the pain it was cause Jodi’s family opening the whole thing up again, they are sure the right person is already serving justice) but there are 2 sides and everyone deserves a fair trial, I’m not sure Luke had one.

To date, it has been proven in a court of law Luke Mitchell had a far trial.

With hindsight, Simon Halls trial clearly wasn’t fair because his crime wasn’t related to a burglary gone wrong.

Doesn’t make him innocent. Nor does it mean his conviction should have been quashed or a retrial ordered.

A couple of years ago, in response to a poster re Sandra Lean, I stated:
There is nothing kind or sensible in Sandra Leans stance displayed here regarding Simon Hall's confession/guilt

Sandra Lean responded here http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8086.msg388012.html#msg388012
Not from your perspective, no.
I consider it pretty sensible to ask questions when things don't add up properly. I'm sure lots of people perceive truth-seeking as "unkind," but that's the nature of the society we've become - we'd rather shoot the messenger than hear the message.
Just because you don't like the questions I ask, that doesn't make me unkind for asking them. Makes me sensible!

sensible
/ˈsɛnsɪb(ə)l/
adjective
done or chosen in accordance with wisdom or prudence; likely to be of benefit.

Sandra Lean did not show wisdom by choosing to behave the way she did when she did. Though she may have thought it at the time and may still hold on to this belief?

perspective
(pəʳspektɪv  )
Word forms: plural perspectives
1. countable noun
A particular perspective is a particular way of thinking about something, especially one that is influenced by your beliefs or experiences

What perspective was Sandra Lean referring to?

More importantly, how would it have been possible for Sandra Lean, or anyone else for that matter, to comprehend the way I thought?

And how would if have been possible for Sandra Lean to know how my thoughts may have been influenced by my beliefs or experiences?

Truth seeking refers to intellectual honesty, desire for best knowledge, the inclination to ask challenging questions and to follow the reasons and evidence. I don’t see these qualities in Sandra Lean.

She has shown me she is lacking in ethical and moral integrity by how she chose to behave regarding Simon Halls guilt and her attitude at the time.

Integrity is the practice of being honest and showing a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values.[1][2][3] In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions. Integrity can stand in opposition to hypocrisy,[4] in that judging with the standards of integrity involves regarding internal consistency as a virtue, and suggests that parties holding within themselves apparently conflicting values should account for the discrepancy or alter their beliefs. The word integrity evolved from the Latin adjective integer, meaning whole or complete.[1] In this context, integrity is the inner sense of "wholeness" deriving from qualities such as honesty and consistency of character. As such, one may judge that others "have integrity" to the extent that they act according to the values, beliefs and principles they claim to hold.

I do not know if Sandra Leans mistake, error of judgement or whatever you want to call it over not recognising Simon Halls guilt, as it played out, was down to ignorance or a misguided belief? I’ve no idea if she’s still in denial, whether or not she’s quietly accepted the fact she was conned or whether she cares one way or another?

However;
In the psychological sense, denial is a defense mechanism in which a person, faced with a painful fact, rejects the reality of that fact. They will insist that the fact is not true despite what may be overwhelming and irrefutable evidence.
There are three forms of denial. Simple denial is when the painful fact is denied altogether. Minimisational denial is when the painful fact is admitted but its seriousness is downplayed. Transference denial is when the painful fact is admitted, the seriousness also admitted, but one's moral responsibility in the situation involving the painful fact is downplayed.
When a person is in denial, they engage in distractive or escapist strategies to reduce stress and help them cope. The effect upon psychological well-being in doing this is unclear.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29/the_odd_body_denial/

Again no idea what category Sandra Lean would consider she falls under here but my question would be, how have her “defence mechanisms” impacted on her understanding of the Luke Mitchell case?

It’s of course up to others what they choose to think or believe and these are merely my opinions and observations.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:38:46 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2019, 05:35:17 PM »
I do not believe she would deliberately lie, as then that defeats the whole purpose of the justice she seeks plus why would she? I’m still on the fence on the whole thing there are points from both sides I agree and disagree with.

There’s a list here http://www.angelfire.com/ks2/fallacies/fallinf.htm of the numerous “erroneous methods of inference” or approaches to the truth from stated arguments (mostly classical) by forms which often lead to error.
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2019, 06:07:53 PM »
When it comes to info Sandra provides, we have to remember she is one of the few folk that had access to the records and so much more. She does not need to answer anyone’s questions or provide any information and I’m just glad she does even after all the stuff that gets posted about her. I have found she always says if the info is accurate or if she can’t remember. It’s usually times and places I’m interested which she has always kindly provided answers to where she can. She may put her interpretation in the information she provides but is that not why we are all here, to share each other’s interpretation of all the info that’s out there, I think we are all guilty of that. I may not always agree with her views etc but that applies to a lot of folk on these forums for me. I do not believe she would deliberately lie, as then that defeats the whole purpose of the justice she seeks plus why would she? I’m still on the fence on the whole thing there are points from both sides I agree and disagree with.

There’s a list here http://www.angelfire.com/ks2/fallacies/fallinf.htm of the numerous “erroneous methods of inference” or approaches to the truth from stated arguments (mostly classical) by forms which often lead to error.

I still stand by my above statement. As I said before we just need to agree to disagree, I trust Sandra, you do not. Please can you stop posting stuff about Sandra and the Simon Hall case also, these are threads about Luke Mitchell, I think your point has been made. I suggest starting another thread focusing on the similarities in the 2 cases and Sandra’s “failures”  if you wish to keep making these kind of posts. Just my opinion.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2019, 06:59:03 PM »
Luke/ Ms Mitchell said in the first few instances of being questioned that he arrived home at 9, left again when going out to search. A witness came forward claiming they had see Luke out with the dog around 10pm. This was omitted from both the appellant and Ms Mitchells statements. Again dismissed as being lies by Ms Lean.

Revert back to my previous post and all that may or not ring true. My disbelief in what Ms Lean puts forward in blatant play on words and selectiveness backed up with the continuous attack on all evidence against this laddie. Far better and without bias to admit the reality of what was proven to be evident. The road to justice is NOT paved with blinkers or unwarranted halos.

Be real, be honest, be just.  "Oh! What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

For me, it’s like history repeating itself  *&^^&

Corrine Mitchell most definitely went to mention it in her podcast with James English then obviously realised she’d slipped and got away with it.

She even tried to minimise Luke leaving the house between 9pm and 10pm by saying he was out”2 seconds”.

Why has no one pulled Corrine aside in an attempt to reason with her, that’s what I don’t understand? Doesn’t anyone care? 

“The court earlier heard of a six-hour police interview with Luke Mitchell where he was asked why he had not contacted Jodi when she failed to turn up to meet him as arranged.
Detective Sergeant George Thomson told the court Luke Mitchell had told them that he thought Jodi had met somebody else and had gone off with them.
But prosecutor Alan Turnbull QC put it to him that: "These two youngsters had met up every night, if they could, and she had only once before failed to keep an arrangement."
Sgt Thomson replied: "That is correct."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4135539.stm

Can someone please explain why Corrine Mitchell thought [Name removed] had died of natural causes?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 08:18:42 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »
Its the same poor tactics they've been using for years on the deleted wap forum, mostly the same small group of people doing same stuff minus billy, or is he still there...  and the ones who left when they realised luke was guilty and seen first hand how they operate.

Why doesnt sandra post here under her own name?

It appears that way to me too!

"Luke has been in jail for four years now. He went in as a 15-year-old, now he's 19 and a young man," she says.
"But he doesn't know how to be a typical 19-year-old. He hasn't been into a pub with his pals, he's not been out clubbing.
"It's going to be a long process for him when he comes out because he was just a laddie when he went inside

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/my-son-s-bed-is-ready-for-him-1-1240411

Could it be she had already recognised he also didn’t know how to be a typical 14 year old?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2019, 07:22:20 PM »
Interesting article, would not take it all as fact. I don't trust the media, full of misinterprets to gain an audience. However IF parts of the article are to be, believed.  This Knife found in 2015, are we to believe that this has never been examined before?

Theory here. Let's put a big IF on this having anything to do with this case. IMO this would lead me to believe that the person/s responsible are either locked up or dead. IF again a big IF this were the weapon, then it would not have been left here to be found at a later date. Not exactly buried well under ground???!!!

Interesting to see yet another avenue closed down with MOJ . Pity for if anything could have been done to fight this laddies cause (IF Innocent) these IMO would have been that chance. A fair organisation not led by misleading information.

2 hours ago
Miscarriages of justice charity stripped of lottery funding
“A charity that fights wrongful convictions has had its National Lottery funding stopped and is being probed by the Scottish Government over concerns about how it is run.
The Miscarriage of Justice Organisation - known as MOJO - was awarded £120,000 by the lottery's community fund but the offer has been withdrawn.
A National Lottery Community Fund spokesperson said: "Due to ongoing governance issues, we are unable to provide MOJO with funding at this time. We welcome a further conversation with them once these issues have been addressed.
"The decision to offer the award of £120,000 was made in April 2019. Our formal withdrawal letter was issued this week."
Glasgow-based MOJO was formed by Paddy Hill, one of six men wrongly convicted of the IRA pub bombings in Birmingham in 1975.
MOJO is due to receive £105,000 of taxpayers' money from the Scottish Government this year with at least as much agreed for each of the next two years.
The government's criminal justice division has begun an investigation, with a spokesman saying: "The Scottish Government provides funding to MOJO Scotland to provide support to people who may have suffered a miscarriage of justice.
"Concerns have been raised with us about their governance and management structures, which are currently subject to an investigation."
Hill launched the charity in 2001 and it is run by volunteers and two paid employees. One of them, Paul McLaughlin, is on sick leave. He declined to comment.
Management committee member Colin Grant said: "It's got to the stage now where I think MOJO has possibly gone too far, I think it's possibly imploded so much it may well be beyond salvation.
My understanding is that a charity which is receiving public funds needs to have an independent management committee to oversee how these funds are being used to make sure they are being used properly and at the moment there isn't a functioning management committee there."
Scottish Lib Dem leader Willie Rennie MSP, a MOJO director since 2011, didn't respond to an STV News interview request.
Governance issues arose in April when volunteer and "head of legal" Euan McIlvride attempted to change the charity's constitution.
Management committee members, including company secretary and director Billy McAllister, blocked the move and called for independent legal advice.
McAllister also raised concerns about whether it would be appropriate to offer paid employment to McIlvride due to a previous conviction for embezzlement while working as a solicitor.
Three new directors were appointed - including Hill's partner Tara Babel - and McAllister was voted out while on holiday.
Grant said after the April meeting "all hell broke loose", adding: "Billy, who has been a director of the organisation and secretary, was summarily dismissed without any consultation [and] the co-project manager Paul McLaughlin was effectively demoted.
"The lottery funding which we'd been promised was stopped. The lottery fund decided to not give us any more money because of the problems we were having within the organisation structurally.
"The Scottish Government have now launched an investigation into how MOJO is being run and none of that was communicated to the management committee - we all learned this from outside sources."
McIlvride told STV News McAllister was removed "entirely in compliance with the relevant legislation" and because of "serious failures and misconduct in the exercise of his roles... and for separate misconduct in the form of bullying and intimidation of staff and volunteers in the organisation".
He added: "It is entirely untrue to suggest, as you appear to do, that Mr McAllister was removed as a result of his raising concerns about myself. My entire history was disclosed to MOJO... in advance of my volunteering with the organisation."
McAllister, who denies the allegations, said: "I think they saw me as the main instigator to getting the concerns raised and they went after me. I have been forced out without any due process and I feel bitter about that because I've given seven or eight years of my time for nothing.
"As a famous football manager once said, there's no man bigger than the club and I think I said that to them - the organisation was bigger than any one person.
"I would like MOJO to return to how it was... an open, democratic and accountable structure."
Grant added: "One of the most ironic things about MOJO is that it was set up to try and provide victims of miscarriage of justice with a voice and yet the way it's been behaving with regard to Billy McAllister and Paul McLaughlin shows that it doesn't actually practise what it preaches because it's denied them justice."
Hill also declined to be interviewed but in a statement said McIlvride "made no secret" of his conviction and called him "honest and reliable".
He added: "As far as our clients are concerned, many have expressed their gratitude for all of Mr McIlvride's efforts in helping them and have confidence in the work he is undertaking on their behalf."
McIlvride was convicted of fraud and embezzlement but some charges were later overturned on appeal.
He said: "Given that I spent a period of time in prison as a result of miscarriage of justice, I personally think that my experience is one which enhances my suitability for the role that I exercise with this organisation."
'Giving false hope to people'
A campaigner fighting to overturn a high-profile murder conviction has accused MOJO of betraying potential miscarriages of justice victims.
Dr Sandra Lean said it was "really exciting" when MOJO asked to get involved with Luke Mitchell case two years ago.
Mitchell was jailed for the 2003 murder of Jodi Jones, 14, but continues to protest his innocence.
Lean said: "It was really exciting news. It looked like the case was getting picked up again, it looked like there was going to be some real progress here."
However, last month Mitchell's mother Corinne blasted MOJO for "doing nothing" since taking on her son's case and recovered his case files from their office.
Lean told STV News: "Part of the problem was the promises being made were not being kept. The case review itself was something of a farce. There was no central strategy. There was no planned route to how this review was going to take place.
"The idea of having the Luke Mitchell case, this huge case on their books, was good publicity for them."
The campaigners say that the alleged failings may have harmed Mitchell's case.
Lean added: "I was going to say it's a disaster but if they're not doing the work, they're giving false hope to people and that, in the circumstances these people are in, that it shocking, that is dreadful.
"I believe that some real damage has been done. There are a couple of things that should have been acted on very quickly, that were not and in spite of a number of promptings, a number of questions, a number of attempts to get something done, there just didn't seem to be the will to do what needed doing and some of that now means that routes forward that should have been available may no longer be available."
In response, McIlvride said: "We are aware of the criticism recently levelled at us by Mrs Corrine Mitchell.
"We do not consider it justified, but would not propose to rehearse the arguments in the context of what is, essentially, an unwarranted attack on myself, and, worse, the charity, by parties who are motivated to do us harm."
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1439054-miscarriages-of-justice-charity-stripped-of-lottery-funding/

Will be interesting to see what Michelle Diskin Bates makes of all this.

Plus, she had recently pledged all monies from her book interviews as a thank you to them for putting together the submissions to the CCRC that got the ball rolling to help overturn her brother Barry George’s murder conviction.

”We are indebted, as always, to our friend and supporter Michelle Diskin Bates, who is currently in the course of a speaking tour to promote her book “Stand Against Injustice”.

Michelle has generously offered to pass to MOJO all donations received at her readings. Michelle and her husband Peter are greatly valued by this organisation for their contribution to the work that we do.

From all of us at MOJO, a sincere “thank you”
https://mojoscotland.org/stand-against-injustice/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:46:50 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2019, 12:38:27 PM »
Miscarriages of justice charity stripped of lottery funding
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1439054-miscarriages-of-justice-charity-stripped-of-lottery-funding/

Apart from STVnews (https://mobile.twitter.com/STVNews/status/1147175928654630912) it appears only Russell Findlay from the Sun has picked up on the and tweeted, with the bylines:

Meltdown at MOJO (Miscarriage of Justice Organisation charity) >> Lottery money stopped >> Scottish Government probe >> Legal chief's previous conviction >> Campaigners accuse MOJO of betrayal

Russell Findlay
@RussellFindlay1
EXCL
@STVNews
 >> Meltdown at MOJO (Miscarriage of Justice Organisation charity) >> Lottery money stopped >> Scottish Government probe >> Legal chief's previous conviction >> Campaigners accuse MOJO of betrayal
MOJO meltdown: Lottery money stopped for injustice charity
stv.tv
5:38 pm · 5 Jul 2019 · Twitter Ads Composer
 Retweets
https://mobile.twitter.com/RussellFindlay1/status/1147183013043888128
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 01:06:19 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2019, 01:46:51 PM »
To date, it has been proven in a court of law Luke Mitchell had a far trial.

With hindsight, Simon Halls trial clearly wasn’t fair because his crime wasn’t related to a burglary gone wrong.

Doesn’t make him innocent. Nor does it mean his conviction should have been quashed or a retrial ordered.
I still stand by my above statement. As I said before we just need to agree to disagree, I trust Sandra, you do not. Please can you stop posting stuff about Sandra and the Simon Hall case also, these are threads about Luke Mitchell, I think your point has been made. I suggest starting another thread focusing on the similarities in the 2 cases and Sandra’s “failures”  if you wish to keep making these kind of posts. Just my opinion.

Intellectual dishonesty was what gained Simon Halls conviction imo. The police knew he was guilty, couldn’t prove a sexual motive, so chose to pursue it as a burglary gone wrong.

Surely attempting to fight Luke Mitchell’s case by being intellectually dishonest, as I see it, is like fighting fire with fire?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
The Marilyn Manson calendar

I’m guessing the calendar was brought by Luke Mitchell’s “fathers new wife” for his birthday? 24th July

How long had Luke & Shane’s dad been remarried? Was he newly married or is this how Corrine Mitchell refers to her?

Could he have been given it early? Was he still visiting his dad and stepmother every weekend leading up to the murder or was Corrine Mitchell embellishing again in her podcast?

Could the reason it ended up in the bin have anything to do with the possibility he didn’t like her or get on with her? Or may have been influenced by his mum Corrine?

Surely Luke’s stepmother would have knowledge of Luke’s tastes etc?

Wouldn’t she have asked Luke’s dad for ideas of what to buy him, if she didn’t know?

What did their witness statements say about Luke’s personality?

Luke Mitchell turned 15 24 days after the murder.

Surely someone knows the answer to these questions?

In her podcast with James English Sandra Lean mentions how Luke threw the calendar in the bin.

So why did he throw it in the bin? Was that his way of showing contempt for his dads partner?

It makes no difference it was received after the murder, it’s relevant - and you don’t need to be a police officer to understand why.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:31:50 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2019, 05:06:27 PM »
(https://mobile.twitter.com/STVNews/status/1147175928654630912)

William Beck
@WullieBeck
·
3h
Replying to
@STVNews
Their remit does not include actively fighting miscarriages of justice.
They do not have the ability to do so.
Can anyone tell me a case they have successfully helped to win an appeal ?

That’s why I found it interesting when it was publicised a year or so ago they’d taken on the Luke Mitchell case.

MOJO told me this in 2013

It was MOJO who put together the initial submissions to the CCRC in the Barry George case.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:08:47 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Rusty

« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2019, 02:20:26 AM »
I notice the 2 famous interviews from James English has been deleted, i presume they were anyway, did James come to realize he backed the wrong horse?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2019, 12:53:08 PM »
William Beck
@WullieBeck
·
3h
Replying to
@STVNews
Their remit does not include actively fighting miscarriages of justice.
They do not have the ability to do so.
Can anyone tell me a case they have successfully helped to win an appeal ?

That’s why I found it interesting when it was publicised a year or so ago they’d taken on the Luke Mitchell case.

MOJO told me this in 2013

It was MOJO who put together the initial submissions to the CCRC in the Barry George case.

Their remit does not include actively fighting miscarriages of justice. They do not have the ability to do so.

So what changed between 2013 to date?

Did anything change or are we being given the impression it had changed; and if so by whom?

Or is it just a rue?

Surely Luke Mitchell/Corrine Mitchell were aware of MOJO’s remit? Why choose MOJO?

It appears Luke Mitchell/Corrine Mitchell went to them for help after something happened between them and Sandra Lean/WAP? Or were they always in communications with them?

But what happened in between?

Was it
a)
When the commission refused to refer the case back - I had no idea what else could be done. With a case as strong as we put forward..... ” and I didn’t know what else I could do emotions were running high obviously it was a major blow that they refused to refer it back but I didn’t know where we could go after that..

b)
”Unfortunately, shortly before the SCCRC refusal, at a time when she knew it's decision was imminent, Sandra came to a point whereby she was no longer prepared to carry on and wrote to Luke explaining why.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4792.msg543301#msg543301

c) a combination of the above?

or

d) something else?

Re: http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10768.msg542976#msg542976 - Sandra Lean tweeted:

Sandra Lean
@SandraLean5
If Mr McAllister was removed in the manner suggested here, there will be documented evidence  of that - are these going to be made public? How odd that Mr McAllister is accused of the very complaints levelled at others within the organisation?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SandraLean5/status/1147191309939224578

I find the above interesting for varying reasons.

What first stands out is the transparency issue.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 09:10:45 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2019, 01:54:15 PM »

Will be interesting to see what Michelle Diskin Bates makes of all this.

Plus, she had recently pledged all monies from her book interviews as a thank you to them for putting together the submissions to the CCRC that got the ball rolling to help overturn her brother Barry George’s murder conviction.

”We are indebted, as always, to our friend and supporter Michelle Diskin Bates, who is currently in the course of a speaking tour to promote her book “Stand Against Injustice”.

Michelle has generously offered to pass to MOJO all donations received at her readings. Michelle and her husband Peter are greatly valued by this organisation for their contribution to the work that we do.

From all of us at MOJO, a sincere “thank you”
https://mojoscotland.org/stand-against-injustice/

Slightly off topic but relevant to the cause imo.

Why didn’t Michelle Diskin Bates split her earnings between MOJO and her brother Barry George?

I can see why she and her brother would feel indebted to MOJO but it seems to me, from the content of her book, her brother doesn’t have a pot to pi*s in so to speak. Plus he never received a penny in compensation for his “wrongful conviction.” (Maybe she does send Barry George funds and chooses to not publicise it - who knows?)

Without her brother Barry George she wouldn’t have had monies from her book sales to pass to MOJO or anyone else for that matter? So why choose MOJO - over and above her brother?

Michelle Diskin Bates made numerous public comments about her brothers lack of funds/or poverty, whilst fighting for compensation him; did he suddenly receive a windfall from somewhere we the public are not aware of?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 03:05:57 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2019, 01:57:01 PM »
Their remit does not include actively fighting miscarriages of justice. They do not have the ability to do so.

So what changed between 2013 to date?

Did anything change or are we being given the impression it had changed; and if so by whom?

Or is it just a rue?

Surely Luke Mitchell/Corrine Mitchell we’re aware of MOJO’s remit? Why choose MOJO?

It appears Luke Mitchell/Corrine Mitchell went to them for help after something happened between them and Sandra Lean/WAP? Or were they always in communications with them?

But what happened in between?

Was it
a)
b)http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4792.msg543301#msg543301

c) a combination of the above?

or

d) something else?

Re: http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10768.msg542976#msg542976 - Sandra Lean tweeted:

Sandra Lean
@SandraLean5
If Mr McAllister was removed in the manner suggested here, there will be documented evidence  of that - are these going to be made public? How odd that Mr McAllister is accused of the very complaints levelled at others within the organisation?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SandraLean5/status/1147191309939224578

I find the above interesting for varying reasons.

What first stands out is the transparency issue.

Sandra Lean mentions Scott Forbes here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7OVE_5L7Y

I’m not sure if Scott Forbes is still affiliated with MOJO but know he once was.

As a trainee lawyer, back in 2010/11 he worked for MOJO 3 days a week and was apparently instrumental in investigating two case https://mojoscotland.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Annual-Report-2010-112.pdf

MOJO secured a 2 year supervised traineeship for Scott Forbes with Graham Mann solicitors.

Around the same time securing a paid placement for Paul McLaughlin (who was mentioned in the news article here https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1439054-miscarriages-of-justice-charity-stripped-of-lottery-funding/)

In their annual report MOJO stated:

Paul and Scott have been a huge asset to the Organisation and in taking the
Projects aims and objectives forward.”

From the same MOJO annual report:

Restructuring of the Governance of the Miscarriages of Justice Organisation
This year 2010-11 we will begin the process of restructuring the governance of our company. This was to ensure the long running stability of our work, and the security and continuity for our clients.

One of our main aims in the restructuring of our board of directors is to ensure long-term cohesion, which it was lacking with only 2 directors Paddy Hill, Tara Babel and John McManus as Company Secretary. It was felt for the long-term continuity that the increase in the number of directors would benefit the stability of our organisation. Therefore we are hoping to have 7 directors by the end of 2011. They will be

Patrick Hill
Gerard Conlon
Paul Blackburn
Michael O’Brien
John McManus
Willie Rennie (Liberal Democrat MSP)
Iain Stephen (Consultant Clinical Psychologist)
Dr Paul Miller (Clinical Psychologist)

Is this the same Iain/Ian Stephen’s Corrine Mitchell referred to in her recent podcast with James English? Or is this another Iain/Ian Stephen?

Forensic psychologist Ian Stephen, who advised on the television crime dramas Cracker and Prime Suspect, said that was in itself a clue.
He said: "The fact he kept attending school and insisted on trying to maintain as much normality as possible - and his mother insisted on this as well and made a big issue of it - seemed to me almost like a confession of guilt in some way."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4188339.stm

Ian Stephen, another forensic psychologist, who was a consultant to the TV programme Cracker, says: "Children who kill like this are few and far between but they tend to be reasonably intelligent children. Mitchell, by all accounts, was considered an intelligent boy. People like that are usually loners who are isolated or different from their peer groups. Often there are unusual circumstances in their family life. There is very clear evidence for all of this in this case."
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12401131.why-silent-and-defiant-to-the-end-luke-mitchell-denied-the-family-of-jodi-jones-the-one-answer-they-needed/
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 02:45:49 PM by Nicholas »