Author Topic: The 'Smithman' sighting  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

The 'Smithman' sighting
« on: August 16, 2019, 11:10:08 AM »
I've always believed 'Tannerman' and 'Smithman' to be red herrings but maybe I'm wrong about one or both.

It is said 'Smithman' was walking towards the beach but my understanding is that if he continued along the same road he would come to a busy area of PDL containing bars, restaurants, holiday accommodation and other amenities?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline barrier

Re: The 'Smithman' sighting
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 11:12:40 AM »
Was it that busy?

I along with others have seen various maps,but does anyone have a clearly defined one where the Smiths encountered the said person and the various routes available to him.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 11:21:58 AM »
Was it that busy?

I along with others have seen various maps,but does anyone have a clearly defined one where the Smiths encountered the said person and the various routes available to him.

I don't know how busy it was in terms of people traffic but I mean busy in that it offered up amenities that would attract people traffic to it.  I had thought initially the Smith sighting was a man only steps away from the beach but this isn't the case at all.  Why would an abductor (or GM) enter an area he was more likely to encounter others and possibly cctv if he had just abducted a child?

I guess we can work out from the Smiths description pretty much their exact location. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 12:18:11 PM »
I've always believed 'Tannerman' and 'Smithman' to be red herrings but maybe I'm wrong about one or both.

It is said 'Smithman' was walking towards the beach but my understanding is that if he continued along the same road he would come to a busy area of PDL containing bars, restaurants, holiday accommodation and other amenities?

From Aoife Smith's statement, it is more likely that Smithman headed down Travessa das Escadinhas in the general direction of the Dolphin i.e. the route just used by the Smiths coming the other way.

The problem is we don't know if he went to the bottom or if he turned off somewhere.

If the carrier was Portuguese, he could be confident there was no CCTV.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 12:20:36 PM »

Just before you told us that MM was bundled into a car. 

A car supposedly parked in the car park opposite the Secondary Reception.

So why did the abductor end up on foot?  Especially in the case of Smithman.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 12:32:08 PM »
Just before you told us that MM was bundled into a car. 

A car supposedly parked in the car park opposite the Secondary Reception.

So why did the abductor end up on foot?  Especially in the case of Smithman.

I'm sorry I'm not following.  I believe 'Tannerman' and 'Smithman' are red herrings but that doesn't mean to say I'm not interested in understanding why others believe them to be important or noteworthy. 

I believe MM's abductors(s) placed MM in a car within the immediate vicinity of 5A and drove away from PDL.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 12:46:19 PM »
He headed towards the church as I and SY believe. From there probably to Kate's rocks.

There's a temporary hiding place under the rock in this shot. It's not hard to quickly hide something in the dark if you know where to go.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 12:54:41 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 12:54:09 PM »
From Aoife Smith's statement, it is more likely that Smithman headed down Travessa das Escadinhas in the general direction of the Dolphin i.e. the route just used by the Smiths coming the other way.

The problem is we don't know if he went to the bottom or if he turned off somewhere.

If the carrier was Portuguese, he could be confident there was no CCTV.

Thanks.  But this sighting was not really in close proximity to the beach as we are led to believe?  There were plenty of other places the individual might have been heading to other than the beach?  I was under the impression the sighting involved someone within touching distance of the beach which I don't believe is the case?  It kind of gives the impression of something sinister in that here's a man with a child in arms heading to a beach during the hours of darkness.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 12:59:19 PM »
He headed towards the church as I and SY believe. From there probably to Kate's rocks.

There's a temporary hiding place under the rock in this shot. It's not hard to quickly hide something in the dark if you know where to go.

So what evidence do you have that Smithman was heading towards the church? 

I thought Kate's rock was Gerry?!

If something was quickly hidden at circa 10pm then how come search volunteers and PJ didn't find?  What about the search and rescue dogs?  What about search expert Mark Harrison?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 01:04:26 PM »
And what about dog walkers or stray dogs who would have a field day with a corpse not forgetting scavengers by way of birds, insects, rodents and such like who would quickly descend and attract attention.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 02:21:14 PM »
On another thread, it was suggested that the derelict building across the church (marked in red) could be of significance since clothing including a pair of jeans, dark jacket and green checked fleece top were discovered inside the building, under a door. I think this was discovered in 2010(?). The yellow tick is the Dolphin restaurant and the green one, Kelly’s bar. Perhaps Smithman was heading towards this building? It would be interesting if any of the clothing could be identified in photos of residents, suspects, holiday makers etc. in 2007.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 02:25:14 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Anthro

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 02:30:22 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Anthro

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 02:32:15 PM »
The building is 5 Pescadores.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 03:44:17 PM »
On another thread, it was suggested that the derelict building across the church (marked in red) could be of significance since clothing including a pair of jeans, dark jacket and green checked fleece top were discovered inside the building, under a door. I think this was discovered in 2010(?). The yellow tick is the Dolphin restaurant and the green one, Kelly’s bar. Perhaps Smithman was heading towards this building? It would be interesting if any of the clothing could be identified in photos of residents, suspects, holiday makers etc. in 2007.

What was the status of the building when MM disappeared?  Was it derelict then?  The clothing appears to be the sort of thing building workers would wear with plaster ? splashes?  What's the black/grey item?