Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > Oscar Pistorius and the killing of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

Oscar Pistorius sentencing deferred until 6th July 2016.

<< < (3/5) > >>

Wonderfulspam:
Masipa said Oscar was remorseful?!

What utter horse shit.

He still claims he thought she was an intruder.

If he was truly remorseful he'd admit he killed her deliberately, like the rest of the world know he did.

John:

--- Quote from: Wonderfulspam on July 06, 2016, 10:13:24 AM ---Masipa said Oscar was remorseful?!

What utter horse shit.

He still claims he thought she was an intruder.

If he was truly remorseful he'd admit he killed her deliberately, like the rest of the world know he did.

--- End quote ---

Even it had been an intruder, he had a lethal weapon in his possession, he shot to kill. 

Angelo222:

--- Quote from: John on July 06, 2016, 10:02:25 AM ---Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 6 years in jail for the murder of Reeva Steenkamp!

Yes, that right, Masipa has done it again and given murderer Pistorius a sentence much lower than that of the15 years minimum set down by South African Law.  It seems life is extremely cheap in SA and especially so if you are a white athlete.

That sentence is an insult to victim Reeva Steenkamp and to justice.  Pistorius could now serve as little as two years in prison for the murder of his former girlfriend.

Judge Masipa told the Court that Pistorius has lost much and had shown great remorse!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36719561

--- End quote ---

This case has gone from bad to worse, it has rendered the South African justice system a laughing stock.  Masipa is unfit to exercise her commission as a judge in my opinion.  I hope the prosecution appeal her decision yet again and she is sacked.

stephen25000:

--- Quote from: Angelo222 on July 06, 2016, 11:20:31 AM ---This case has gone from bad to worse, it has rendered the South African justice system a laughing stock.  Masipa is unfit to exercise her commission as a judge in my opinion.  I hope the prosecution appeal her decision yet again and she is sacked.

--- End quote ---

I totally agree with you on this.

The only person Pistorius feels remorse for, is himself.

The judge was worse than useless.

John:
I don't think many onlookers would disagree with this...

A fair comment, "Human rights barrister Adam Wagner wrote on Twitter: "Why has Oscar Pistorius been given six years for murder if he got five for culpable homicide?""

Legal experts slam Oscar Pistorius sentence as an 'insult to women' as he's jailed for just six years

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/legal-experts-slam-oscar-pistorius-8359721

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version