Author Topic: The wrongful imprisonment of Mr John David Guise Cannan.  (Read 17870 times)

Offline AerialHunter

The wrongful imprisonment of Mr John David Guise Cannan.
« on: December 23, 2015, 09:22:48 PM »
Mr John Cannan has spent the last 28 years behind bars for the murder of Mrs Shirley Banks in 1986. Much to his own disadvantage he has maintained his innocence during his incarceration, the system being determined to keep him detained as he is "In Denial Of Murder", IDOM for short. This, for the uninitiated, is a modern day version of the ducking stool, it's just carried out over 40 years instead of 40 minutes, confess and we'll let you go, deny and you die.

There are a number of discrepancies in the investigation which remain questionable, even the superb investigation team, led by the excellent Bryan Saunders expressed doubt on occasion when looking at the evidence, that doubt was maintained by Saunders right up to the trial. The thing the police hadn't spotted is that they were, in fact, too thorough. Between the investigators and the forensic team they found everything that was left for them to find. This simple fact accounts for all the "errors" in the case.

This case is the tip of an iceberg and the police don't want to know. A number of outstanding cases in and around the Bristol area have been linked, and still they have their heads in the sand. A sad indictment of the times, I'm no longer afraid to say.
There is none so noble or in receipt of his fellows unbridled adulation as that police officer who willingly deceives to protect one of his own kind and, by virtue of birthright, extends that privilege to his family.

david1819

Re: The wrongful imprisonment of Mr John David Guise Cannan.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 01:28:12 AM »
Mr John Cannan has spent the last 28 years behind bars for the murder of Mrs Shirley Banks in 1986. Much to his own disadvantage he has maintained his innocence during his incarceration, the system being determined to keep him detained as he is "In Denial Of Murder", IDOM for short. This, for the uninitiated, is a modern day version of the ducking stool, it's just carried out over 40 years instead of 40 minutes, confess and we'll let you go, deny and you die.

There are a number of discrepancies in the investigation which remain questionable, even the superb investigation team, led by the excellent Bryan Saunders expressed doubt on occasion when looking at the evidence, that doubt was maintained by Saunders right up to the trial. The thing the police hadn't spotted is that they were, in fact, too thorough. Between the investigators and the forensic team they found everything that was left for them to find. This simple fact accounts for all the "errors" in the case.

This case is the tip of an iceberg and the police don't want to know. A number of outstanding cases in and around the Bristol area have been linked, and still they have their heads in the sand. A sad indictment of the times, I'm no longer afraid to say.

Yeah I am sure John Cannan is innocent - In a parallel universe somewhere far far away.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »
For sure Cannan is guilty as sin, his behaviour prior to his arrest for murder was intolerable, of that there is no doubt, his own admission of armed robbery, rape, deceit, etc are all well documented. But the hard facts remain that he never targeted women purely with the intent of causing them harm, everything was a secondary event during the pursuit of a robbery. Don't get me wrong, he has served the sentence he should have got when he was given 8 years for the attack in Leamington Spa, I don't have the slightest shred of sympathy for him, 28 years is about right for rape in my view, however, the fact remains that he did not kill Mrs Shirley Banks. After his incarceration the attacks on women continued, the ruling powers have made it quite clear what our opinion is, but, unfortunately for them, some of us are not that compliant. They never considered that the attacks were connected, they steadfastly refuse to even consider such an approach even though we offered to try and help them. The police and the judiciaries primary consideration is to maintain the status of their own position and prevent it being called into question, it is not to seek justice, a result, any result in fact is the only objective, and they do not give a monkeys who gets the blame, that is not their problem.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:41:40 PM by AerialHunter »
There is none so noble or in receipt of his fellows unbridled adulation as that police officer who willingly deceives to protect one of his own kind and, by virtue of birthright, extends that privilege to his family.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:04:25 AM »
Yet more evidence of the UK police suffering from an outbreak of ineptitude. Have a read about Romano van Der Dussen, incarcerated for years for a crime he could not have committed, and just draw the parallels with Cannan. Hopeless, absolutely hopeless.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
Yet more evidence of the UK police suffering from an outbreak of ineptitude. Have a read about Romano van Der Dussen, incarcerated for years for a crime he could not have committed, and just draw the parallels with Cannan. Hopeless, absolutely hopeless.

What makes you think Cannan's case is a MOJ?...... A murderer continuously claiming innocence is hardly evidence. Jeremy Bamber has been doing that for decades and he is guilty beyond any doubt.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 09:21:43 PM »

What makes you think Cannan's case is a MOJ?...... A murderer continuously claiming innocence is hardly evidence. Jeremy Bamber has been doing that for decades and he is guilty beyond any doubt.

Tim, I think you mean that you believe Bamber is "guilty beyond any doubt"  !

He might well be guilty: I am very much on the fence on this one, but not everyone believes he is guilty, so there must be some doubt.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:41:15 PM »
Tim,

The true aim was to take revenge on Annabel Rose (Dixey), she had acted as solicitor to the killers first wife during the divorce case late 1986. Look at the murder of Melanie Hall, the police even went as far as determining that Cannan had orchestrated her abduction and murder from his cell by ordering a proxy murder. Which planet are they on? All his attacks follow the same pattern, Linda Cook was one of his as well. Everything about the material evidence used to convict Cannan could have been planted on him.

Shirley Banks may well have know her killer as well, they are the same age and over the last day we have discovered that they were in the same area in their childhood/youth. Might go some way to explaining why Shirley Banks made a quite calm phone call to her employer to cry off sick without sounding as if she had spent the last twelve hours being held against her will by an abductor.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »
Graham Mcgredy-Hunt wrote a book about his search for Suzy Lamplugh, in it he highlights some critical information, but probably is unaware of what he's done. Shame really, he was so close, so very, very close, and yet as they say, no banana.

His angle was that Fred West carried out attacks Cannan was blamed for, it was if he had hold of a key meant for that type of padlock, it was just the wrong padlock. If only he'd have known where to look.

celebritydiscodave

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 06:10:12 PM »
Quite, and that which is owes nothing whatsoever to the wait of evidence in its favor, for it either is or is not irrespective of the evidence in either direction.  Many times convictions should likely be overturned.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 11:27:25 AM »
The police themselves identified the flaw in their own case. One of their number pointed out that the similarities between Shirley Banks and Melanie Hall were so consistent that they could not be ignored, they went as far as interviewing Cannan in his cell under the assumption that he had orchestrated the attack on Hall using a proxy, an ex cellmate or someone he had spent time behind bars with. Not once did they consider that the real killer was still out there, that they had screwed up in monumental style.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 08:40:40 PM »
Trying to find out if Cannan has a legal representative at present, tried to contact Flo Krause but she's another one that talks the talk but never walks the walk. If anyone has some info either post here or PM me.

TVM

AH

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
Tried Matthew Claughton at Olliers, Manchester. Nil response. Any other suggests from the members welcome.

AH

Offline Geraldine

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 10:15:15 AM »
Hello all this is a very interesting thread as I never read before of doubts about Cannan's conviction. Was Shirley Banks' Mini car not found in Cannan's garage and her fingerprint on a piece of paper at his flat? Genuine question and again I do believe that there are some corrupt police about who will plant evidence and lie their heads off. However I do find hard to believe that they could plant a car in Cannan's garage?

Offline Myster

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 09:48:17 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6331279/Suzy-Lamplugh-murder-police-dig-former-garden-prime-suspects-mother.html

I remember when Suzy disappeared, and I have always followed possible new developments in the case. I do hope, for the sake of her family and friends, that she is found, and they get closure, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't. Cynical me----------------------