Author Topic: Documentaries & Articles for Discussion  (Read 205997 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Documentaries & Articles for Discussion
« Reply #840 on: August 03, 2016, 10:15:08 AM »
Thanks Shinning
I read that the church gave out its key to visitors to PDL  e.g Kate and Gerry got one.  Is this usual practice?  Would any of those other places have been open  at 10:00 - 11:00 on that Thursday night?

I don't think it was usual to hand out church keys. The priest said;

He gave them the key to the church on the 7th or 8th May upon the suggestion of John Geraghty, a resident of the parish, so that they could calmly go to the church without any media pressure. Someone from the church gave the key to John Geraghty, who then passed it on to the McCann's, with Father Pacheco's permission.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FATHER_PACHECO.htm

Mr Geraghty was very helpful from the beginning. He stored the McCann's hire car when they left Portugal because the McCann's lawyers, Kingsley Napley, advised hanging onto it for a while. He eventually returned it to the hire company.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:03:03 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #841 on: August 13, 2016, 01:13:58 PM »
I don't think it was usual to hand out church keys. The priest said;

He gave them the key to the church on the 7th or 8th May upon the suggestion of John Geraghty, a resident of the parish, so that they could calmly go to the church without any media pressure. Someone from the church gave the key to John Geraghty, who then passed it on to the McCann's, with Father Pacheco's permission.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FATHER_PACHECO.htm

Mr Geraghty was very helpful from the beginning. He stored the McCann's hire car when they left Portugal because the McCann's lawyers, Kingsley Napley, advised hanging onto it for a while. He eventually returned it to the hire company.

Do people really need buildings to pray to an invisible God who is....everywhere anyway?
Questions :why did she need a priest, access to a church, and a pope visit? did she want to confess and be forgiven of something, well probably not because they said they did nothing wrong. it was the abductors fault.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

ferryman

« Reply #842 on: August 13, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »
Do people really need buildings to pray to an invisible God who is....everywhere anyway?
Questions :why did she need a priest, access to a church, and a pope visit? did she want to confess and be forgiven of something, well probably not because they said they did nothing wrong. it was the abductors fault.

Take philosophical discussion elsewhere and leave poor Kate and Gerry the freedom and right to deal with their shock and trauma the way that is right for them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:10:26 PM by ferryman »

Offline mercury

« Reply #843 on: August 14, 2016, 01:44:04 AM »
I will agree with you there FM
Whether one believes them or not no one knows for definite so the benefit of the doubt can be out in favour of the possiblity they wanted guidance refuge the power of prayer they believed in  and spiritual whatever

At th end of the day no one knows them or what happened
I certainly dont trust or believe them
You assert thngs though out with your knowledge as fact, and that is totally wrong

Night now
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 05:15:35 AM by Eleanor »