Author Topic: Differing statements; Mr Pike and Jean Boutell.  (Read 3250 times)

Offline G-Unit

Differing statements; Mr Pike and Jean Boutell.
« on: May 31, 2020, 12:42:47 PM »
Mr Pike was the man who collected the Envoy Cordless telephone and it's associated adaptor from WHF on 5th August '85. He described his visit in a statement given on 19/9/85, with further statements on 8/10/85 and 9/1/86.

According to Pike he visited by appointment in the morning between 10-10:30 am. He was met at the back door by Sheila Caffell and her boys. She called her mother and as the phone wasn't ready her father was called from the barn.

Mr Pike and Nevill disconnected the phone and the adaptor between them and Mr Pike placed it in it's original packaging and left.

Jean Boutell was asked on 2/10/86 if she recalled Mr Pike's visit on 5th August '85. She said she did, and it took place at around 2:00pm. She says the whole family were in the kitchen and Jeremy Bamber came out and answered the door to Mr Pike.

Mr Pike 'went to the kitchen door' and was met by Mr Bamber who had a telephone in his hand. They spoke on the back doorstep but then walked off together towards Mr Pike's car. She says it was the cordless phone.

So was Jean Boutell remembering everything wrongly, or were there two visits by Mr Pike that day?

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Differing statements; Mr Pike and Jean Boutell.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 06:48:12 PM »
Mr Pike was the man who collected the Envoy Cordless telephone and it's associated adaptor from WHF on 5th August '85. He described his visit in a statement given on 19/9/85, with further statements on 8/10/85 and 9/1/86.

According to Pike he visited by appointment in the morning between 10-10:30 am. He was met at the back door by Sheila Caffell and her boys. She called her mother and as the phone wasn't ready her father was called from the barn.

Mr Pike and Nevill disconnected the phone and the adaptor between them and Mr Pike placed it in it's original packaging and left.

Jean Boutell was asked on 2/10/86 if she recalled Mr Pike's visit on 5th August '85. She said she did, and it took place at around 2:00pm. She says the whole family were in the kitchen and Jeremy Bamber came out and answered the door to Mr Pike.

Mr Pike 'went to the kitchen door' and was met by Mr Bamber who had a telephone in his hand. They spoke on the back doorstep but then walked off together towards Mr Pike's car. She says it was the cordless phone.

So was Jean Boutell remembering everything wrongly, or were there two visits by Mr Pike that day?
Where did you read the original statements?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »

There was talk of a gas man calling but I think CAL said she could find no evidence of this?  I gave my copy to a friend pre Lockdown so don't have access to it.

If there's any truth to the gas man did Jean B muddle this visit with Mr P? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 01:01:44 PM »
There was talk of a gas man calling but I think CAL said she could find no evidence of this?  I gave my copy to a friend pre Lockdown so don't have access to it.

I don't know, but they have placed the visits at least four hours apart and with different people present.

I've pm'd you.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 01:23:32 PM »

The tale is  that it was electricity man - it's a myth.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 05:35:18 PM »
The tale is  that it was electricity man - it's a myth.
Statements like that won't be acceptable soon.   We'll need cites and expressions of opinion when it is opinion only.
From now on it is facts.  Supported facts or explained myths,
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 06:18:54 PM »
Statements like that won't be acceptable soon.   We'll need cites and expressions of opinion when it is opinion only.
From now on it is facts.  Supported facts or explained myths,

The myth started out as someone's opinion. Are you saying you require an opinion on someone's opinion? Will you then confer your own opinion on it? Perhaps one of your fellow mods might care to give their own opinion on those  opinions previously given?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 06:23:46 PM »

The myth started out as someone's opinion. Are you saying you require an opinion on someone's opinion? Will you then confer your own opinion on it? Perhaps one of your fellow mods might care to give their own opinion on those  opinions previously given?
One way or the other, you will need to fall in line.
Moderation

Offline APRIL

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 06:39:38 PM »
One way or the other, you will need to fall in line.

Are you saying that we're required to agree that it's our opinion that someone else's opinion is correct or incorrect?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 06:47:14 PM »

Are you saying that we're required to agree that it's our opinion that someone else's opinion is correct or incorrect?
You'll get the hang of it soon enough.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 06:48:40 PM »

It's OK for posters to write "In my opinion Jeremy Bamber is a psychopath". If they write "It's a fact that Jeremy Bamber is a psychopath" a cite is required.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 08:18:35 PM »
It's OK for posters to write "In my opinion Jeremy Bamber is a psychopath". If they write "It's a fact that Jeremy Bamber is a psychopath" a cite is required.

Cites have been posted to back that claim up, the cite isn't good enough for you - that's just tough.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 08:39:33 PM »

Coincidentally, just this morning, I was with the person who'd been secretary to the first psychiatrist who assessed him as a psychopath. Far be it from me to say, of so highly qualified a person, that such was only his opinion.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 08:58:48 PM »

Coincidentally, just this morning, I was with the person who'd been secretary to the first psychiatrist who assessed him as a psychopath. Far be it from me to say, of so highly qualified a person, that such was only his opinion.

In which case you know the psychiatrist's name but I very much doubt you'll share it. Therefore no matter how convinced you are I have no reason to be convinced because all I have is the word of someone I don't know.
Result = happy posting.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2020, 09:13:54 PM »
In which case you know the psychiatrist's name but I very much doubt you'll share it. Therefore no matter how convinced you are I have no reason to be convinced because all I have is the word of someone I don't know.

I'll tell you what I'm prepared to do, I'll try to find out if he's still alive. If he isn't, and he has no dependents, I'll give you his name. However, my suspicions are strong that you'll find some grounds to reject his findings.