Author Topic: Should the Maddie enquiry be expanded?  (Read 10555 times)

Offline Angelo222

Should the Maddie enquiry be expanded?
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »
Regular readers and posters will be very aware of my views on this aspect of the Maddie case.

It is no secret that while the official Portuguese investigation was ongoing, attempts were made to undermine it and those leading it. Several detectives including the coordinator of the case Goncalo Amaral and the police liaison officer Ricardo Paiva were personally targeted at various times. The former being removed from the case and forced out of the police force after speaking out.

It is also no secret that private Spanish detectives were brought in to search for Maddie but ended up hounding witnesses, creating false sightings and targeting others.

Is it not about time that these events were properly investigated and those behind them prosecuted?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 06:26:01 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Should the Maddie enquiry be expanded?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 11:31:18 AM »
Regular readers and posters will be very aware of my views on this aspect of the Maddie case.

It is no secret that while the official Portuguese investigation was ongoing, attempts were made to undermine it and those leading it. Several detectives including the coordinator of the case Goncalo Amaral and the police liaison officer Ricardo Paiva were personally targeted at various times. The former being removed from the case and forced out of the police force after speaking out.

It is also no secret that private Spanish detectives were brought in to search for Maddie but ended up hounding witnesses, creating false sightings and targeting others.

Is it not about time that these events were properly investigated and those behind them prosecuted?
What did the PJ say when you raised the points  with them..

Offline jassi

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 11:44:41 AM »

Probably so, but it's not within the remit or jurisdiction of Operation Grange.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 12:37:29 PM »

Have you written a comprehensive thesis on this?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »
Have you written a comprehensive thesis on this?

Not as such since that is a job for the police. The most important question though is who gave Metodo 3 the instruction to go after Amaral and who sanctioned that pay off.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »
What did the PJ say when you raised the points  with them..

I told you that I intend to speak with them face to face and report back.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »
I told you that I intend to speak with them face to face and report back.
I think none of it has any substance to it at all... We've seen all the evidence and IMO there's, no case.... When do you expect to meet them

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 03:08:06 PM »

What's the source of your evidence... Is it just what's been reported in the papers... We know papers, aren't accurate

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 03:34:15 PM »
Not as such since that is a job for the police. The most important question though is who gave Metodo 3 the instruction to go after Amaral and who sanctioned that pay off.

what evidence do you have that M3 were asked to go after amaral....press reports

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »
what evidence do you have that M3 were asked to go after amaral....press reports

John Grade and Marcos Correia for starters.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 05:14:51 PM »

Who should be prosecuted in your view?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »
John Grade and Marcos Correia for starters.

That's two names not evidence... What evidence do you have... Just what you've read in the papers.. That isn't evidence

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »
That's two names not evidence... What evidence do you have... Just what you've read in the papers.. That isn't evidence

It is for the authorities to establish what is evidence of a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.  Anyone with good knowledge of the Maddie case will know exactly what went on. I want the police to establish who was pulling the strings and authorising payments to the private detective criminals for work which had no relevance to finding Maddie.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 08:06:13 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »
It is for the authorities to establish what is evidence of a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

so you dont have any evidence
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 08:12:04 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 08:14:56 PM »
It is for the authorities to establish what is evidence of a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.  Anyone with good knowledge of the Maddie case will know exactly what went on. I want the police to establish who was pulling the strings and authorising payments to the private detective criminals for work which had no relevance to finding Maddie.

there are a lot of myths surrouding the maddie case...youve started a thread.it seems your posts are high on opinion with no facts...so what are the facts