Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 92437 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2019, 01:10:43 PM »
Was it really so amusing? I suspect there was another motive for highlighting my typing error.
Listen, you’ve made dozens of typing errors in the last few months, none of them particularly amusing.  This one amused me, that is all.  Please try not to take it so seriously, if you can’t laugh at your own mistakes once in a while then I think that’s a bit sad.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2019, 01:11:59 PM »
It sounds to me as though you all would rather not have any moderators at all.
That would suit me, no offence like, but I’d certainly favour a far less “hands on” approach.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2019, 01:13:38 PM »
Could someone give me some tips on how to change my email address?  I don't know how to do that.

User Name.  How's about, I Love Gonc?
The person or the cadaver dog?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2019, 01:16:36 PM »
Why are you challenging me personally? If you read the Madeleine McCann board and this thread you will see that I have listed subjects which have been repeatedly raised by all members, not just me.

OK ... so your opinion based on observation only.
You do not have any concerns or questions regarding moderation. 
Perhaps those who do would be kind enough to hit their keyboards to inform us first hand rather than relying on hearsay of the problems they are experiencing.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2019, 01:17:37 PM »
Why are you challenging me personally? If you read the Madeleine McCann board and this thread you will see that I have listed subjects which have been repeatedly raised by all members, not just me.

Would you like The Rules to be changed?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2019, 01:18:55 PM »
The person or the cadaver dog?

The Dog, obviously.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2019, 01:19:19 PM »
You should give it a go.

Although I'm not here to win any popularity contest I know full well that I would be universally unpopular if I was a moderator. I believe rules should be adhered to and I would enforce them much more strictly than they are currently enforced.

I wouldn't allow any;

Personal comments
Lack of respect
Speculation
Lack of cites
Protracted arguments
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »
Although I'm not here to win any popularity contest I know full well that I would be universally unpopular if I was a moderator. I believe rules should be adhered to and I would enforce them much more strictly than they are currently enforced.

I wouldn't allow any;

Personal comments
Lack of respect
Speculation
Lack of cites
Protracted arguments

You would most certainly be better at this than I am.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2019, 01:25:07 PM »
I think I should be a Mod, I know it would cause plenty of vomplaining.   @)(++(*

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2019, 01:27:56 PM »
OK ... so your opinion based on observation only.
You do not have any concerns or questions regarding moderation. 
Perhaps those who do would be kind enough to hit their keyboards to inform us first hand rather than relying on hearsay of the problems they are experiencing.

I do have one; protracted off topic arguments, especually those between members and a moderator(s) about moderation should be stopped.

As I said, the concerns I highlighted are all to be found if anyone wants to see them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2019, 01:29:27 PM »
I do have one; protracted off topic arguments, especually those between members and a moderator(s) about moderation should be stopped.

As I said, the concerns I highlighted are all to be found if anyone wants to see them.

You do know that John's in charge, I hope.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2019, 01:34:12 PM »
Would it be possible to make a league table of members who have reported  the most posts? 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »
You would most certainly be better at this than I am.

I don't quite know how to respond to that.  8)-)))
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2019, 01:38:34 PM »
You do know that John's in charge, I hope.

I do indeed. Does he take the view that off topic arguments about moderation should be allowed to disrupt threads?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2019, 01:40:14 PM »
Would it be possible to make a league table of members who have reported  the most posts?

There isn't one.  Most members go straight to John, so the Moderators don't know what is going on most of the time.