Author Topic: Greek police appeal over mystery blonde girl found living in a Roma camp.  (Read 44364 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Could Madeleine's story involve anything like this?

Greek police appeal over mystery 4-year-old
blonde girl found in a Roma camp near Farsala.

The little girl is "confused" and "shocked" by the changes
in her environment, the charity looking after her says.

Greek police are trying to figure out the identity of a young blonde girl, found living on a Roma settlement with a family she did not resemble.

DNA tests revealed the child, called Maria and aged around four, was not related to the couple she lived with.  The little girl is now being looked after by a charity. Her photo has been released to help find her family.

Officials fear she may have been a victim of abduction or child trafficking.  Police are appealing internationally as the little girl looks like she might be from northern or eastern Europe.

Raid

Police raided the Roma camp, near Farsala in central Greece, on suspicion of criminal activity.  They noticed the lack of resemblance between the blonde-haired, blue-eyed little girl and her parents, and found further discrepancies when they investigated the family's documents.  The couple had registered different numbers of children with different regional family registries.  The woman claimed to have given birth to six children within a 10-month period.

'Begging'

When questioned about how they came to have Maria, the couple gave "constantly changing claims," Thessalia Province Police Director Vassilis Halatsis said.

They have been arrested on suspicion of abducting a minor.

The president of the Smile of the Child organisation that is looking after the little girl, Kostas Yaaopoulos, says the child is confused and shocked by the change in her environment.

She was being used to beg on the streets of Larissa because she was blonde and cute, he alleged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world a Europe
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:16:00 AM by John »

icabodcrane

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24589614

The Portugeuse police  investigation didn't conclude so  ...  and Scotland Yard,  after a two and a half year review/ investigation have not concluded so either

...  but if we are envisioning every  possible  explanation for this child's disappearance,  however unevidenced and obscure,  then yes,  I suppose it could have

Offline John

Thank you for posting this story Sherlock, I find it absolutely amazing that this is going on.

I hope you don't mind, I changed the title to reflect the significance of this story.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

It's a very sad story. Tragic to see the expression in her eyes - redolent of confusion and loss.

The dyed hair I find particularly heartbreaking. You could almost count the months she has been missing from the inches of her natural hair, like aging a tree from its rings.

Offline Myster

Poor little mite with such sad eyes, reduced to begging on the street... no doubt there'll be hundreds of offers to take her into their care, if her genuine parents can't be found.

If only a similar headline with Madeleine's and Ben Needham's name would one day appear in the news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465942/Police-appeal-help-identifying-blonde-girl-4-living-gypsy-camp-Greece.html
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline John

I agree wholeheartedly with those comments guys, it must give particular hope to the Needham's who have always insisted that their son Ben was abducted by gypsies on the Greek island of Kos.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Benita

well it was discussed that madeleine was taken by gypsies on many forums,and im sure some gypsy camps were searched in the early days,after sightings of madeleine were reported ..

also Hewlett told police gypsies had taken her,

Offline John

well it was discussed that madeleine was taken by gypsies on many forums,and im sure some gypsy camps were searched in the early days,after sightings of madeleine were reported ..

also Hewlett told police gypsies had taken her,

I think the abducted by gypsies scenario is probably the only serious contender when it comes to finding Madeleine alive.  Gypsies live a very secretive nomadic lifestyle and travel widely.

Benita

I think the abducted by gypsies scenario is probably the only serious contender when it comes to finding Madeleine alive.  Gypsies live a very secretive nomadic lifestyle and travel widely.

I agree john ..it was discussed at length ..after a witness reported seeing a little girl being whisked off in a gypsy cart covered with a blanket.

Offline jassi

But without evidence, it has to be inconclusive.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Benita

Re: Greek police appeal over mystery blonde girl found living in a Roma camp.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 11:04:13 AM »
But without evidence, it has to be inconclusive.

Portuguese police have already investigated a report by holidaymaker Andre van Wyk that he had seen a girl resembling Madeleine being taken in a cart to a gypsy camp near Portimao, about 16kms from where Maddie disappeared.

but it cannot be ruled out though.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:06:41 AM by Benita »

Benita

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 11:11:04 AM »

Greek police appeal over mystery 4-year-old
blonde girl found in a Roma camp near Farsala.

The little girl is "confused" and "shocked" by the changes
in her environment, the charity looking after her says.

Greek police are trying to figure out the identity of a young blonde girl, found living on a Roma settlement with a family she did not resemble.

DNA tests revealed the child, called Maria and aged around four, was not related to the couple she lived with.  The little girl is now being looked after by a charity. Her photo has been released to help find her family.

Officials fear she may have been a victim of abduction or child trafficking.  Police are appealing internationally as the little girl looks like she might be from northern or eastern Europe.

Raid

Police raided the Roma camp, near Farsala in central Greece, on suspicion of criminal activity.  They noticed the lack of resemblance between the blonde-haired, blue-eyed little girl and her parents, and found further discrepancies when they investigated the family's documents.  The couple had registered different numbers of children with different regional family registries.  The woman claimed to have given birth to six children within a 10-month period.

'Begging'

When questioned about how they came to have Maria, the couple gave "constantly changing claims," Thessalia Province Police Director Vassilis Halatsis said.

They have been arrested on suspicion of abducting a minor.

The president of the Smile of the Child organisation that is looking after the little girl, Kostas Yaaopoulos, says the child is confused and shocked by the change in her environment.

She was being used to beg on the streets of Larissa because she was blonde and cute, he alleged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world a Europe

"Greek police are trying to figure out the identity of a young blonde girl"

is this little girl not on a missing list ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 11:13:24 AM »
Portuguese police have already investigated a report by holidaymaker Andre van Wyk that he had seen a girl resembling Madeleine being taken in a cart to a gypsy camp near Portimao, about 16kms from where Maddie disappeared.

but it cannot be ruled out though.

Indeed, it is inconclusive and without hard evidence will remain so.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Benita

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 11:16:21 AM »
Indeed, it is inconclusive and without hard evidence will remain so.

are you SY jassi ?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:20:06 AM by Benita »

Offline jassi

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
are you SY jassi ?

Of course not, but I would have thought my statement was self evident.
Without proper proof, something can never be conclusive - it remains a theory.

Or maybe not -