Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 75487 times)

stephen25000

Re: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »
I have just seen Angelo's comment.

He expressed his opinion.

I don't agree in calling her that, but she made an erroneous judgement.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:20:12 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2017, 06:15:21 PM »
Thanks Angelo....keep us informed...but..
I don't feel you have the evidence to support your assertion

On the contrary davel, there is a evidential trail reaching right back to the Madeleine Fund but I also agree that this has to be properly investigated so a formal complaint to both the Portuguese and English authorities might not be so bad an idea.  Question is though, will Netflix be brave enough to tackle it or will we be treated to yet another dumbed down version of the truth?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:23:22 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2017, 06:19:45 PM »
The McCanns owe the Portuguese govt
They have an outstanding action against the Portuguese govt
It may well be they are able to delay payment pending the result of that action
No one here really knows

So they are playing for time?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #303 on: October 20, 2017, 06:30:09 PM »
The McCanns owe the Portuguese govt
They have an outstanding action against the Portuguese govt
It may well be they are able to delay payment pending the result of that action
No one here really knows

It is hard to believe that when setting up the system in the first instance, which is as recently as 1990s, a global right of set off was incorporated. I don't see many member states holding still for that. Which is probably why the ECtHR's powers are limited.

The Court is not empowered to overrule national decisions
or annul national laws.

It seems clear enough to me. The Portuguese SC rules that the Drs McCann must pay the defendants court costs and the ECtHR has no powers by which it can overturn, modify or suspend that ruling.

http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Questions_Answers_ENG.pdf
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »
So they are playing for time?

I think the McCanns are looking for and expecting a favourable judgement from the ECHR....a judgement that could have interesting ramifications

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #305 on: October 20, 2017, 07:08:34 PM »
It isn't not picking...it's unrealistic to post the whole report

Barrier has just quoted a section of the SC ruling not the whole report
The SC ruling is in dispute re the ECHR
Any reference to it needs to be seen in that light

The SC ruling stands, it may be that the McCanns are taking Portugal to the ECHR.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #306 on: October 20, 2017, 07:10:53 PM »
The SC ruling stands, it may be that the McCanns are taking Portugal to the ECHR.

Some of us understood that from the beginning

Offline barrier

« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2017, 07:12:06 PM »
I think the McCanns are looking for and expecting a favourable judgement from the ECHR....a judgement that could have interesting ramifications

Who for,its likely to take up to 4 yrs if accepted,OG should be done and dusted by then hopefully this McCann case will be distant history.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2017, 07:47:12 PM »
Who for,its likely to take up to 4 yrs if accepted,OG should be done and dusted by then hopefully this McCann case will be distant history.
You are an eternal optimist!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2017, 07:55:32 PM »

It may or may not be

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
It is hard to believe that when setting up the system in the first instance, which is as recently as 1990s, a global right of set off was incorporated. I don't see many member states holding still for that. Which is probably why the ECtHR's powers are limited.

The Court is not empowered to overrule national decisions
or annul national laws.

It seems clear enough to me. The Portuguese SC rules that the Drs McCann must pay the defendants court costs and the ECtHR has no powers by which it can overturn, modify or suspend that ruling.

http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Questions_Answers_ENG.pdf

The Netflix company have not divulged what kind of program it will be ie, proper independent investigative journalism- looking at the disappearance, the probable cause, the parents behaviour, the various investigations, including the PI's or if it will be a documentary-preferably-without drama.

I would love  the program makers to point out ALL of the  unanswered questions-
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:08:28 PM by Brietta »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline barrier

« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »
You are an eternal optimist!

Always have been.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2017, 01:35:26 AM »
Always have been.
Still makes me smile thinking "OG should be done and dusted by then hopefully this McCann case will be distant history".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2017, 02:16:15 AM »
Still makes me smile thinking "OG should be done and dusted by then hopefully this McCann case will be distant history".

I think Operation Grange has been an absolute farce and has tainted investigative policing.  And to be honest I don't see Netflix bringing much to the table which isn't already known to those who have followed this case in great detail.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:04:30 PM by John »

Offline barrier

« Reply #314 on: October 21, 2017, 07:47:11 AM »
I think Operation Grange has been an absolute farce and has tainted investigative policing.  And to be honest I don't see Netflix bringing much to the table which isn't already known to those who have followed this case in great detail.

You may not have noticed I made no reference to Grange actually achieving anything.