Author Topic: This might be of interest to people here  (Read 3266 times)

Offline scipio_usmc

This might be of interest to people here
« on: May 27, 2014, 07:29:32 PM »
http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,5387.0.html

"People here post articles that insist Sheila is guilty based on her mental illness and little more.  Likewise many people here suggest the same thing.   

Sheila has mental illness she must have done it even though there is no physical or forensic evidence at all to suggest she did.  Great effort is put into her mental state to try to find away to insist her mental state alone proves she did it.

Many of these same people though insist Jeremy did not get a failr trial because he was convicted without any forensic evidence proving he did it.

Anyone who feels that it would be fair to convict Sheila under the following facts have no cause at all to complain about Jeremy's conviction.

Fact pattern:

Workers show up at WHF and find the place locked up.  They enter through a window to try to find out why Nevill is not working and has not opened the house for work yet.  They find him dead in the kitchen and then go around the house finding the other victims.  Sheila is the only one not dead she is still breathing though she suffered serious wounds and is in a coma.  The murder weapon was dumped on her body.  She eventually recovers and asserts that someone wearing a hood attached them. From the body shape she thinks it was Jeremy but because of her injury it is a blur and she is not positive.

Police do no believe her and try her for murder.

The prosecution case asserts:

1) she had known mental problems and back in 1983 she indicated that before she was treated she felt she could project evil on her children and had some suicidal thoughts. 

2) That she had relapses and was in and out of treatment

3) that the night of the murders Nevill spoke to her about having the kids in part-time foster care. She had little reaction and simply stated she would rather stay in London.  The prosecution posits she became angry the more she thought about it and decided to kill everyone including herself

4) the prosecution states that the gun was found top of her sand Jeremy claims she was him load a magazine so she knew how to use the weapon and is the one who did it.

The defense counters with the following:

1) She responded well to treatment and did not have delusions about her family anymore or discuss suicide anymore according the the prosecution's own witnesses- her doctors

2) Her relapses occurred when she stopped taking her medication and/or was high on narcotics.  She transitioned to injections precisely so she no longer could skip her medication and was not high on any narcotics the night of the murders based on toxicologgy tests.  The dosage she was on was the highests safe level and optimal efficacy level.  There therefore is no reaosn that she would have relapsed or had delusions the night of the murder

3) The alleged motive to kill her family and commit suicide makes no sense. Her husband testifies how she had shown little interest in caring for the kids and they told him that she would be in her own world and ignore them when they were with her.  Her doctor testifies how she welcomed part time care in the past and would have been likely to appreciate it again and would not have been likely to respond in a negative manner let alone a violent one.  Even in 1983 he didn't believe she was a threat to harm anyone or commit suicide and he doesn't think she is a harm now he doesn't believe she tried to kill anyone or herself.  In her most recent stay at the hospital she didn't mention her family at all she had a problem with Freddie who she viewed as the devil.  He was corrupting her with drugs and the like and she thus viewed him as the devil.  She thus had absolutely no motive to kill her family.  Jeremy had a motive to kill everyone- to inherit the estate.     

4) There was no GSR or blood from any of the victims found on her clothing or body.  Nor was there any elevated levels of lead on her hands as would be the case if she had loaded the gun.  Nor did she have any broken nails or injuries as would be the case from the struggle with Nevill and loading the bullets very fast.  In fact all witnesses agree they have not seen her fire a weapon let alone the murder weapon.  Jeremy originally told police she fired all wepaons in the house but he retracted the claim.   Sheila says tha this claim he loaded a magazine in front of her was a lie and that he didn't get the murder weapon out before leaving.  She says that she has no idea how to load the gun or operate it. After being explained how to load it she indicates she had no idea it needs to have a round fed inside first before you pull the trigger let alone how to chamber a round. 

5) She can't remember if the suppressor was attached or not to the gun when it was fired at her.  Experts testify that the second wound which immediately sent her into a coma was a contact wound and would have sent spatter into the muzzle of the weapon or if the suppressor had been used then into the suppressor. Both the prosecution and defense experts found group A blood inside. The defense expert found microscopic drops on the first 8 baffles and this is consistent with high velocity spatter.  Nothing except high velocity spatter would explain this blood. Sheila is the only victim with group A blood.  Thus the experts insist it had been attached and put away by the murderer and that she can't have done it since she was immediately unconscious.  Moreover there is evidence that the suppressor was attached during the struggle in the kitchen.  With the suppressor attached the gun was tall enough to break the ceiling lamp shade while Nevill and his killer struggled over it and it also scratched underneath the aga as they wrestled over it.  Therefore it was used and likely still attached as Sheila was shot.

6) Experts also testify blood on Sheila's body indicates she was shot sitting up and then was dragged flat very soon afterwards.  She had to be leaning up against something or would have fallen over immediately and would not have dripped blood in her lap and down her arm.  She could not have moved down herself while in a coma someone had to move her body quite soon after she was shot.  So someone else had to be there to do it.

6) Experts testify that the bible was dropped in a pool of her blood then closed then reopened before the blood could dry.  Sheila was passed out so could not have done it, someone else had to be present to do this.

7) Julie testifies that Jeremy had talked to her for a long time about killing his family and announced around 10PM the night before that it was tonight or never and after the bodies were found he indicated he had hired a hitman to do it and told her details about the murders even though police had not revealed such details to him at the time he supposedly told them to Julie. 

The defense asserts there is no evidence she shot or beat any of the victims, no evidence she shot herself and in fact evidence she can't have shot herself someone else had to be there to put the suppressor away, move her body and opena nd close the bible.  There is no reason she would have had delusions her medicine was working and the last people to talk to her said she was calm including Jeremy.  She had no motive to kill anyone but Jeremy did and he even lied to police about various things to make her look guilty.  Someone framed her and it likely was him because he had motive and opportunity, he had no alibi, claims to have been at home sleeping alone and he admitted to Julie he was responsible after announcing hours before he was going to do it.

I fail to see how anyone can argue that Sheila definitely did it under these circumstances. The main thing I changed was her living to be prosecuted not anything significant in terms of evidence.  The same exact evidence the prosecution used against her is the same that those here who argue in favor of her guilt use against her.  The evidence in her favor is the same evidence the prosecution used in real life against Jeremy.  This illustrates how the arguments work on the flip side.

It is hard to claim Sheila definitely did it and should have been convicted had she lived.  Just because she died doesn't mean people who want her to be guilty have less of a burden to establish it.  There is a double standard as far as proving her guilt becuase people want Jeremy to be innocent and she has to be guilty for that to be true so they overlook the absence of evidence that killed anyone and worse ignore the evidence that proves she can't have killed herself by insisting police staged all such evidence and everyone was lying except Jeremy. It is hard to see objectivity in those claiming such."
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: This might be of interest to people here
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »
Scipio hun I wish I could say it was of interest but having actively posted about the WHF case for some 28 months I think I'm all WHF'd out.  Of course it might just be an excuse in that I don't want a thrashing from you this eve  8(0(*. Seriously there's only so many times you can debate these things before it becomes utterly boring.

Did you manage to pull over on Blue?  If you had to take one of the ladies out for dinner, oh alright a Big Mac, may I ask  who and why?  Thank you.   ?{)(**

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 12:53:15 AM »
Scipio hun I wish I could say it was of interest but having actively posted about the WHF case for some 28 months I think I'm all WHF'd out.  Of course it might just be an excuse in that I don't want a thrashing from you this eve  8(0(*. Seriously there's only so many times you can debate these things before it becomes utterly boring.

Did you manage to pull over on Blue?  If you had to take one of the ladies out for dinner, oh alright a Big Mac, may I ask  who and why?  Thank you.   ?{)(**

kind of hard to know which ones are ladies.  I gather Caroline and April are female but not sure who else.  I could write up a list of least reasonable to most reasonable as far the posters there I have seen.  Asking me which is I would like to go out with would be like asking which of my guns would I like you to shoot me in the ass with.  I can't pick and if I had a choice none. 
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 01:12:52 AM »
Scipio it takes a long time to realise that stating the Mount Everest of reasons Sheila could not have committed those murders makes not an iota of difference to the Bamberettes!

Caroline has finally been persuaded by the blindingly obvious but the rest just won't look at the facts objectively! They like the look of Jeremy circa 1986 and won't have their hero's MOJ case tarnished by evidence!

Holly is the only possible defector! Anyone who calls the evidence against Bamber 'compelling' is willing to open their mind to the possibility they might be wrong.

Keep up the good work mate! 8@??)(

Offline Andrea

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 01:19:17 AM »
Morning!

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 01:34:28 AM »

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »
Scipio it takes a long time to realise that stating the Mount Everest of reasons Sheila could not have committed those murders makes not an iota of difference to the Bamberettes!

Caroline has finally been persuaded by the blindingly obvious but the rest just won't look at the facts objectively! They like the look of Jeremy circa 1986 and won't have their hero's MOJ case tarnished by evidence!

Holly is the only possible defector! Anyone who calls the evidence against Bamber 'compelling' is willing to open their mind to the possibility they might be wrong.

Keep up the good work mate! 8@??)(

Caroline waffles and refuses to disclose what her reaosning is for believing he is more likely guilty than not-guilty which she describes as 70%/30% currently.  So we don't know whether her position is rationally based or not.
Getting the right answer by accident is a fluke so reasoning is actually important. 

It appears she believes in a conspiracy against Jeremy so believes some of the evidence against him is fraudulent but he is probably guilty anyway. 

If someone showed me that much of the key evidence was fraudulent I would have to reconsider my position that he is guilty. 

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 04:54:44 PM »
Same here Scipio .... if there was a shred of evidence to support Bamber being a MOJ I would be fascinated and happy to be proved wrong all along! There's more chance of CYCLOPS being real or GAV being an SAS killer!