Author Topic: Introducing myself - Wrongful conviction & perspective  (Read 301 times)

Offline Joe Haslam

Introducing myself - Wrongful conviction & perspective
« on: August 11, 2017, 04:47:24 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here, My name's Joe and I've been an activist for the past 7 years, over the last year I've been attending the anti-fracking protests at Preston New road in Lancashire, and all was going well, until the police arrested me for trying to help my mum who is deaf, elderly and has arthritis, after the police had knocked her out. They charged me with Obstruction of the Highway, and in court, the arresting officer lied, blatantly contradicted the video evidence, and yet still they found me guilty.

Since then I've been doing a lot of research into miscarriages of justice and I have to say, perspective has given me a right slap around the chops. I don't really care about my 18 month conditional discharge and 640 fine, but the criminal record really hurts, because I'm desperately trying to find a job and about 90% of the experience on my CV is related to working with young people & vulnerable adults. I know it's a "low level" non violent offense, but they never check what the record is for.

But despite me feeling sorry for myself, I've found people on here who've been wrongly sent to prison, people who lost everything because of police and judiciary corruption. I've had it easy in comparison and I still feel like shit, so I can't imagine how others on here feel.

If you only count the hours the courts are open, an average of 2 people per hour get wrongly convicted in the UK so called "justice" system. The more I learn, the more angry I get, but I'm also fu**ing broken at the scale of the injustice. So I just wanted to say thanks to the admins and other people who keep this site going while I'm introducing myself, it's nice to have go-to support.

Online John

Re: Introducing myself - Wrongful conviction & perspective
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 12:15:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum Joe, I can empathise somewhat with your experience having been down that particular road myself.  I agree there is a lot of stuff that goes on in our so-called justice system which verges on the criminal but passes as the greater good so they get away with it time and time again.  I look forward to your input on any of the topics if you would like to join us.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:45:04 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. John Lamberton exposes malfeasance by public officials.
Check out my website >   http://johnlamberton.webs.com/index.htm?no_redirect=true     The truth never changes with the passage of time.