Author Topic: How to upload Bamber related photos to the forum  (Read 12780 times)

Offline Robittybob1

How to upload Bamber related photos to the forum
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:56:24 AM »
     BBCode (message boards & forums)
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Re: How to upload Bamber related photos to the forum
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 08:03:15 PM »
Myster recommended Imgur as the website to host the images.  As per the first post it worked but on the Imgur site the image was rather small and hence the text becomes impossible to read.
"Imgur is home to the most awesome images on the Internet. As such, we're the perfect destination for you to upload and share cool images with the rest of the world.

However, this means that Imgur is not designed for hosting all images and there are some things we do not allow.

Can I use Imgur to host images for my website, blog or forum?
You're welcome to use Imgur to host your images, as long as they do not break our Terms of Service.
If you'd like to add images to your website or blog, we recommend using Imgur's embed unit to easily make the post visible. More information on finding the embed link can be found here. It will look something like this: "
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 11:30:56 PM »
When I read information on the case and come across a photo:

1.  Make a note in a Word document describing some of the features. Add source URL.  Add Name of photo after saving as per step 2.

2.  Take a copy and make a Paint file of the photo.  Name the photo.  Put name into Word document.

3.  When discussing a topic see if anything is on file, search both forums for photos.  (perform steps 1 and 2 where required.)

4.  Upload relevant files to Imgur and then link to the thread under discussion.

(It seems that the preparation steps 1, 2 and 3 are the key to being successful do perform step 4.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:47:05 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 12:24:51 AM »
  Not happy with that.  Try again.

Not sure why the titles etc not coming with the photo.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:34:31 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 10:26:00 AM »
IMGUR  is pronounced Imager.   IMG  = image and  UR = er   Image + er or  Imager or IMGUR.
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 07:58:12 PM »
Anyone got any idea what this thread is supposed to be about?  @)(++(*

Offline Myster

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 08:25:31 PM »
A bottle of hootch under somebody's armpit?
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 08:27:46 PM »

Ohhh! NOW I know why it's called a thread. It's so you can give it a name when you lose it!!!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 08:32:34 PM »
I needed an area on the forum to practice uploading Bamber photos without it corrupting the rest of the Clouseau thread.
I have already lost 2 pages of posts.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 08:35:14 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 08:34:24 PM »

Ohhh! NOW I know why it's called a thread. It's so you can give it a name when you lose it!!!!
Lost me there sorry.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 08:36:06 PM »
A bottle of hootch under somebody's armpit?
It is really odd isn't it. 
Moderation

Offline Myster

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 08:44:48 PM »
It is really odd isn't it.
Only to you, Rob... only to you.  8(8-))
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 08:46:14 PM »
Lost me there sorry.

When the meaning of something is lost, it's referred to as "losing the thread".

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 08:46:38 PM »
Only to you, Rob... only to you.  8(8-))
Surely not.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2020, 11:41:36 PM »
  Added a title to the picture and resized the image on Imgur.
Moderation