Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 408707 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2385 on: May 12, 2018, 05:44:48 PM »
Your idea of normal is inaccurate.  When a child goes missing both parents are interviewed by police, thereafter one parent (usually the man) goes out to talk to volunteers and help in the search. Gerry McCann made no such effort when Maddie disappeared choosing instead to endear himself with the media something which certainly shouldn't have happened. The McCanns have admitted that they never physically searched for their missing child after that first morning, something which many people find bizarre.

my idea of normal is not inaccrate but as John has asked for bickering to stop perhaps we should leave it there

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2386 on: May 12, 2018, 05:45:46 PM »
i think we have established taht the Mccanns did physically search...not enough for some...but perfectly reasonable for others

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2387 on: May 12, 2018, 06:00:40 PM »
snipped -  In the initial stage of the search, devote your time to providing information to and answering questions from investigators. Once you discover that your child is missing, you will desperately want to help with the search. You may, in fact, wonder how you possibly can stand by and let others look for your child. But the reality is that in most instances, the best use of your energy is not on the physical search itself. Rather, you need to provide information to and answer questions from investigators and to be at home in the event your child calls. The checklist Gathering Evidence in the First 48 Hours identifies the most crucial pieces of background information and evidence that law enforcement will need in the search for your child.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/51536615/Family-Survival-Guide-When-Your-Child-is-Missing

It was lace who posted this official document

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2388 on: May 12, 2018, 08:33:43 PM »
i think we have established taht the Mccanns did physically search...not enough for some...but perfectly reasonable for others

I think it has been accepted that they may have gone out for a look and the main source of that seems to be the book.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2389 on: May 12, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »
I think it has been accepted that they may have gone out for a look and the main source of that seems to be the book.

I think it's been accepted  they searched...but if you want to disagree it's not important

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2390 on: May 12, 2018, 08:39:02 PM »
I think it's been accepted  they searched...but if you want to disagree it's not important

You may have accepted it but many haven’t.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2391 on: May 12, 2018, 08:40:46 PM »
You may have accepted it but many haven’t.

You may not have accepted it but many have

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2392 on: May 12, 2018, 08:41:56 PM »
You may not have accepted it but many have

Beating me with experience again...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2393 on: May 12, 2018, 08:44:32 PM »
Beating me with experience again...

Absolutely

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2394 on: May 14, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »

So can we get this sorted once and for all.

*where did they search?
*For how long?
*Did they search areas which were not searched?
*How did they know which areas had or had not been search?
*why bother searching places already searched- alone as a couple, and not with some of the tapas?

*knowing their daughter was abducted did they hope to find the abductor with their daughter?

* can they really claim the abductor would still be in the vicinity?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:51:48 PM by Angelo222 »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2395 on: May 14, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »

*where did they search?
     *For how long?
    *why bother searching places already searched- alone as a couple, and not with some of the tapas?

*knowing their daughter was abducted did they hope to find the abductor with their daughter?

It's in Kate's book...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2396 on: May 14, 2018, 02:00:47 PM »
It's in Kate's book...
Believe it or not.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2397 on: May 14, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »
Believe it or not.

Of course... Unless she is lying... She searched

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2398 on: May 14, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »

*where did they search?
*For how long?

Very good points MTI. To be fair though, if they weren't involved in Maddie's disappearance then they would have found it extremely difficult to sit in an apartment feeling helpless and despondent at their stupidity. In the pitch darkness there wasn't much they could do but as dawn broke they must have experienced the inevitable strong need to go outside and search around for themselves with the thought that Maddie might respond to their calls.  Any panic stricken parents would want to do the same thing. IMO they then should have taken part in the official searches which had been organised around the town but that never happened.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:13:59 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2399 on: May 14, 2018, 02:13:14 PM »
It's in Kate's book...

On 4th May Kate said;

Thus, at around 9pm, her husband went to the apartment to make sure the twins, as well as Madeleine, were OK.....At the same time, one of the group of friends, Russell, went to see his children, without checking on the interviewee's children.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN.htm

Her memory of the previous evening wasn't correct after less than 24 hours. You appear to expect her memory of the events to be perfect after four years.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0