Author Topic: Gerry McCann is doing the Virgin London Triathlon to raise money for the Missing Persons Charity.  (Read 49571 times)

stephen25000

With the exception of the odd broadsheet, most newspapers run on the basis  of salacious stories.

To use the old adage , bums on seats.

Offline faithlilly

Star reacts to online McCann Abuse.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/329283/Gerry-McCann-target-of-troll-abuse

Those reading may wish to dismiss the paper itself as worthless but remember there are 1.4 million readers of this paper daily. Rather more than the dozen or so (+socks) who troll newspapers in a coordinated effort to abuse the McCanns. Editors don't put articles into papers that their readers don't in general agree with. That would be business suicide.

This is, yet again, a press release from Clarence Mitchell which some lazy journalist has grabbed with both hands. The article hasn't been included in the paper because the editor feels his readership will agree with it, it has been included in the paper because it was a cheap way of filling up space.

You have to ask yourself though with Redwood's 'clearing' of them a few weeks ago and the libel trial, allegedly, all but in the bag, why is the McCann's spokesman pushing the 'victim' angle ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline gilet

This is, yet again, a press release from Clarence Mitchell which some lazy journalist has grabbed with both hands. The article hasn't been included in the paper because the editor feels his readership will agree with it, it has been included in the paper because it was a cheap way of filling up space.

You have to ask yourself though with Redwood's 'clearing' of them a few weeks ago and the libel trial, allegedly, all but in the bag, why is the McCann's spokesman pushing the 'victim' angle ?

This is yet again a claim that something is fact (namely that this is a press release from Clarence Mitchell) without any evidence at all for that claim.

And your notion that the article was front page news to fill up space is equally unfounded speculation.

And both pieces of speculation seem very clearly to be biased against the McCanns.

Why do I sense from the content of your post you have an agenda here? (and before you claim thats and unfair question, its exactly the kind of thing you have been posting to me today)

You are confusing your own personal speculation with fact.

Offline Benice

This is yet again a claim that something is fact (namely that this is a press release from Clarence Mitchell) without any evidence at all for that claim.

And your notion that the article was front page news to fill up space is equally unfounded speculation.

And both pieces of speculation seem very clearly to be biased against the McCanns.

Why do I sense from the content of your post you have an agenda here? (and before you claim thats and unfair question, its exactly the kind of thing you have been posting to me today)

You are confusing your own personal speculation with fact.

IMO - Everything positive in the press about the McCann is claimed to be a press release from Clarence Mitchell.   The fact is the Mccann name sells newspapers, and I doubt if Editors would sit around waiting for a press release when they can report the news perfectly well by themselves without one.    No doubt he would be asked to comment  - but that is also normal procedure.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

IMO - Everything positive in the press about the McCann is claimed to be a press release from Clarence Mitchell.   The fact is the Mccann name sells newspapers, and I doubt if Editors would sit around waiting for a press release when they can report the news perfectly well by themselves without one.    No doubt he would be asked to comment  - but that is also normal procedure.

A lot of things sell newspapers, not always for good reasons. It's all about money.

Redblossom

the story was obviously not from clarence mitchell, he has better things to do, its from intaweb grassing people, its a non story, a cry of EVIL EVIL about some post on the charity site from a guy who said gerry is not exactly the right person to be promoting missing people, and a hark back to the non story of someone threatening to kill kate mccann,bananas

desperate overly exagerrated rubbish and meaningless

Now I wonder if the daily star might run an article ever about real bad wishes from a Ms Healy towards Mr Amaral wishing him a life of fear and miserableness???
 >@@(*&)

Whats  different? Infact, one is vastly different from the other! And which one is more evil? If u want to deal in such epithets
 >@@(*&)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:49:31 PM by Redblossom »

Offline John

Madeleine McCann's dad completes triathlon to raise money for charity that supports families of missing people.

Photo: McCann prepares to start the Virgin Active London Triathlon

MADELEINE McCann’s father has completed a gruelling triathlon to raise thousands of pounds for a charity who support the
families of missing people.

Gerry McCann finished yesterday’s race, which consisted of a 1500m swim, followed by a 40km cycle and a 10km run, in less than two-and-a-half hours.

After completing the Virgin Active London Triathlon, he said he drew strength from supporting the charity’s work when the going got tough.

Gerry, who is originally from Glasgow, said: “It was incredibly hard, especially the bike. But taking part in the triathlon was an amazing and emotional experience.

Gerry approaches the finish of 1500m swim

“What kept me going was the thought of being able to help the charity Missing People support other families living with the very different pain of having a missing loved one.

“A huge, huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me.

“Every step I took, every push on the pedal and every stroke I swam, I did to help families of missing people.”

Last night, donations on Gerry’s JustGiving webpage had reached nearly £8000.

The doctor, who lives in Rothley, Leicestershire, said he was inspired to do the triathlon after wife Kate raised £22,000 for Missing People by taking part in the London Marathon in April.

Maddie disappeared in May 2007, just days before her fourth birthday, while the family where on holiday in Portugal.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccanns-dad-completes-triathlon-2101004
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.