Author Topic: Moita Flores - what is he saying?  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Moita Flores - what is he saying?
« on: June 22, 2018, 10:14:47 PM »
https://youtu.be/5aEEF-U8QIA  What is he saying?

Another video - that has a section with Moita Flores  https://youtu.be/xQ4RkaL_8Dk
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:23:15 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Moita Flores - what is he saying?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:36:30 PM »
In this article it seems he is advocating a full reconstruction even now.  I tend to agree with him on this aspect.
"Mr Flores is now urging British police to put some of their new £85,000 Home Office cash boost towards conducting a reconstruction in the resort.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3093637/kate-gerry-mccann-fresh-misery-madeleine-death/
He said: “It is the only way to resolve the case.”

Ex-cop Mr Amaral, who led the initial hunt for Maddie, has previously called for her parents and their holiday friends to fly to Portugal to relive the fateful night in May 2007.

He has always stated a full reconstruction could produce a vital breakthrough in the £13 million Scotland Yard investigation."
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 12:49:15 AM »
That's the equivalent of the Fox & Friends matinée show.

If you get my drift...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 12:54:05 AM »
That's the equivalent of the Fox & Friends matinée show.

If you get my drift...
Not really as that is not a program aired in NZ. I'll have a look at some examples on YT.
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »
Not really as that is not a program aired in NZ. I'll have a look at some examples on YT.

It was a PT matinée chat show called "Querida Júlia", which regularly featured Amaral's pals, and on occasion, Amaral himself. It was the broadcast equivalent of the pro-PJ CdM.

You'll probably find a transcript in English on one of the pro-PJ blogs.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 07:24:54 PM »
It was a PT matinée chat show called "Querida Júlia", which regularly featured Amaral's pals, and on occasion, Amaral himself. It was the broadcast equivalent of the pro-PJ CdM.

You'll probably find a transcript in English on one of the pro-PJ blogs.
One discussion came up https://youtu.be/pHCXRDJ8qLw?list=PLvtmlFOtf24gEx0bkcfYJd84x7bsMY4Ep
Moderation

Offline Carana

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 10:17:30 PM »
He's an ex-cop turned pundit who staunchly defends Amaral.

Try googlinng "Madeleine McCann" or "Maddie" or "Casal McCann + "Moita de Flores".

He's made some rather "interesting" claims over time, some of which have since disappeared. Not necessarily because the PT outlets in question were obliged to, but numerous tabloids went bust, despite the "Maddie" boost in sales.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 08:49:59 AM »
He's an ex-cop turned pundit who staunchly defends Amaral.

Try googlinng "Madeleine McCann" or "Maddie" or "Casal McCann + "Moita de Flores".

He's made some rather "interesting" claims over time, some of which have since disappeared. Not necessarily because the PT outlets in question were obliged to, but numerous tabloids went bust, despite the "Maddie" boost in sales.

Which tabloids did you have in mind?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 09:39:18 AM »
Which tabloids did you have in mind?

There were 3-4 that regularly wrote about the case. 24 Horas was possibly the best known of them.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 10:30:52 AM »
There were 3-4 that regularly wrote about the case. 24 Horas was possibly the best known of them.

Do you have names for the others?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 12:10:01 PM »
Do you have names for the others?
I put those terms into Google and got JN "Jornal Noticias" and it really had a strongly worded article backing Moita Flores https://www.jn.pt/nacional/dossiers/o-caso-maddie-mccann/ultimas/interior/moita-flores-defende-goncalo-amaral-denunciado-atentado-a-liberdade-1468940.html
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 03:39:08 PM »
I put those terms into Google and got JN "Jornal Noticias" and it really had a strongly worded article backing Moita Flores https://www.jn.pt/nacional/dossiers/o-caso-maddie-mccann/ultimas/interior/moita-flores-defende-goncalo-amaral-denunciado-atentado-a-liberdade-1468940.html

I found the following interesting regarding Moita Flores opinion;  it gives a wider perspective in my opinion to the argument and certainly one which reflects similar views to some I have read, but not so succinctly put.
the hypothesis of slander
 f. 15.01.10

I have not read The Truth of the Lie, the book of PJ Gonçalo Amaral's former inspector on the Maddie case, and I am not following the judgment in which the prohibition, at the request of the McCanns, was decided to sell. I only know what the news says. For example, Moita Flores (also ex-PJ and current mayor of Santarém), as Amaral's defense witness, said that the book prohibits "an attempt to restrict freedom of expression" and that "constitutional rights do not can be attacked. "

What Moita Flores says is a tautology and a contradiction. A tautology, because it is obvious that forbidding a book is a restriction on freedom of expression. Any law that criminalizes defamation and slander is. In fact, it can be said that the entire Penal Code is an attack on individual freedom: does it fill a series of things that we can not do, otherwise we will be arrested or fined? Already to affirm that the constitutional rights "can not be attacked" is to forget that among them, besides the freedom of expression, is the good name and the honor. And it is in the adjustment between one and another that resides the rub of this case.

According to reports, the book "raises the suspicion that the parents of the child will have participated in the concealment of the corpse". Moita Flores is right when he says that it is not the fact that this thesis has not been accepted judicially that prevents its approach: much of investigative journalism deals with theses that justice fails to prove. Whether the book is slanderous or not depends on the seriousness and loyalty of the approach. What I do know is that while Amaral was the chief investigator of the case, the news published on the basis of police "sources" accused the McCanns of hiding their daughter's corpse and even of his death. The fact that, after leaving the PJ, Amaral published a book in this sense makes one suspect that it would be one of the sources of these accusations. If confirmed, this suspicion would make him the face of one of the crimes more committed and less investigated,

But of course, this is just a hypothesis. To assert it without proof would be slander. And if for Moita Flores (and Amaral and his publisher) to explore in a book the hypothesis that a mother and father are authors of a heinous thing is so acceptable, one does not understand why it insults against a judgment that, according to him, Amaral in putting the hypothesis of this one has decided to make money and fame to the account of the McCanns' entanglement. Unless we have for freedom and honor different weights as they are concerned "our" and "others." A matter of sympathy, therefore - but, until you see, sympathy is not a constitutional right.
( published today on dn )
https://jugular.blogs.sapo.pt/1494311.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....