Author Topic: Is it fair to blame police for the result of the McCanns actions on the holiday?  (Read 25090 times)

Offline Robittybob1

O for a post that gives a complete picture.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

But don't you castigate her responsible adult for allowing them to spend a night in the garden without an adult present?  Surely he is to blame for her death, in your view?

I am just trying to establish the point that these cases are totally different.

The child who was taken from the tent wanted to have a children's camp out -didn't we all love that- this was part of being a child and having the choice.

IMO the McCann children had no choice and got no pleasure from the experience of being left alone at night - one child complained about it and then when it happened again the same child disappeared. COMPLETELY different stories.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:57:26 AM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

I am just trying to establish the point that these cases are totally different.

The child who was taken from the tent wanted to have a children's camp out -didn't we all love that- this was part of being a child and having the choice.

IMO the McCann children had no choice and got no pleasure from the experience of being left alone at night - one child complained about it and then when it happened again the same child disappeared. COMPLETELY different stories.
I responded to this post but my reply was removed.  Why? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline slartibartfast

I responded to this post but my reply was removed.  Why?

For suggesting a poster blamed an innocent victim for a crime. Please take offline.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

For suggesting a poster blamed an innocent victim for a crime. Please take offline.
That is what her posts suggests - that it was not the responsibility of the adult because the child wanted to sleep in the garden.  Chldren want to do alot of things but it is the duty of responsible adults to decide what and what is not appropriate.  Personally I don’t hold the uncle in question at all responsible for what happened to his niece, that was purely down to the murdering s..mbag who took her.  But young children were left unattended and in harm’s way and  I’m just interested in the double standards on display by some.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

I wouldn't have left my children alone as the McCann's did,  but as they said they thought they were safe they were checking on them regularly,   who would imagine someone would take one of them in a child friendly quiet resort?

If that were the case - why did the nannies carry rape alarms.

Offline slartibartfast

That is what her posts suggests - that it was not the responsibility of the adult because the child wanted to sleep in the garden.  Chldren want to do alot of things but it is the duty of responsible adults to decide what and what is not appropriate.  Personally I don’t hold the uncle in question at all responsible for what happened to his niece, that was purely down to the murdering s..mbag who took her.  But young children were left unattended and in harm’s way and  I’m just interested in the double standards on display by some.

Parents are responsible for their child’s development. Some activities are good for child development others have little or no impact.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Parents are responsible for their child’s development. Some activities are good for child development others have little or no impact.
I agree.

Offline slartibartfast

I agree.

Good. Would you also agree that an accident happening as a result of a developmental activity is less “blameworthy” than an accident happening as a result of a non developmental activity?

Offline Erngath

Good. Would you also agree that an accident happening as a result of a developmental activity is less “blameworthy” than an accident happening as a result of a non developmental activity?

Children could be involved in a developmental activity but come to harm because of lack of parental supervision during that activity, or letting them take part in a developmental activity for which the child is not prepared or letting them take part in a developmental activity which is  not age related.
And who is to decide an appropriate age for children to take part in some development activity.
Parents make differing choices and sometimes have to live with the consequences if their choice was wrong.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:07:21 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline kizzy

Children could be involved in a developmental activity but come to harm because of lack of parental supervision during that activity, or letting them take part in a developmental activity for which the child is not prepared or letting them take part in a developmental activity which is  not age related.
And who is to decide an appropriate age for children to take part in some development activity.
Parents make differing choices and sometimes have to live with the consequences if their choice was wrong.

Leaving three babies - unattended is not an activity .... its abandoning them imo.

MADELEINE McCann’s parents were not prosecuted for abandoning their daughter
while they dined near by because of “compassion”, law chiefs have claimed.

Portuguese officials thought Brits had “peculiar customs” where it was “natural
for them to leave the two-year-old twin siblings and the other
three-year-old child alone”.

Former minister of internal affairs Rui Pereira slammed Portuguese cops for
not making Kate, 48, and 47-year-old dad Gerry suspects for abandonment.

Madeleine, who was three at the time, was left sleeping in the family’s
holiday apartment in the Algarve resort with her younger twin siblings as
her parents went for dinner with friends in a nearby restaurant.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/1151476/revealed-why-the-portuguese-police-didnt-charge-mccanns-for-childrens-abandonment-after-maddie-disappeared/

Offline Erngath

If that were the case - why did the nannies carry rape alarms.

Is this true?

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline slartibartfast

Agreed. Just differentiating between things done in the interest of the Child and those for the benefit of the Parent. I do realise there can be a significant cross over.

Offline Erngath