Author Topic: What if Mrs Fenn had called the police the night of the crying?  (Read 17474 times)

Offline kizzy

Wonder what the police would have done if mrs Fenn had called them

- and they found the children alone.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:50:52 PM by John »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: What if Mrs Fenn had called the police the night of the crying?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 10:28:19 AM »

Just as well, she didn't , she got the stone cold response when asked if she could help by calling the police, when asked what was going on...

I wonder why Mrs Fenn didn't say they told her  Maddie was abducted!!

Mrs Fenn offered to contact the police  and they declined her offer. they never mentioned abduction to her. or anyone else- they were looking for a ,'missing child'- as if she had wandered off...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:46:26 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 12:39:34 PM »

That's an excellent point kizzy and I don't think it has been touched on previously. I believe had that happened we would not be here discussing this case as the disappearance would never have occurred.

As for the parents I think they would have received a flea in their ear about the perils of leaving young children unattended.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:43:29 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 12:41:07 PM »
That's an excellent point kizzy and I don't think it has been touched on previously. I believe had that happened we would not be here discussing this case as the disappearance would never have happened.

depends if mrs fenns testimony is correct....I suspect it is not

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »

We have discussed Mrs Fenns experience in detail including how the crying stopped immediately the patio door to 5a was opened.  I think it is disingenuous for anyone to attempt to undermine Mrs Fenn's evidence.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 01:20:10 PM »
Doesn't matter.  What would the PJ have done when they found the kids alone and the OC staff aware of that?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 01:25:28 PM »
Doesn't matter.  What would the PJ have done when they found the kids alone and the OC staff aware of that?

The OC would only have intervened if there was a complaint. They rent out apartments, it's not up to them to tell people how to parent their kids.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
The OC would only have intervened if there was a complaint. They rent out apartments, it's not up to them to tell people how to parent their kids.

That's right, it would have been solely between the GNR, the parents and the complainant.  I certainly received a bollicking in Spanish when my three-year-old decided to wander off on a Palma beach so I guess leaving three children alone in an unlocked apartment would have attract a slightly heavier response.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:31:21 PM by John »

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 01:33:39 PM »

Yes the ocean staff should bare the blame. OR It could be that they were not the slightest bit interested in the Tapas and felt it was their decision to leave the kids alone.

I suspect IF Mrs Fen or anyone else mentioned their concern this would have been dismissed out of hand. I am basing this on the parents evidence that 'kate was concerned and spoke to Fi on the matter- thus leaving a door unlocked, and Gerry over ruling her. Also, that heart breaking claim that Maddie her self spoke to the parents about being left alone. My God if the worried and perhaps scared child herself was dismissed then WHO was going to change their minds?  really seriously folks.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 01:34:43 PM »
There was more to it than that.  Silvia Batista claimed in an interview (traces only are left now) that she offered the McCanns babysitting services on the Thursday.  I took that to mean Mrs Fenn had complained and OC had taken some action to correct the situation.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 01:35:47 PM »
That's right, it would have been solely between the GNR, the parents and the complainant.  I certainly received a bollicking in Spanish when my three-year-old decided to wander off on a Palma beach so I guess leaving three children alone in an unlocked apartment would have attract a slightly heavier response.

mmm indeed and if it was in this country even worse!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »

Yes the ocean staff should bare the blame. OR It could be that they were not the slightest bit interested in the Tapas and felt it was their decision to leave the kids alone.

I suspect IF Mrs Fen or anyone else mentioned their concern this would have been dismissed out of hand. I am basing this on the parents evidence that 'kate was concerned and spoke to Fi on the matter- thus leaving a door unlocked, and Gerry over ruling her. Also, that heart breaking claim that Maddie her self spoke to the parents about being left alone. My God if the worried and perhaps scared child herself was dismissed then WHO was going to change their minds?  really seriously folks.
OC  could have warned the McCanns that they will call the police themselves.
Moderation

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 01:41:13 PM »
OC  could have warned the McCanns that they will call the police themselves.

You can deploy whatever tactic you like to  preserve the McCanns 'abduction' theory, However, to place the responsibility about leaving the children alone on other people is a bit rich to be honest.

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 01:44:38 PM »
There was more to it than that.  Silvia Batista claimed in an interview (traces only are left now) that she offered the McCanns babysitting services on the Thursday.  I took that to mean Mrs Fenn had complained and OC had taken some action to correct the situation.

That's interesting Rob.  Mrs Fenn is annoyed by crying on the Tuesday evening and the housekeeper approaches the parents on the Thursday.

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 01:52:52 PM »
That's interesting Rob.  Mrs Fenn is annoyed by crying on the Tuesday evening and the housekeeper approaches the parents on the Thursday.

Was the housekeeper taken up on this offer? It would seem not. Do we have any kind of reaction to her proposal?