Author Topic: What if Mrs Fenn had called the police the night of the crying?  (Read 17319 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: What if Mrs Fenn had called the police the night of the crying?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 01:54:55 PM »
That's right, it would have been solely between the GNR, the parents and the complainant.

I suppose she didn't know at the time that the children were alone. I can't imagine that happened very often.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 02:01:32 PM »
Doesn't matter.  What would the PJ have done when they found the kids alone and the OC staff aware of that?

In that scenario, the PJ wouldn't have been called in, it would still have been the GNR.

Her first reaction was to chat to her friend, Edna about hearing a child crying. Neither seemed particularly anxious, presumably, as she could have called the GNR or even the OC.

Was she in fact sure where the sound was coming from? Edna was never interviewed to corroborate that account, let alone the time, and Mrs Fenn herself wasn't interviewed until some time in August despite being the neighbour directly above.

A sound reconstruction of that account might have been helpful as well: she was elderly and may have had hearing difficulties and early '90s buildings aren't generally best known for their acoustic insulation properties.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »
That's right, it would have been solely between the GNR, the parents and the complainant.  I certainly received a bollicking in Spanish when my three-year-old decided to wander off on a Palma beach so I guess leaving three children alone in an unlocked apartment would have attract a slightly heavier response.

Yes and especially  if they had been worse for ware with alcohol - like imo they could have been.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 02:33:15 PM »
In that scenario, the PJ wouldn't have been called in, it would still have been the GNR.

Her first reaction was to chat to her friend, Edna about hearing a child crying. Neither seemed particularly anxious, presumably, as she could have called the GNR or even the OC.

Was she in fact sure where the sound was coming from? Edna was never interviewed to corroborate that account, let alone the time, and Mrs Fenn herself wasn't interviewed until some time in August despite being the neighbour directly above.

A sound reconstruction of that account might have been helpful as well: she was elderly and may have had hearing difficulties and early '90s buildings aren't generally best known for their acoustic insulation properties.

If insulation not to good all the more she would hear the crying  - for over an hour.

Its amazing the twins didn't wake as well  - all three of them crying.

But as we know the twins sleep through anything.

Even after being told about the crying - they still went out ..for crying out loud.

Every night going out leaving the children  - then the very last night maddie goes missing.

Never to be seen again,

Offline Carana

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 02:41:08 PM »

If insulation not to good all the more she would hear the crying  - for over an hour.

Its amazing the twins didn't wake as well  - all three of them crying.

But as we know the twins sleep through anything.

Even after being told about the crying - they still went out ..for crying out loud.

Every night going out leaving the children  - then the very last night maddie goes missing.

Never to be seen again,

Not in my experience, and I don't have hearing difficulties.  My own experiences don't reflect the reality of what she heard, or thought she heard, obviously, but I have lived in similar buildings and have had reason to want to call the police for more serious concerns than a child crying at some point before midnight. I later discovered that the sound wasn't at all coming from where I had assumed it to be.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 02:46:43 PM »

It has been established that  at the time Mrs Fen would not know the children were being left alone every night. it has also been established thatit was coming from the McCann apartment- Maddie asked her parents where they were- she was aware they were being left alone- but still the parents left them alone again after this conversation with Maddie- so even if she were imagining it or was tone deaf, Maddie mentioned it. Sorry not getting away with this; it was other peoples responsibility to 'do something'. 

I am shocked that some are even mentioning others responsibility and failing to criticize the behaviour of the parents  who had the ultimate responsibility.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 02:59:01 PM »
We have discussed Mrs Fenns experience in detail including how the crying stopped immediately the patio door to 5a was opened.  I think it is disingenuous for anyone to attempt to undermine Mrs Fenn's evidence.

I think Mrs Fenn is mistaken if she thought she Heard crying from 5a for an hour and a half

Offline kizzy

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 02:59:55 PM »
Not in my experience, and I don't have hearing difficulties.  My own experiences don't reflect the reality of what she heard, or thought she heard, obviously, but I have lived in similar buildings and have had reason to want to call the police for more serious concerns than a child crying at some point before midnight. I later discovered that the sound wasn't at all coming from where I had assumed it to be.

think its wrong to post excuses - your experience is nothing like mrs fenn imo

They were holiday apartments [ basic] no carpets she will have know were the crying was coming from.

no one else said it was there child

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 03:00:29 PM »
There was more to it than that.  Silvia Batista claimed in an interview (traces only are left now) that she offered the McCanns babysitting services on the Thursday.  I took that to mean Mrs Fenn had complained and OC had taken some action to correct the situation.

Do you have a cite to support any of this... It may well be mythical

Offline kizzy

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 03:01:30 PM »
I think Mrs Fenn is mistaken if she thought she Heard crying from 5a for an hour and a half

Have the mccanns ever denied it

Offline John

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 03:01:47 PM »
It has been established that  at the time Mrs Fen would not know the children were being left alone every night. it has also been established thatit was coming from the McCann apartment- Maddie asked her parents where they were- she was aware they were being left alone- but still the parents left them alone again after this conversation with Maddie- so even if she were imagining it or was tone deaf, Maddie mentioned it. Sorry not getting away with this; it was other peoples responsibility to 'do something'. 

I am shocked that some are even mentioning others responsibility and failing to criticize the behaviour of the parents  who had the ultimate responsibility.

This conjures up many possibilities imo.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 03:02:46 PM »
What I find not surprising is that Mrs Fenns uncorroborated statement is, treated as absolute fact... It isnt

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 03:08:16 PM »
What I find not surprising is that Mrs Fenns uncorroborated statement is, treated as absolute fact... It isnt

Are you suggesting that Kate was lying when she mentioned that Maddie asked them where they werewhen they were crying?  Are you also suggesting that Maddie didn't know there was crying in their room by the children? or are you just doing 'a Kate'?  slag off anyone who does not agree with her ?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Lace

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 03:08:41 PM »
I have mentioned before,  but I will mention it again,  I believe the crying was the Tuesday night.   Kate mentioned to Fiona that Madeleine had said she and Sean had been crying.   On the Tuesday night Amelie woke up crying,  in my opinion this then woke Sean and Madeleine,  Sean cried and then Madeleine called 'Daddy daddy'  and went into the McCann's bedroom.

Children of almost four don't understand the meaning of 'last night, the night before etc.'   my daughter always said 'yesterday'  when she meant anytime before the present day.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »

Why not ? Because your bias just screams it can’t be?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?