Author Topic: The Bin Men on the night of the 3rd of May  (Read 13065 times)

Offline Lace

The Bin Men on the night of the 3rd of May
« on: June 19, 2018, 09:31:56 AM »
I have been thinking about the bin men who supposedly emptied the bins on the night of the 3rd of May.

Does anyone actually mention this?    I haven't come across anyone saying the bin men were there when the search was on.   If they were why didn't someone mention that Madeleine was missing and for them to look in the bins before they emptied them?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:20:22 PM by John »

Online Eleanor

Re: The Bin Men on the night of the 3rd of May
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 10:20:15 AM »
I have been thinking about the bin men who supposedly emptied the bins on the night of the 3rd of May.

Does anyone actually mention this?    I haven't come across anyone saying the bin men were there when the search was on.   If they were why didn't someone mention that Madeleine was missing and for them to look in the bins before they emptied them?

Excellent questions, Lace.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:20:01 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 11:00:15 AM »

Some peolple (well one person at any rate) thinks that Madeleine was disposed of in a bin so that her body would be found quickly and it was actually bad luck that the bin men took the body away never to be seen again - no I don't understand the logic of that either...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:20:21 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 11:10:44 AM »
Some peolple (well one person at any rate) thinks that Madeleine was disposed of in a bin so that her body would be found quickly and it was actually bad luck that the bin men took the body away never to be seen again - no I don't understand the logic of that either...

I really don't see why,  if someone was going to stage an abduction they didn't raise the alarm in the morning of the 4th of May.   Waking up and finding Madeleine gone,  the window open.  There wouldn't have been any question of neglect then either.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:20:52 PM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 11:16:21 AM »
I really don't see why,  if someone was going to stage an abduction they didn't raise the alarm in the morning of the 4th of May.   Waking up and finding Madeleine gone,  the window open.  There wouldn't have been any question of neglect then either.
you might think that seems the best but really it is just one in a range of options to consider.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:21:12 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 11:24:45 AM »

In the years that I lived in Luz, I don't remember bins being emptied late in the evening.  By 10pm, in my experience, the collections had ceased some hours before.  Also in my experience, collections were on the go again in the early morning.

When we lived in St James (central Luz), I remember being woken up by the binmen in the very early hours of the morning, more than once when it was still dark.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:22:36 PM by John »
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 11:29:23 AM »
In the years that I lived in Luz, I don't remember bins being emptied late in the evening.  By 10pm, in my experience, the collections had ceased some hours before.  Also in my experience, collections were on the go again in the early morning.

When we lived in St James (central Luz), I remember being woken up by the binmen in the very early hours of the morning, more than once when it was still dark.

So someone could have disposed of Madeleine's body in a bin in the middle of the night and the bin men would have emptied the bin in the early hours of the morning.   Makes more sense than dumping Madeleine in the evening?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:24:19 PM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 11:35:23 AM »
you might think that seems the best but really it is just one in a range of options to consider.

I think Lace has raised a valid point in the OP Lace regarding the bins.
I know of only two instances when the bins were mentioned;  one in the files regarding the nannies searching and one in Kate's book when she mentions looking in one.

The police did search extensively. Without looking to check for details, I know that various items were recovered by them from the surrounding areas.

Are there any records about what action they took regarding the bins and the destination disposal sites for the rubbish they contained?  It seems such an obvious thing to do, was it itemised anywhere?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 11:36:51 AM »
So someone could have disposed of Madeleine's body in a bin in the middle of the night and the binmen would have emptied the bin in the early hours of the morning.   Makes more sense than dumping Madeleine in the evening?
Are you thinking that someone had worked out when the bins were being emptied?  That would be unlikely IMO.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:25:35 PM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 11:40:06 AM »
So someone could have disposed of Madeleine's body in a bin in the middle of the night and the binmen would have emptied the bin in the early hours of the morning.   Makes more sense than dumping Madeleine in the evening?

Not if the bins were emptied just before 10 oclock imo
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:26:06 PM by John »

Offline Lace

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 11:41:49 AM »
Are you thinking that someone had worked out when the bins were being emptied?  That would be unlikely IMO.

If it is unlikely a tourist would know when the bins were being emptied, so it is unlikely someone disposed of Madeleine in a bin,  as a bin is the most likely place anyone would look for her or her clothing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:27:34 PM by John »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 11:42:29 AM »

Not if the bins were emptied just before 10 oclock imo
Well that would rule out Smithman being one of the then named arguidos at a minimum.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:28:33 PM by John »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 11:44:08 AM »
If it is unlikely a tourist would know when the bins were being emptied, so it is unlikely someone disposed of Madeleine in a bin,  as a bin is the most likely place anyone would look for her or her clothing.
But didn't someone raise the issue that someone wanted her to be found in a bin? (Mind you that doesn't seem logical to me either.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:29:25 PM by John »
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 11:45:30 AM »
Not if they'd been woken up in the early hours every morning by the binmen as SIL was.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:29:51 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 11:48:59 AM »
Not if they'd been woken up in the early hours every morning by the binmen as SIL was.
Did you see any bins in the photos around apartment 5A?  I haven't.
Moderation