Author Topic: Use of multiple accounts and proxy servers prohibited  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Admin

Use of multiple accounts and proxy servers prohibited
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:29:49 PM »
Members are advised that the use of a Proxy Server to hide their IP address is prohibited.  Any member caught doing so will have their account deleted on the spot.

If anyone wants to know more about this please ask.

Multiple accounts are not authorised on this forum.

Admin   ?>)()<

Offline Admin

Re: Use of multiple accounts and proxy servers prohibited
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:27:02 AM »
Members are reminded that the use of multiple accounts on this forum is prohibited.  We have deleted one such account this morning and the threads/posts associated with it.

If any member is suspicious that multiple accounts are being used please pm us.

Thank you.

Admin.
   ?>)()<

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:28:07 PM »
To all members, mods and editors...

There have have been two instances of alleged trolling recently where threads have been disrupted.  It has been claimed that Debunker and Redblossom have reappeared using other names.  At this moment in time we have no technical reason to believe this to be true.  However, his situation will be constantly reviewed and if any breaches are identified we will respond accordingly.

Can I ask members to refrain from posting accusations on the discussion boards as this merely invokes disputes.  If you wish to complain about a member or are concerned that they are trolling please inform myself or admin directly or use the report button.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
Did Redblossom get banned? I liked her!

Cariad

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
Having read this, I feel it is necessary for me to apologise to the user Promotor Veritatis who I believed to be Debunker.

I of course accept the moderation teams explanation that they have no reason to believe that the two users are the same.

Promotor Veritatis, as promised, I offer you my most profuse and humble apologies for suggesting that you were Debunker. I was wrong and I deeply regret any offence that may have been caused.

I also accept that you have not previously been banned from this forum and that you have not returned under another user name.

The mistake was entirely my own. 

Cariad

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »
Did Redblossom get banned? I liked her!

Red walked. She was brilliant and a real credit to the forum. Her loss is already felt.

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 03:51:33 PM »
Yes, Redblossom wanted to take a break as she felt she couldn't contribute to issues which were repeated.  She asked that her account be removed.

To be clear, I have no problem with anyone returning as long as they abide by the rules and are respectful to others.  The only exception being Frizz of course, she crossed the line from the cyber world into the real world, her actions are inexcusable.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 07:49:33 PM »
Members are reminded that the use of multiple accounts on this forum is prohibited.  I have deleted one such account and the threads/posts associated with it.

If any member is suspicious that multiple accounts are being used please report in the usual way.  TY

Offline Joanne

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 08:05:54 PM »
Why are they not being checked when people apply to join?
I thought this was the norm and also the non-acceptance of proxy internet ip's.

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 01:33:42 PM »
Members are reminded that the use of multiple accounts on this forum is prohibited.  Accounts found to breach this rule will be deleted along with all posts associated with it.

If any member is suspicious that multiple accounts are being used please report in the usual way.

MM