Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius charged with the murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp  (Read 13571 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Oscar Pistorius charged with the murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 08:18:05 PM »
Almost forgot I'd posted that 12 months ago !

I wonder if there was any sign of suitcase/holdall packed and ready to go, as if Reeva was about to sneak out quietly in the middle of the night... or if she got up quietly to start packing without him knowing, disturbed him and he woke up, then they started arguing ?

What was his odd idea of bringing in a fan from the balcony patio around 3am. ?  Was the bedroom hot, or air-conditioned mid-February in Pretoria ?

Sorry, I hadn't realised that that was a year-old post.

Dunno re aircon in the bedroom. If there was aircon and if it was in use, I don't see why a fan would have been brought in from the balcony. The aircon facility may have been available, but not used. Not everyone reacts well to sudden thermal changes.

Redblossom

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 10:01:04 PM »
Almost forgot I'd posted that 12 months ago !

I wonder if there was any sign of suitcase/holdall packed and ready to go, as if Reeva was about to sneak out quietly in the middle of the night... or if she got up quietly to start packing without him knowing, disturbed him and he woke up, then they started arguing ?I

What was his odd idea of bringing in a fan from the balcony patio around 3am. ?  Was the bedroom hot, or air-conditioned mid-February in Pretoria ?

February is still summer weather there

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 10:46:40 PM »
Sorry, I hadn't realised that that was a year-old post.

Dunno re aircon in the bedroom. If there was aircon and if it was in use, I don't see why a fan would have been brought in from the balcony. The aircon facility may have been available, but not used. Not everyone reacts well to sudden thermal changes.

Dr Burger testified that there was no air conditioning in her house. Internal AC systems can be very overpowering and drying for some people. 

Whether or not OP had air conditioning, there could be times when he would just use a fan.

Why however  would a fan be out on the balcony?

Redblossom

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 10:52:13 PM »
Dr Burger testified that there was no air conditioning in her house. Internal AC systems can be very overpowering and drying for some people. 

Whether or not OP had air conditioning, there could be times when he would just use a fan.

Why however  would a fan be out on the balcony?

Err because it may have been used during the day whilst  sitting there?

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 11:49:14 PM »

Possibly but a bedroom balcony seems an odd place to sit during the day! I am sure Oscar's pretty big house had outside seating areas at the back. I think the fan on the balcony story is a load of old tripe!

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 04:13:36 PM »
Possibly but a bedroom balcony seems an odd place to sit during the day! I am sure Oscar's pretty big house had outside seating areas at the back. I think the fan on the balcony story is a load of old tripe!

It does sound a bit strange.

And the suggestion of windows and balcony doors not being locked, and a ladder being left near the bathroom window, in a community with tight security and residents supposedly paranoid about crime, does not seem to make much sense either.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 04:15:41 PM »

Presumably OP will be required to give an account of his movements that day, so we'll see if he had spent part of it drinking his earl grey in the sunshine or not.

Offline Myster

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »
It does sound a bit strange.

And the suggestion of windows and balcony doors not being locked, and a ladder being left near the bathroom window, in a community with tight security and residents supposedly paranoid about crime, does not seem to make much sense either.
Might be an element of truth to the fan story, because it was a hot night. The fan could have been used outside on the balcony during the day or early evening before they retired and was left out. If it became even hotter in the bedroom overnight then it would make sense bring the fan back in.

The radiologist Johan Stipp's bedroom patio door was also open around the same time, which was why he could hear the gun shots and screams. He also stated because it was a hot night, the door was propped open by a chair.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.