Author Topic: Does Madeleine have the right to be found?  (Read 37274 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Does Madeleine have the right to be found?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 11:54:53 AM »

This poses another  few questions, If Maddie was found alive. Would she want to be reunited with her parents? would she blame them for what happened to her? What would be her thoughts on their behaviour before,during and after her being 'missing'?.

Confused I would say.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 11:57:06 AM »

This poses another  few questions, If Maddie was found alive. Would she want to be reunited with her parents? would she blame them for what happened to her? What would be her thoughts on their behaviour before,during and after her being 'missing'?.

If she was an adult, then they would have no claim over her at all.
Presumably that would be age 18, although over 16's have some rights, like being free to leave home.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sunny

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 11:58:30 AM »
An interesting topic and I just wonder why no mention of Joana. Doesn't she "deserve to be found" too or is her horrific case simply being used by the supporters as a stick to beat Goncalo Amaral (this is my opinion but based on my reading).

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 11:59:38 AM »
If she was an adult, then they would have no claim over her at all.
Presumably that would be age 18, although over 16's have some rights, like being free to leave home.
So she could try and wait it out so she doesn't have to go home.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 12:02:11 PM »
An interesting topic and I just wonder why no mention of Joana. Doesn't she "deserve to be found" too or is her horrific case simply being used by the supporters as a stick to beat Goncalo Amaral (this is my opinion but based on my reading).
As far as I can see I am the only supporter who has posted on this thread and in my opening post I contend that all missing children, including Madeleine should enjoy the same rights, as expressed in the link I posted, none of which can be guaranteed unless they are found.  Amaral did not even cross my mind when I started the thread but I find it interesting that you are bringing Joana into the discussion - do you believe her to be a missing child then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »
So she could try and wait it out so she doesn't have to go home.

You are assuming that she is able to make decisions for herself.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 12:04:29 PM »
You are assuming that she is able to make decisions for herself.
You know the theoretical loving couple scenario.  Why would she want to leave?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »

Ah, back to that distant pink galaxy

Or maybe not -

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2018, 12:37:51 PM »

To go back to the other loving family? yeah you have a point.. heehee

The theory was to stop people thinking what could be happening to that child as her  loving parents went jogging and blogging and doing the rounds...instead of looking for her. It would affect the money rolling in for their company. So no paedophile gang. Just a couple of drugging burglars?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 10:55:31 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »
Well it certainly didn't take long for this thread entitled "Does Madeleine have the right to be found" to turn into yet another opportunity for slagging off her parents.  I should have known better.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2018, 01:17:44 PM »
I don't think there is an orphanage in the world who would take her in and not know who she was.  I believe she has the right to be found but that right is not enshrined in the Human Rights Act.

I think I would say she had the right to be tried to be found and she was. It’s like the right to life, the Big C may have other ideas.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »
Well it certainly didn't take long for this thread entitled "Does Madeleine have the right to be found" to turn into yet another opportunity for slagging off her parents.  I should have known better.

Sorry it didn’t go as you planned.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2018, 01:18:54 PM »
I think I would say she had the right to be tried to be found and she was. It’s like the right to life, the Big C may have other ideas.
She was what?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2018, 01:26:54 PM »
She was what?

People tried to find her.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2018, 01:34:19 PM »
People tried to find her.

Lots of people... a global market was procured. A whole community, two police services, Interpol,  3 Private investigators companies, fish wives and psychics, many countries, some had citizens apprehended as they may have looked like her, and the Gypsy communities were targeted.

What was the question?  oh she was seached for...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 10:56:49 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin