Author Topic: We asked the public if Op Grange has achieved anything?  (Read 5634 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: We asked the public if Op Grange has achieved anything?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2018, 08:10:17 AM »
You made a claim, now provide evidence or withdraw your claim. Thems the rules !
What evidence would satisfy you exactly?  Copies of the tweets which iinclude attempts at outing me?  If you think I have broken forum rules you’d better report my post but are we not allowed to speak from personal experience? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2018, 09:12:07 AM »
What evidence would satisfy you exactly?  Copies of the tweets which iinclude attempts at outing me?  If you think I have broken forum rules you’d better report my post but are we not allowed to speak from personal experience?

I think most here have spoken about a personal experience without being asked for a cite.
Indeed Faithlilly herself did recently tell of a personal experience.
I don't believe anyone asked her for a cite.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Lace

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 09:13:55 AM »
Well I for one care so here's my question..

Q. Scotland Yard have spent over 12 million quid on the Maddie case yet the mystery over the missing child remains unsolved.  Are you concerned about the amount of money spent on one missing child? Feel free to comment.

Ans.  Yes
           No

Ah but does it remain unsolved?   That is the million pound question.   Do we know that OG don't know where Madeleine is or what happened to her?   No we don't.   So that question shows a negativity towards the investigation.   Also 'the one missing child'  is another negative.    All missing children are investigated if there is a lead,  if new information arises any cold case is revised.    Madeleine's case obviously has a lead otherwise they wouldn't be carrying on with it. IMO

Offline jassi

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 09:27:21 AM »

Ah but does it remain unsolved?   That is the million pound question.   Do we know that OG don't know where Madeleine is or what happened to her?   No we don't.   So that question shows a negativity towards the investigation.   Also 'the one missing child'  is another negative.    All missing children are investigated if there is a lead,  if new information arises any cold case is revised.    Madeleine's case obviously has a lead otherwise they wouldn't be carrying on with it. IMO
Your first sentence seems to be contradicted by your last.
OG wouldn't still be following a lead if they had already solved the mystery,
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2018, 09:37:01 AM »

That might depend on where the lead is heading.

Offline jassi

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2018, 09:40:08 AM »
That might depend on where the lead is heading.

If the case had already been solved, it wouldn't matter where a lead is heading.
If the lead is crucial then the case hasn't yet been solved.
IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2018, 10:00:51 AM »
If the case had already been solved, it wouldn't matter where a lead is heading.
If the lead is crucial then the case hasn't yet been solved.
IMO

It will be interesting to see if Operation Grange get more money.  We should know soon.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2018, 10:11:40 AM »
The case may not be fully solved but it's quite possible Grabge have a good idea what happened... Based on the, evidence

Offline Lace

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 10:35:10 AM »

No it doesn't.  I said we don't know if OG know what happened to Madeleine or if they know where she is.

The lead could be finding a way to get to her and bring her home.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2018, 10:50:20 AM »
It will be interesting to see if Operation Grange get more money.  We should know soon.

The perps are known IMO so they should receive more funding.

27 March 2018
A Home Office spokesman said: “The government remains committed to the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

“We have briefed the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) that its application for Special Grant funding for Operation Grange will be granted.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-madeleine-mccann-search-operation-grange-funding-money-a8275351.html
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2018, 11:13:45 AM »
The perps are known IMO so they should receive more funding.

27 March 2018
A Home Office spokesman said: “The government remains committed to the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

“We have briefed the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) that its application for Special Grant funding for Operation Grange will be granted.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-madeleine-mccann-search-operation-grange-funding-money-a8275351.html

Sometimes you do say some interesting things, but you don't say them very well, and so you get ignored.  I don't even know whose side you are on.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2018, 11:15:18 AM »

I’m just interested how someone as vocal as yourself could possibly be bullied and intimidated from a platform on which, I assume, you were anonymous.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2018, 11:33:10 AM »
I'm quite prepared to ask any sensible question on twitter if anyone wants to suggest one.  Surely with all the knowledge we cumulatively have garnered over the last few years that isn't too hard?

Any aspect of the case considered.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:45:30 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2018, 02:09:35 PM »

I agree with some of that Lace but the case is clearly unsolved otherwise we would all know about it by now.  My question is only an example and it can be fine tuned so as to not be seen to be sympathetic to one side or the other.  I for one would be interested to hear what people have to say about it on twitter these days.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:11:50 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2018, 06:43:12 PM »
I’m just interested how someone as vocal as yourself could possibly be bullied and intimidated from a platform on which, I assume, you were anonymous.
What does being vocal have to do with it?  You’re vocal, does that mean you’re immune from bullying and intimidation?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly